1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

If you contact SSC they will put it on a flex pay schedule. :)

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Hey if my waitlist converts will I be charged the full $234 or just the $23 NRD

Just the $23 for now.

That's good Jordan! In that case most everyone who was on the wait list should've got a conversion then.

Got a waitlist conversion!! Hopped on it Saturday morning
Awesome, my waitlist has been converted.... I am getting this one for sure.:yess:
Waitlist conversion as well. Guess they found many more
Hey guys, I just received notice that my waitlist has been fulfilled. Looking forward to owning both versions :yess:
edit: congrats to everyone on scoring one :hi5:
Got a conversion, was on WL as soon as it went to it though.
Got a conversion and I went on the waitlist yesterday. They had to have undersold him!

Awesome everyone! got mine too! :hi5: :duff

Congrats to everyone who is converting!

Hey guys, I just received notice that my waitlist has been fulfilled. Looking forward to owning both versions :yess:

edit: congrats to everyone on scoring one :hi5:

Wow, so you're going to have both the regular and battling versions?

When do they charge the full amount the 234?

They'll charge the remainder when he is in stock and getting ready to ship out.

It's not cancellations when there are mass conversions like this. Either hot toys saw the demand and is increasing production or sideshow increased how much they ordered from hot toys assuming they didnt exceed the maximum number of figures hot toys allocated to them for resale.

Sorry but that's just not the case. This "mass" conversion occurred immediately following the day they charged all of the intial NRD. So they had all of the cancelations since it went waitlist and all of the NRD declines and those are the waitlist conversions. They just held all the cancelations to do the waitlist converts all at once with the NRD declines.

Mine converted too. Yippy yay! Lol. I've always jumped on WLs too late in the past. This is my first convert. It feels neat. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but that's just not the case. This "mass" conversion occurred immediately following the day they charged all of the intial NRD. So they had all of the cancelations since it went waitlist and all of the NRD declines and those are the waitlist conversions. They just held all the cancelations to do the waitlist converts all at once with the NRD declines.

Technically, nrd being declined due to insufficient funds isnt a cancelation. It was never a valid order but ya I get your point, I didn't consider that really. It seems like a complete waste of time to order something you don't have the money for (let alone not have 25 bucks in the account) and for ssc to allow the same customers to do this.

Technically, nrd being declined due to insufficient funds isnt a cancelation. It was never a valid order but ya I get your point, I didn't consider that really. It seems like a complete waste of time to order something you don't have the money for (let alone not have 25 bucks in the account) and for ssc to allow the same customers to do this.

:exactly: People on here have said that they ordered and did not have the funds for the NRD

This happened to me with my ANH Vader.

The bank had put a random block on my debit card due to "suspicious activity", and when SSC tried to deduct the final payment, they outright automatically canceled the order. When I called and explained what had happened, it was restored.

The point being that I can see if the NRD doesn't go through for a lot of people, the order would be voided and go to someone who's on the waitlist. Especially an exclusive.

Like people have said though, I'm not sure why people are investing in a roughly $225 figure when they can't even handle a $30 charge. This has happened on eBay before also; people bidding on items that they don't have the funds for.

Just happy to have the conversion. Now, I forget how to turn this into flex payments?

This happened to me with my ANH Vader.

The bank had put a random block on my debit card due to "suspicious activity", and when SSC tried to deduct the final payment, they outright automatically canceled the order. When I called and explained what had happened, it was restored.

The point being that I can see if the NRD doesn't go through for a lot of people, the order would be voided and go to someone who's on the waitlist. Especially an exclusive.

Like people have said though, I'm not sure why people are investing in a roughly $225 figure when they can't even handle a $30 charge. This has happened on eBay before also; people bidding on items that they don't have the funds for.

Hmmm I'm surprised they canceled the order after one attempt. I had 2 occasions where I had to change my credit card number because one time I lost it and the other for fraudulent activity. I forgot to update my SS account with the new number so naturally when SS went to charge me it didn't go through. I got an email saying something to the effect of "hey, we tried to charge you and it was declined but we get that life & **** happens. We will try to process this again on xx/xx/xxxx". And the retry date was a very forgiving grace period. Something like 5-7 days.

But those were orders that were ready to ship. Maybe it's different with NRDs and they only try once before they cancel and move on

or maybe Hot Toys are just producing more figures. there is no limitation number or anything...

i said it 2 days ago, a lot of Waitlists will convert and i was right..what they do, its called marketing...

I don't see why Hot Toys would produce another run of figures unless Side Show has a huge waitlist. Maybe this is just Side Show wanting to get orders asap so they can put the NRD towards their own expenses.

Anyways, now that I have both on lock, my plan (assuming Hot Toys doesn't change anything) is to put the helmet sculpt from the regular version onto this battling version. The interchangeable mouth piece suits this version better imo plus the helmet appears to have more battle damage :lol

Back