Hot Toys Clark Kent Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments on the newspapers! They were put together with pics I found online and screengrabs from the bluray. I also made some pages for the inside give them more of a realistic look, and not just have them be covers. I used ads that were run in the newspapers prior to the release of the first movie.

If anyone wants a copy of the files to print their own, give me a PM and I can email them.

Too cool pm sent;)

just re-done my clark, going to do a base for him also..

i love this sculpt, i bought off a guy on ebay about 2 years ago, it was a prototype, i have a few sculpts left for sale if anybody wants one. i think i have 3?

CLARK3_zps8aebc8ac.jpg

CLARK_zps4a0f6b91.jpg

CLARK1_zpsb63b1ded.jpg

CLARK4_zpse21515f3.jpg

CLARK2_zps697b8fa9.jpg

clark7_zps6cd1a377.jpg

CLARK6_zps153439cf.jpg

CLARK5_zps784c2112.jpg

can anyone suggest where i might find this color n style for my custom kent figure...wanted to do something a lil different than the normal black...

can anyone suggest where i might find this color n style for my custom kent figure...wanted to do something a lil different than the normal black...

I think you might find it difficult to get an exact match to the one from Superman III.

There's a suit coming out that's a similar colour, but there is no waist coat and the tailoring looks a bit off.

https://www.manofactionfigures.com/products/classic-suit-set-cream-16-scale-accessories-figureboss

Maybe you could find a white suit and dye it?

Or if you want a look other than a black suit maybe you could go with a grey one. It's accurate to Superman the Movie, The Richard Donner Cut and Superman III. You would just need to switch out the shirt and tie.

Toys City suits are really well tailored. I went with the dark blue pinstripe, but they do a grey too.

I think you might find it difficult to get an exact match to the one from Superman III.

There's a suit coming out that's a similar colour, but there is no waist coat and the tailoring looks a bit off.

https://www.manofactionfigures.com/products/classic-suit-set-cream-16-scale-accessories-figureboss

Maybe you could find a white suit and dye it?

Or if you want a look other than a black suit maybe you could go with a grey one. It's accurate to Superman the Movie, The Richard Donner Cut and Superman III. You would just need to switch out the shirt and tie.

Toys City suits are really well tailored. I went with the dark blue pinstripe, but they do a grey too.

Thanks man...I been lookin all day n just cant decide lol...somethin ab that tan color I like. The cream is just too light like u said and no vest so im thinkn ab goin with greyand find a white shirt and grey tie!

Thanks man...I been lookin all day n just cant decide lol...somethin ab that tan color I like. The cream is just too light like u said and no vest so im thinkn ab goin with greyand find a white shirt and grey tie!

I would recreate the suit from Superman the movie in his first appearance. The only difficulty is finding a blue button up shirt and the tie.

I plan on making the tie using paint markers on a black tie. Roughly following the patterns on screen. The blue shirt is what I am currently trying to track, aside from that I have the whole outfit! I always see conflicting imagery of the fedora... sometimes it looks black, sometimes gray. I went black for now since there is a really nice black fedora made for the DID Gangster figure.

For the suit it is made by Mens Homme, it actually is the exact same one as in the beginning of this thread. I had bought it for my Bruce Wayne, but then I quickly realized it is a dead ringer for the suit in Superman The Movie.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I would recreate the suit from Superman the movie in his first appearance. The only difficulty is finding a blue button up shirt and the tie.

I plan on making the tie using paint markers on a black tie. Roughly following the patterns on screen. The blue shirt is what I am currently trying to track, aside from that I have the whole outfit! I always see conflicting imagery of the fedora... sometimes it looks black, sometimes gray. I went black for now since there is a really nice black fedora made for the DID Gangster figure.

For the suit it is made by Mens Homme, it actually is the exact same one as in the beginning of this thread. I had bought it for my Bruce Wayne, but then I quickly realized it is a dead ringer for the suit in Superman The Movie.

attachment.php

If you want an accurate colour for the shirt, try Dylon "China Blue". I used it for mine on a white shirt and it came out pretty accurate to the screen grab you posted. It took a couple of goes. the first one came out a bit too dark, but the second was great.

