Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then a couple more Mandalorian figures a bit later in the year as hype starts to build for Season 2.

This most likely.

Really wouldn't be shocked if they rebranded those ROTS 212th clones, Airborne Troopers, and Battle Droids as Clone Wars. If it gets them up for pre-order then I fully support that.

Small chance happening given how **** Disney is with branding and licensing, but yeah, they still might ride them on the Clone Wars hype.

If HT makes an Ashoka figure, which outfit you'll prefer?
I'd normally prefer her second outfit, but after emotion-heavy season 7 finale, I'd like to have her Mandalorian outfit.

If HT makes an Ashoka figure, which outfit you'll prefer?
I'd normally prefer her second outfit, but after emotion-heavy season 7 finale, I'd like to have her Mandalorian outfit.

Just remember there is roughly a decade or more between season 7 (RotS) and her showing up in The Mandalorian. Hopefully she changes outfit in that time [emoji2]

In any case, I'm up for the Mandalorian outfit as it's true to her live action appearance. Plus she'll fit with old Rex etc. Not sure how old she'd actually be but I think she'll look pretty impressive with the Gandalf robes.

Now if (as I suspect) the Ahsoka show focuses on her quest with Sabine to find Ezra and Thrawn. Then that is set earlier and they can go for a different younger look there. Prepare your wallets for HT treatment of that show !

I wouldn't be at all surprised that the plan will be to end the Ahsoka show with a tie up with The Mandalorian in the final episodes. This will probably be in 4-5 years time so it'll be nostalgic to look back on The Mando then.

But I guess we'll cross that bridge once we get there.

edit : make that closer to 3 decades !

a40a1de9b05d4c33377cf8c4afd3c393.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mandalorian takes place in ABY9. Ahsoka was born in BBY36. So she will be 45 (maybe similar to Shaak Ti) in The Mandalorian (ROTS takes place in BBY19). I don't know how it will turn out in The Mandalorian but I am totally satisfied with The Clone Wars finale, so it is the version I'd prefer. Also I like the look of smaller montrals and shorter head tails.

The Mandalorian takes place in ABY9. Ahsoka was born in BBY36. So she will be 45 (maybe similar to Shaak Ti) in The Mandalorian (ROTS takes place in BBY19). I don't know how it will turn out in The Mandalorian but I am totally satisfied with The Clone Wars finale, so it is the version I'd prefer. Also I like the look of smaller montrals and shorter head tails.

OK, but HT won't do the animated look, as they only seem to be doing live action looks.......here we go again.

Actually forget I even said that. Don't want that discussion to start again.

But I do agree the lengths of her tails do look the best proportioned in that final episode. Not the biggest fan of the Shaak Ti look.

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16.49.29.jpg

Since she's not totally human, I can accept if realistic version carries the key characteristics.
BTW, I also not discussing animated/real look. My question is mainly about outfit and overall appearance.

Since she's not totally human, I can accept if realistic version carries the key characteristics.
BTW, I also not discussing animated/real look. My question is mainly about outfit and overall appearance.

Yep, I can actually remember while watching those last couple of episodes that she did look good proportion-wise. So I hope they keep with that look.

If they dress Rosario up like this I won't be so happy.

Shaak_Ti.jpg

Damn speciests! :lol

Yeah, S7 is peak Ahsoka despite the relatively smaller screentime. The blue lightsabers also somehow worked better visually.

Season 7 ep 9-12 Ahsoka is the best overall look. Much better than her look in Rebels. Wish they?d have kept her face more or less the same, just aged a bit, but I know the animation style is different between the 2 shows. Rosario should do her justice I hope

71kk54AmvHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hopefully if they do go for a live action Ahsoka style head-sculpt won't look as horrible as this. The eyes just feel way to small.

I believe she can be rendered realistically. She has full lips, curved nose which can be done. And once they do the eyes as big as realism allows (ie Mila Kunis), then I think it will be OK.

Will hot toys or sideshow make Clone Force 99 (Bad batch)?

I think that'd be a stretch, they were only in that one arc right? I don't see them doing anything like that without more appearances. They're still going to be really cautious I think with their selection.

Will hot toys or sideshow make Clone Force 99 (Bad batch)?

If this was 5-6 years ago, I’d say it was a certainty for SSC.

Now? I don’t see it unless SSC hops back in with HT for a full TCW line.

Back