Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the frustration as I share it also!

But remember this thread serves as a petition and the more contributors and speculation there is the more attention it will get.

And The Puzo script is still to date unpublished. While it regularly makes appearances as a fat wad of paper in various Superman documentaries it has still yet to materialize online.

The blog has also been updated with a history of Superman Movie figures!!

And now back onto topic...

I say nay to heat vision eyes unless its an alternate head with expression to match...

I understand the frustration as I share it also!

But remember this thread serves as a petition and the more contributors and speculation there is the more attention it will get.

And The Puzo script is still to date unpublished. While it regularly makes appearances as a fat wad of paper in various Superman documentaries it has still yet to materialize online.

The blog has also been updated with a history of Superman Movie figures!!

And now back onto topic...

I say nay to heat vision eyes unless its an alternate head with expression to match...

We should get 3 heads one with a smile, one for the heat vision, and the other for Clark Kent

We should get 3 heads one with a smile, one for the heat vision, and the other for Clark Kent

OK...n ow you're just messing!! Waiting a week and then replying to the last post!! Grr! Lock this thread up!!!!! :banghead

:monkey3 :peace

OK...n ow you're just messing!! Waiting a week and then replying to the last post!! Grr! Lock this thread up!!!!! :banghead

:monkey3 :peace

LOL! lets keep this thread alive!:rotfl
Lets wait for an announcement in June (cross my fingers on this):chew

When the hell is this gonna be announced? Every time this thread is bumped it's a huge tease.

:)

What I don't understand is why in the interview with Howard Chan there was no mention whatsoever about this figure which is supposed to come out or announced sometime in 2010.

Yeah! That's what frightens me a bit too, but let's cross our fingers and hope it is the fabled DX he was hinting at. After all, if anyone deserves a DX treatment from the very start, that's CR Supes!

Besides, for those sayng it can't be a DX since a DX is supposed to come after e reg edition, well technically, it's possible! We can say (I know it's a bit of a stretch but hey!) that the BR Supermen were the reg editions....

So let's keep hope! It's gotta come and make us happy! :D

yeah and with the mj dx we can't say anymore what a dx figure really is. the only similarity of the dx figures is pers.

is it the accesoirces which makes it dx-worth? no, the mj figure does even have less stuff than a regular release.
it it the fact that there was a reg. version before? nope, the 'bad' mj wasn't released before.

so only HT can decide what they want to be a dx.

my only thoughts about a reason for a deluxe figure is how heroic the character is. so sup-reeves should have a chance to be a dx choice.

With Mattel making one and the head man of Hot Toys saying he is coming, I'm sure we will see something before the year is out.

I have T2 and GIJoe to hold me over.

Well The MJ DX03 is a totally new figure.

yeah and with the mj dx we can't say anymore what a dx figure really is. the only similarity of the dx figures is pers.

is it the accesoirces which makes it dx-worth? no, the mj figure does even have less stuff than a regular release.
it it the fact that there was a reg. version before? nope, the 'bad' mj wasn't released before.

so only HT can decide what they want to be a dx.

my only thoughts about a reason for a deluxe figure is how heroic the character is. so sup-reeves should have a chance to be a dx choice.

I know some people say DX03 is a new figure! But I can't agree completely with that! Bad is a new fig while MJ is not! So the standard definition of what a DX is still stands IMHO; However, this "new" version of an existing character (MJ) would correspond exactly with a "new" version of Superman (from BR to CR)

So with this slightly refined definition of a DX, CR could indeed be DX04! :D

Suns of Rao!!!! I hope I'm right! :D

Well, HT did mention that DX04 should please most, as opposed to the somewhat negative reactions to DX03.

Hopefully Supes.

I just logged into the home page and saw 'Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX', with the rest cut off and showing new posts in the DC section here. Forgetting about this thread, my heart instantly fluttered with excitement and then i realised after clicking what it was :( Uhuuuuuuuuuuu.

I think we all do the same every day, in the hope that one day it really will be an official release!

With Mattel making one and the head man of Hot Toys saying he is coming, I'm sure we will see something before the year is out.

Yep is to much coincidence DC gave the green light to Chris Reeve likeness to prove it we have 3 statues from DC Direct, 1 Cinemaquette, 2 Mattel figures.
And of course for those who liked Keaton Batman: 1 Statue Dc Direct, Batmobile, Batwing other 2 more accesories, we can expect soon a figure from Hottoys on this franchise. :banana

I would almost say that It won't be the next DX as Hot toys seems to do a DX version only after they have done previous versions. BUT now that I think of it they have done the Superman character before with the "Returns" stuff so it's possible for them to make this the next one. I would be ecstatic if the figure is like the 2 in 1 figure but with the pers added on.

I say now that I don't care if I become unemployed or with no money I am buying two of those and putting it on a credit card if I have to. If somebody from the bank tries to repossess them, they'll have to pry it from my dead hands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back