1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I'd do it to the screaming one. That's the only one where it would work with the film.(and I plan to pick up an extra just for this)

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I don't suppose anybody knows whether the Battle version's faceplate is removable or not yet? It would be great if we could just pick up the screaming faceplate and not the whole head sculpt. But I guess thats something thats too early to know right?

I don't suppose anybody knows whether the Battle version's faceplate is removable or not yet? It would be great if we could just pick up the screaming faceplate and not the whole head sculpt. But I guess thats something thats too early to know right?

It's not removable, this is the AoU headscuplt.

I'd do it to the screaming one. That's the only one where it would work with the film.(and I plan to pick up an extra just for this)

By the screaming one, do you mean the gritted teeth face piece?

Guess I'm spending another $55-$120 on a CA CW regular version head sculpt from Hong Kong then whenever I get the battle version. [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And gritted teeth faceplate. :(

I'm worried about how much the BD shield will go for when it's available.

I'm worried about how much the BD shield will go for when it's available.

If any consolation, some of the BV purchasers seem to share the same sentiment regarding the regular version's interchangeable face piece sculpt.

If any consolation, some of the BV purchasers seem to share the same sentiment regarding the regular version's interchangeable face piece sculpt.

Ha I bet

I'm gonna bloody up one of those face plates :rock

Unfortunately this doesn't come with face plates, torn on this, WL converted but not sure this is all that special; seems more like a recycled CW Cap with a new base and a few shield scratches.

Why didn't they include the face plates?

From what I have seen in the past. Helmeted Cap heads have been affordable whereas an exclusive shield will go for far more than the new head. The price on the head will drop eventually once demands die down. But the shield will usually stay at a similar price range maybe droping just a little due to its exclusive nature. So better to get the head on ebay than the shield.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

From what I have seen in the past. Helmeted Cap heads have been affordable whereas an exclusive shield will go for far more than the new head. The price on the head will drop eventually once demands die down. But the shield will usually stay at a similar price range maybe droping just a little due to its exclusive nature. So better to get the head on ebay than the shield.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ive noticed that also plus there will be alot more regular Caps in circulation than the BV version. Getting a regular Cap HS with the plates shouldn't be a problem.

Ive noticed that also plus there will be alot more regular Caps in circulation than the BV version. Getting a regular Cap HS with the plates shouldn't be a problem.

That's my plan, I can't imagine picking up the scratched shield for cheaper than the HS just due to the availability.

I just noticed Sideshow added a "postpone for a month" option on flex pay

How many times can you postpone?

Thanks guys, you've helped me off the fence here, I can always buy a Reg head (which is more battle worn) and face plates. Maybe even sell the BV head and be pretty much where I want to be ( and what HT should have provided)

Thanks guys, you've helped me off the fence here, I can always buy a Reg head (which is more battle worn) and face plates. Maybe even sell the BV head and be pretty much where I want to be ( and what HT should have provided)

Depends on where you're standing.

Some regular version buyers felt it should have included the BD shield, and some BV buyers felt it should have gotten the sculpt with the interchangeable face pieces.

It's CW, after all. Choose your side. :lol

I just noticed Sideshow added a "postpone for a month" option on flex pay

How many times can you postpone?

I'm guessing you can do it once with that feature on the site and then after that you'd have to contact them. I changed a date of one of my figs up once and have lost the option to do so again on the site.

Since this version does not include any swap out parts. I'd guess the mouth is not removable. So you'll have to buy the entire head :dunno

Since this version does not include any swap out parts. I'd guess the mouth is not removable. So you'll have to buy the entire head :dunno

That would be correct.

The sculpt on the BV is exactly the AoU and SS sculpt, just repainted to confirm to the design of his CW helmet.

Depends on where you're standing.

Some regular version buyers felt it should have included the BD shield, and some BV buyers felt it should have gotten the sculpt with the interchangeable face pieces.

It's CW, after all. Choose your side. :lol

My side is consistency, I collect bd figures and yeah, I know this is a "battling" version and not a "battle damaged" version BUT

the description states "In addition to the helmeted and newly painted un-helmeted head sculpt of Steve Rogers, the collectible figure also features a new Captain America suit with battle weathering effects

YET the reg version helmet has battle worn features and a clean shield, the battling version has a clean helmet and battle damaged shield?

I guess when they say suit, they don't include the helmet as part of the suit.

Last edited:
Back