Hot Toys Classic Predator. FULL REVIEW NOW ADDED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked OMG the same thing, but do you expect that they'll want the figure back, or is it yours to keep? Just curious :)
If they want it back they'll have to fight me for it. But seriously, all samples sent for review are kept.

Great review Jeff! Can't wait to get mine! I was a little on the fence too, but your pics set me straight.:yess:

Mission accomplished, but this guy is so good he'll sell himself. I am seriously amazed that the special edition is still available for pre-order on the SS siite.

Not questioning your integrity, Jeff, but does giving out free review samples worth hundreds of dollars pose the danger of creating the expectation of a positive review?

I know that gamespot was involved in a scandal once for firing one of their workers for giving a bad review to a game that was also advertised on their site and the ratings agencies that rate banks and countries were criticized for helping bring about the economic crisis since they gave triple A ratings to banks that finance them.

My examples are extreme, of course. :) But I would like to know your thoughts on the matter.

Having said that, I agree with your reviews of DX Jack and Classic Predator completely! (even though I had to cancel Jack for budget issues, but I'm still getting Pred ;))

Not questioning your integrity, Jeff, but does giving out free review samples worth hundreds of dollars pose the danger of creating the expectation of a positive review?

I know that gamespot was involved in a scandal once for firing one of their workers for giving a bad review to a game that was also advertised on their site and the ratings agencies that rate banks and countries were criticized for helping bring about the economic crisis since they gave triple A ratings to banks that finance them.

My examples are extreme, of course. :) But I would like to know your thoughts on the matter.

Having said that, I agree with your reviews of DX Jack and Classic Predator completely! (even though I had to cancel Jack for budget issues, but I'm still getting Pred ;))

Well I always tell everyone that sends me samples it can't buy a good review, and to be fair I can't remember the last time I got a really bad figure sent to me. I always take price into account, and you may be aware of the hard time I was given for not giving the DX Jack Sparrow a full score.
Truth is I know people who review music, games and DVD's and they all get the samples sent to them. If you want people to be able to do a big cross section of product the only realistic way is to get stuff sent.

Great response, Jeff. Keep up the good work and looking forward to more reviews.

Oh, btw, people here might already know the answer but I have to ask: How does one get into this line of, well, not exactly work, but more of a hobby, I guess? Being a toy reviewer is a boyhood dream come true :)

Kind of by accident. I am a collector and was buying stuff and sending in guest reviews to Mike for years. I think/hope that when you are genuinly into something and you're passionate about it, that should come accross in your writing.

My advice would be start a blog or start up a site and write and take pics, when you've got a following the rest will hopefully fall into place.

:pray:Jeff, i preordered the exclusive ver from ss collectibles... will i be getting this specific predator you reviewed? not the first batch?

Im happy I didn't pre-ordered the exclusive version. Super Predator skull... so ridiculous, there was and will never be a Super Predator Skull in one of the films. There's absolutely no point getting it!

:pray:Jeff, i preordered the exclusive ver from ss collectibles... will i be getting this specific predator you reviewed? not the first batch?
I would imagine what you see in my review is what will be sent out... be a strange set of affairs if it wasn't.

Im happy I didn't pre-ordered the exclusive version. Super Predator skull... so ridiculous, there was and will never be a Super Predator Skull in one of the films. There's absolutely no point getting it!

Oh c'mon, a little imagination and artistic license can go a long way :)

Great review Wookster, I especially appreciate the comparison pics with the first Classic Predator.
I was a little interested in this release but now that I see how superior it is to the original, I really have to save up and get one.

Great review Wookster, I especially appreciate the comparison pics with the first Classic Predator.
I was a little interested in this release but now that I see how superior it is to the original, I really have to save up and get one.
I thought that might be of use to a few folks. I still like a lot of the detailing on the first one, but there is no getting away from the fact that the new one is superior.

Exactly...

I hope I have time to use the skull to make a custom battle damaged "super" predator.
I like the way you think.

Thanks for yet another informative review, Wookster!

Great review, I can't wait! I'm glad the whole height issue looks correct. I never liked the fact the for some reason (minus the gort & p1) all the other predators hot toys came out with (mainly the AVP's) were the same height. I like the variations of heights in predators because I doubt if in real life all predators are the same exact height!!

Back