Hot toys comic version carnage and venom coming???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if you're doing comic versions of Marvel characters why in the world would Carnage, Venom and Invisible Woman be the first out of the gate? Of course, Medicom did do Carnage and Venom, so perhaps these 2 characters are wildly popular in Asia. But for a casual Marvel fan it seems like a sure way to start the line off with a whimper.

How shortsighted of you Dave. First thing is first from all the posts on the other forum it seems like the Invisible Woman is the Jessica Alba film version. So Carnage and Venom are the two comic offerings. Now there are a ton of collectors who buy items simply because they look good. Both Carnage and Venom have amazing fanboy followings to the point where Venom was muscled into the third movie just because of outcry. Imagine if Hot Toys delivered a fantastically done Venom and Carnage that not only looked better than the offerings from Medicom but also kept the Hot Toys' flair. The buzz and demand for their Spider-Man comic offering would break records. They could have offered up Rorschach first from their Watchmen line and people would have bought and walked. Instead they save the ones that people are clammering over for clean-up hitters and build interest and buzz. Spider-Man by far is the most desired in any line that is aimed at Spider-Man and Venom is still a heavy hitter to wet the appetite. That is if this all comes to pass.

The Chris Reeve Superman would be a must.

As for Venom and Carnage, sounds cool but I'll have to pass. If true though I'm glad HT is taking an intrest in comic style characters. A comic style Deadpool and Wolverine (especially in his Astonishing or Jim Lee outfit) would be hard to pass. I'm still waiting for SS to make a PF Galactus and Sentinel though.

Hopefully this is confirmed as official soon. I would love a Daredevil. I would trade a kidney.

I thought Mark 1 was rebuilt and in Obadiah's laboratory when Pepper Potts went there with SHIELD. Couldn't Tony Stark get it back to put in his armor room?

It's right there behind him in this pic

first-iron-man-2-image1.jpg

I thought Mark 1 was rebuilt and in Obadiah's laboratory when Pepper Potts went there with SHIELD. Couldn't Tony Stark get it back to put in his armor room?

Even if he couldn't get it back because it was used as a base for the Iron Monger, it's not like he doesn't have the money to build another one for display in his armory.

Dude's a billionaire, he can afford it.

A few interesting tidbits for certain (comic versions, complete lab, X-men movie and Reeve Supes).:horror

If it turns out to be true HT 10 year anniversary will be a rockin :banana

I think it's a comic Invisible Woman... which is kind of strange as one of the first comic ones?

I hope it's Jessica Alba one.

How shortsighted of you Dave. First thing is first from all the posts on the other forum it seems like the Invisible Woman is the Jessica Alba film version. So Carnage and Venom are the two comic offerings. Now there are a ton of collectors who buy items simply because they look good. Both Carnage and Venom have amazing fanboy followings to the point where Venom was muscled into the third movie just because of outcry. Imagine if Hot Toys delivered a fantastically done Venom and Carnage that not only looked better than the offerings from Medicom but also kept the Hot Toys' flair. The buzz and demand for their Spider-Man comic offering would break records. They could have offered up Rorschach first from their Watchmen line and people would have bought and walked. Instead they save the ones that people are clammering over for clean-up hitters and build interest and buzz. Spider-Man by far is the most desired in any line that is aimed at Spider-Man and Venom is still a heavy hitter to wet the appetite. That is if this all comes to pass.

You might be right if it were Sideshow we were talking about. I'll be very surprised if we see a Rorschach from HT - they're done with Watchmen. And that's why these comic character choices are strange - they do a couple of heavy hitters and only then do they consider other characters. And I didn't get that it was a movie Invisible Woman - that would be great if it was, but still a strange choice. I'd think they'd lead off a FF movie line with Thing - they can do the non-standard bodies.

Back