1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I understand that it's more convenient, as I personally think it is also; it's neat to just simply stick the shield onto AoU Cap's arm, but I'm still honestly not grasping why some individuals are under the impression that the magnets on the AoU shield were some sort of new and improved technology by HT to attach the shield that they were going to use with every Cap figure moving forward. The magnets were simply meant to simulate the way his shield attached to his arm in the film.

He has straps on his shield in this film, so the figure has a shield with straps. I'm not sure why this is difficult to grasp.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I understand that it's more convenient, as I personally think it is also; it's neat to just simply stick the shield onto AoU Cap's arm, but I'm still honestly not grasping why some individuals are under the impression that the magnets on the AoU shield were some sort of new and improved technology by HT to attach the shield that they were going to use with every Cap figure moving forward. The magnets were simply meant to simulate the way his shield attached to his arm in the film.

He has straps on his shield in this film, so the figure has a shield with straps. I'm not sure why this is difficult to grasp.

Exactly how I feel. Thank you for writing what I said earlier but much better. XD

I think maybe peole just wanted the magnet gimmick for the back. As for the arms. They could have incorporated magnets with the straps to make it more stable or at least make the straps less breakable perhaps?

For me I have always been careful with the straps so no need for magnets though on the back would have been a good addition to secure the shield properly as a gimmick and still be accurate.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Very fitting! Nice video!

Magnets for the back would be a big improvement.

i got on the waitlist.....ill not be holding my breath....would be nice tho if it came through but Im way late to this party.

i got on the waitlist.....ill not be holding my breath....would be nice tho if it came through but Im way late to this party.

I heard SS was only getting 200 but people may cancel because of finances

I think maybe peole just wanted the magnet gimmick for the back. As for the arms. They could have incorporated magnets with the straps to make it more stable or at least make the straps less breakable perhaps?

For me I have always been careful with the straps so no need for magnets though on the back would have been a good addition to secure the shield properly as a gimmick and still be accurate.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I can see this point.

Although on a shield with straps, I'm not sure where HT would put the magnets on the shield. On the AoU shield, the magnets were exactly where the straps would be on a shield with straps. Even with magnets, perhaps it would make the shield a bit more secure, but I don't think it'd make the straps less breakable. The straps seem to tend to break on the shields when you're trying to get the strap in his hand to grasp, which is something you would have to do anyway even if magnets being used simply as additional support to hold the shield on his arm.

Like you, I've always been careful with the straps. The worst I've had was one of the little metal hooks to hold one of the straps on the GA shield broke halfway off (unsalvagable, but the shield is still able to be held with no issues) and the entire strap on one side of my clean A1 Cap shield came unglued (simply just had to re glue it back on the shield).

As far as the back, if no magnets are used, I think the clip/hook that comes with the SS Cap is pretty good. It clips on the back of his harness with ease and it sits flush with and close to his back. It looks pretty clean, in my opinion. Not sure why they simply didn't reuse that with this figure.

I think I've been on the WL for a month and nothing yet. *sigh*

How long after it went into Wait List did you place your pre-order. I placed mine the day after and it converted about 4 days later. Did you pre-order much later?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I've been on the WL for a month and nothing yet. *sigh*

I cancelled mine due to getting one from HK. So someone will be happy, just really love it and enjoyed reviewing it

I'm on the wait list too been on for a while. I think I went on a day after a lot of people's converted.

I don't suppose anyone has an estimated SSC arrival?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be about 3 more weeks

Back