Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It absolutely doesn't matter what Disney decides to do. No matter how accurate she could look or how they improve her appearance for live action, there's going to be some sect of fans who lose their lid over it.

The only thing that might be more polarized than politics is the Star Wars fandom.

I just hope it's not another Jar Jar, Rose, or young Ani situation where the fanbase gets to toxic they go after Dawson.

So true...

I just hope it's not another Jar Jar, Rose, or young Ani situation where the fanbase gets to toxic they go after Dawson.

That's wishful thinking based on history (and what's on display in this very forum). Personally I think Dawson could make a great live action Ahsoka. And I'll probably want that figure as well. But I want Clone Wars Ahsoka first and foremost and that to be somewhat accurate to, you know, Clone Wars.

Anyway I'm gonna shut up on this now. It's clear most want a fig that doesn't reflect the character as depicted in the Clone Wars so no point saying any more. It's just circular at this point.

Jump on over to the QMX Trek 1/6 thread if you want to see some passionate people about 1/6 figures DEVOLVE into political hatred and off subject debate about the SHOWs not the figures. Terrible.

I get both sides of this. I would love a clone wars accurate season 7 Ahsoka from that last arc. It's been her best look so far. She looked great.

And if Rosario dawson makes a great looking ahsoka I'd be happy with her as well. She might even look cooler, who knows. I dont think animated Maul looks as cool as TPM Maul even after all these years and renditions. So, i really hope she looks badass and elegant still.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If HT does a realistic take on young Ashoka, they have to base the portrait on something. Whether or not that is a younger Dawson is beside the point. I’m sure it will not please everyone. Regardless, I really think they should produce deluxe versions of the Clone Wars figures with animated style portraits. I wouldn’t display them that way myself, and probably wouldn’t pay extra, but these shows have lots of fans who want to capture that look in their displays. I’m sure either a KO company or customizes will step in to fill that gap, but it’s not the same thing.

On another note, I’m still hoping for Savage Opress, Asajj Ventress, Ayala Secura, Thrawn, and Shaak-Ti. Although knowing HT they would show the protos and never produce the figs.

Anytime you're wondering what HT will do, just ask 'What would require the least amount of effort and cost?' :lecture Faceless troopers and helmeted characters. Reusing/modding sculpts they already have available. Covering a regular display base with a cheap vac-formed plastic tray instead of making a new base. Charging over $100 for a hollow Gonk. Repaints and repackaging of old products. Starting to think they will only use this license for clone troopers :ohbfrank:

Damtoys should use their sculptors from the Gangsters Kingdom line to make some 3rd party Clone Wars sculpts. In fact they could release them in the Gangsters kingdom line, they'll blend right in. Just put a hat on Ashoka, no one will notice. :monkey3

So she's stylised in TCW because she's an alien? Ok, so how does that explain all the human characters then?

I always put that down to her being younger and having more child like proportions. Adult Ashoka in Rebels looks like all the others.

And pretty much every other Tortuga we've seen in Clone Wars, comics and live-action have had normal proportions when it comes to their facial features.

I would love some sixth scale Bad Batch members but I feel thats unlikely to happen. So I'm at least hoping for a more realistic looking Ahsoka (since with Rex they went with a realistic head sculpt) and a Captain Vaughn.

I think the next figure in the line, unless it’s a generic 501st/Ahsoka Clone trooper, will be very telling on how this line will move forward.

I’d love to see armored Obi-wan and Anakin and Plo Koon, but I think Maul is very likely to happen sooner rather than later as he is another figure with a determinable likeness. We’ve already gotten 2 Mauls from HT so he seems to be popular with them. I think Solo Maul is going to be a sleeper hit in time for clone wars Maul to sweep in.

Cad Bane would be my dream figure from this line if we are talking original characters like Rex. He also conveniently avoids the likeness issue, so if a character like him ends up being next, HT might be avoiding having to make up likenesses for characters like Ahsoka.

I think the next figure in the line, unless it’s a generic 501st/Ahsoka Clone trooper, will be very telling on how this line will move forward.

I’d love to see armored Obi-wan and Anakin and Plo Koon, but I think Maul is very likely to happen sooner rather than later as he is another figure with a determinable likeness. We’ve already gotten 2 Mauls from HT so he seems to be popular with them. I think Solo Maul is going to be a sleeper hit in time for clone wars Maul to sweep in.

Cad Bane would be my dream figure from this line if we are talking original characters like Rex. He also conveniently avoids the likeness issue, so if a character like him ends up being next, HT might be avoiding having to make up likenesses for characters like Ahsoka.

I'm sure many of you know Obi-Wan in his Clone Armor was done some years ago by Sideshow. Paint and sculpting are not up to today's best of the best standard but it is a great figure and looks awesome on display with the rest of the clones (Wolffe, Bly, Gree, Cody, Rex etc.). I even picked up a plain white clone helmet (shiny) for him to hold/ wear. He's currently in storage but below is an image (credit: Michael Crawford.) Also, link to his excellent (always) review.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102008a.htm

Obi Wan CW.jpg

I always put that down to her being younger and having more child like proportions. Adult Ashoka in Rebels looks like all the others.

This. We see a clear evolution from Clone Wars through to Rebels as a adult where she has taken on the more "normal" physical attributes. There is no reason a teenage Ahsoka can't have the animated versions characteristics but softened to give a more "real world" feel. With some effort both camps can be appeased.

Sorry, I meant his canon armor

791ea99d35320432f530750e5a19daa8.jpg

I always find it funny how everyone ends up making that old non-canonized clone armor from the original clone wars series. Even Hasbro recently did that one for their Walgreens Kenobi (although oddly with his RotS style hair rather than AotC). Sideshow did Anakin from this Clone Wars but never Kenobi.

Back