For the tie you can use the pattern I made from photos of an accurately reproduced tie if you want. Mine is a little off from the screen grab as I tied it too low on the pattern. If you tie it higher it will look just like the movie.

Print the attached image at 55% scale for a good size.

Last edited:
Putting this custom together makes me now realize how impossible it would have been for Clark to hide his cape inside his suit lol. Clearly I need to remove it from the inner costume for this to work!

Putting this custom together makes me now realize how impossible it would have been for Clark to hide his cape inside his suit lol. Clearly I need to remove it from the inner costume for this to work!

Yeah the cape and the boots too. Does he wear socks and his work shoes over the boots? :lol

I did that for the custom i made for my Brother for christmas. I had to carefully cut the threads and totally remove the cape.

Yeah the cape and the boots too. Does he wear socks and his work shoes over the boots? :lol

In Superman Returns, there's a scene where he flies up through an elevator and, accelerating *really* fast, flies right out of his Kent clothing revealing the full super suit underneath.
It *looks* cool but makes you wonder hos it's supposed to work.
It's fair enough if it's supposed to materialise out of the suit.
But they never say that...

I did that for the custom i made for my Brother for christmas. I had to carefully cut the threads and totally remove the cape.

In Superman Returns, there's a scene where he flies up through an elevator and, accelerating *really* fast, flies right out of his Kent clothing revealing the full super suit underneath.
It *looks* cool but makes you wonder hos it's supposed to work.
It's fair enough if it's supposed to materialise out of the suit.
But they never say that...

I am going to have to do that as well! I just need to get a good thread remover tool to do it right.

I even think of the new Man of Steel... that cape just would never fit under there! Its funny the things you don't think of until you put a figure together.

I am going to have to do that as well! I just need to get a good thread remover tool to do it right.

I even think of the new Man of Steel... that cape just would never fit under there! Its funny the things you don't think of until you put a figure together.

The Man Of Steel suit will probably retain New 52 traits i would imagine. The cape will likely be held in the suit till he needs it to appear.
It's too big to fit under clothing otherwise.
As for the Reeve cape removal, i lifted the cape up from the suit and just used a scalpel to cut the threads one at a time. As i was pulling the cape up, only a small cut was required per thread, so there was no risk of damaging the suit.

null_zpsc1405abf.jpg

Nice touch with the belt buckle! I just ordered that exact trench coat! I am glad it works well! Is that the DID gangster hat?

Thanks, the belt is from a set done by ACI
No the hat is not from the DID gangster figure, I brought it loose on collectible Kit Bash website.

I have that DID figure so I used the hat and done some more pics, the first 2 pics are the DID Gangster figs hat:

This is the basic look I was going for:

kent_zps5e6309aa.png

DSCF2152_zps0dac7ee0.jpg
DSCF2153_zps4778a2bb.jpg

(DID Gangster Hat)^^

DSCF2154_zps48a083da.jpg
DSCF2156_zps3b8d9e59.jpg

DSCF2158_zps5bbfdf5c.jpg

^^ As you can see I have removed the kiss curl from the sculpt.

I got a better matched blue checked shirt for my Clark Kent custom today. It's a far closer match for the one he uses at the end of the movie.
I also got a black tie.
I have yet to get decent glasses for him. But i am still looking.

D0E90147-FB25-4499-88C2-AB75C4A85082.jpg

6FDCE9C4-FF0C-4988-BCFA-AEAD4E4F95F8.jpg

ED10EB63-E56C-4DFE-A716-4091B21A2782.jpg

I got a better matched blue checked shirt for my Clark Kent custom today. It's a far closer match for the one he uses at the end of the movie.
I also got a black tie.
I have yet to get decent glasses for him. But i am still looking.

D0E90147-FB25-4499-88C2-AB75C4A85082.jpg

Spectacular! Very nice work on this one! My hope is that with MOS gaining popularity with upcoming movies, I hope we may get a DX version of his Supes one day with a Kent figure. I wish they would do the same for Reeve but I have my doubts that it will happen.

Back