Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say now that I don't care if I become unemployed or with no money I am buying two of those and putting it on a credit card if I have to. If somebody from the bank tries to repossess them, they'll have to pry it from my dead hands!!

You and me BOTH man!!! :lol:lol:lol

i have been waiting for 89 Batman and Chris Reeve Superman for as long as i can remember!!! seriously, even non-collectors might pick these 2 up if they happen to chance upon them on any comic store!

You and me BOTH man!!! :lol:lol:lol

i have been waiting for 89 Batman and Chris Reeve Superman for as long as i can remember!!! seriously, even non-collectors might pick these 2 up if they happen to chance upon them on any comic store!

Agreed 100% i still dont know why they have taken so long to make this???

Agreed 100% i still dont know why they have taken so long to make this???

Me neither. Why don't Hot Toys just get a hold of BobbyC. Since he's scanning his 1:1 to 1/6 scale anyway. No one can do better than that sculpt. Headsculpt done, plug it in a Wolverine body. Stitch the clothing and do the boots and everything is done!

Not sure whats taking so long on this. Is there something significant coming up that HT would be holding out for?

Seems that every line is taking a backseat to Iron Man now. Which is fine because the iron is hot. Hopefully HT will get back in the program afterwards.

I wouldn't mind a good Reeves superman. I'm not a fan of the Returns Superman I've seen. Chris Reeves or George Reeves would be SWEET!

Not sure whats taking so long on this. Is there something significant coming up that HT would be holding out for?

Seems that every line is taking a backseat to Iron Man now. Which is fine because the iron is hot. Hopefully HT will get back in the program afterwards.

Prince of Persia, Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Terminator 2 and Iron Man. I think those guys come first, but it confuse me? i think HT docent know how important this character is..... i can bet you that if you throw all of those license together and a 100% accurate Chris Reeve the sales numbers will all go for up Supes :emperor

This thread has slipped down the line and it needs to stay at the top. I just watched Superman for the first time in many years and its such a great movie. Really great. I have read all the things people have said and I agreed with them for he most part but after seeing Reeve again, wow. What a great job and such a likable performance. Hot Toys we really need this guy. It would be great to have little Reeve in my house.

Last edited:
I think they're waiting for SDCC. I can't think of a better opportunity to reveal a figure like this.

I agree. We've seen some other companies releasing Reeve likeness collectibles recently. It seems that HT is just waiting for the right time to make an impression with this sought after collectible.

I really would like to keep my 2k in my pocket than fork out for what seems to be the closest Reeves likeness by buying the Cinemaquette Superman. Come on HT I know you can do better! Please on bended knee!

I really would like to keep my 2k in my pocket than fork out for what seems to be the closest Reeves likeness by buying the Cinemaquette Superman. Come on HT I know you can do better! Please on bended knee!

I know, I feel the same way. Cinemaquette has the best one out so far, but the $2000 is a HUGE amount to pay. I'd be more than satisfied with a great quality HT 12" figure.

Reeve dagnabit! REEVE, not Reeves! George Reeves is the black & white 50's Superman! :banghead

At least I got it right on the previous page. It's the guy I quoted that spelled it wrong.

:lol

It happens a lot in here. Best to try and ignore it.

I usually ignore it too, that's why I didn't correct his quote (best to quote what somebody actually wrote IMO).

Ok I have to admit I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Ive only managed to read a few pages. Is it true that HT has hinted towards a Reeves.... eh hem.... I mean REEVE Superman? lol that ones for garou_terry. What did they say exactly? Only that everyone will be happy with the next DX figure?? I would absolutely LOVE a Reeve Superman. I'm a huge Superman fan and this would make my year!!

amusedjester is your avatar a repainted General Zod or is it a custom made Zod?

I agree. We've seen some other companies releasing Reeve likeness collectibles recently. It seems that HT is just waiting for the right time to make an impression with this sought after collectible.

That's 100% accurate, but i think that by June will see a sneak peek of this one, still i know this is old but the part of the article that said that they were making a CR Supes and Tron figures it was official right anyone this days can manipulate it in photo-shop...those anyone here has the that magazine to confirm it?

If you want to push this to make Hot Toys release something early send an email to this ad: [email protected], if they see there is much interest in this figures (is obvious) probably they will make Luthor, Zod and Jor-El (black costume) heck even Otis or Ms Tessmacher!:rotfl

That's 100% accurate, but i think that by June will see a sneak peek of this one, still i know this is old but the part of the article that said that they were making a CR Supes and Tron figures it was official right anyone this days can manipulate it in photo-shop...those anyone here has the that magazine to confirm it?

If you want to push this to make Hot Toys release something early send an email to this ad: [email protected], if they see there is much interest in this figures (is obvious) probably they will make Luthor, Zod and Jor-El (black costume) heck even Otis or Ms Tessmacher!:rotfl

If someone had photoshopped the Japanese magazine I'd imagine they would have made a much bigger and bolder claim.

milkarticle.jpg

This is translated in another thread in general, but it basically says that expect some figures from classic films in 2010 and mentions the Reeve Superman specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back