1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I'm probably gonna pick up a shield from the regular version. The claw marks are cool, but too specific for my taste. It seems like an appropriate look to have a clean shield and a dirty Cap. It takes a lot to damage that shield (vibranium claws) meanwhile Cap's rolling around on the ground and wrestling folks.. :rotfl

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

It's all about the regular version for me! I considered ordering BV before it sold out but the extra face plate is more significant to me than the base. I have stealth strike Cap with Rogers but this will be my first regular cap and I think having him without the weathering is my preferred representation for this iconic character. The face plate though adds great personal value. Interestingly one of my favorite pieces is my DX07 and if I were forced to make a Solomon like decision between which Luke my 3 year old son was going to smash into pieces I would choose to save battle damaged Luke and sacrifice the clean one. Guess it all depends on one's take on the character. Of course my son knows that Daddy's Hot Toys are for looking at not touching and he would never put me in that position!

It's all about the regular version for me! I considered ordering BV before it sold out but the extra face plate is more significant to me than the base. I have stealth strike Cap with Rogers but this will be my first regular cap and I think having him without the weathering is my preferred representation for this iconic character. The face plate though adds great personal value. Interestingly one of my favorite pieces is my DX07 and if I were forced to make a Solomon like decision between which Luke my 3 year old son was going to smash into pieces I would choose to save battle damaged Luke and sacrifice the clean one. Guess it all depends on one's take on the character. Of course my son knows that Daddy's Hot Toys are for looking at not touching and he would never put me in that position!

D'oh hope I did not offend! I did not realize that I was in the Battling Version thread!!!! They are both great figures! :clap

I'm probably gonna pick up a shield from the regular version. The claw marks are cool, but too specific for my taste. It seems like an appropriate look to have a clean shield and a dirty Cap. It takes a lot to damage that shield (vibranium claws) meanwhile Cap's rolling around on the ground and wrestling folks.. :rotfl

This is a big reason why I tend not to like BD figures if I'm only going to have one representation of a character from a film, because they're too scene specific. If I'm going to have just one figure to represent the character for the whole film, I prefer a clean version as it shows what the suit is intended to look like in its purest form. Unless of course the character was pretty much BD for the entire film.

If I were going to just have one figure, I wouldn't have an interest in a "Battling Version" Superman from BvS for instance to represent his look when he was fighting Armored Batman, complete with the scar on his face from the Kryptonite spear. :lol

This is a big reason why I tend not to like BD figures if I'm only going to have one representation of a character from a film, because they're too scene specific. If I'm going to have just one figure to represent the character for the whole film, I prefer a clean version as it shows what the suit is intended to look like in its purest form. Unless of course the character was pretty much BD for the entire film.

If I were going to just have one figure, I wouldn't have an interest in a "Battling Version" Superman from BvS for instance to represent his look when he was fighting Armored Batman, complete with the scar on his face from the Kryptonite spear. :lol

I totally agree with you. Even the Terminator 2 Arnold (the most iconic of battle damaged characters) figure I bought/prefer was the first release clean version (but then I bought the 1/4 BD Terminator from Enterbay, which is awesome). As for Captain America, I don't consider this to be "Battle Damaged." There is no damage to his suit that makes it scene specific. It's only weathering to make it look more realistic (Like the tiny paint chips and flaws on a "clean" Iron Man figure compared to the heavily damaged versions). To me, the slightly darker and dirtier suit is what I see on film. It's like people who weathered their DX11 Jokers because it's just a better representation of how he looked throughout the whole movie. But, to each their own, which is why Hot Toys made two versions. :wink1:

I've always loved the heroic groups shots that Alex Ross is famous for, with the heroes standing tall and proud. That's how I try to pose my figures, which is why I prefer clean versions. It's also why I never go with dynamic poses.

JusticeLeague-AlexRoss-706881.jpg

So... when it says 'sold out' on SS listing page, then your wait-list conversion is pretty much toast?

Seeing as Cap uses the scratch shield for the majority of the film, I don't consider it to be scene specific.

Seeing as Cap uses the scratch shield for the majority of the film, I don't consider it to be scene specific.

Neither do I. Airport scene on he has the scratched shield. Plus I'm sure his suit had some wear in Lagos, in Bucharest, at the airport, as well as during the final battle...

I agree. I see the BV suit as more screen accurate(at least for the better fight scenes) than the regular Cap except for the Avengers logo on the shoulders.

Sold out. Wait lists cancelled.

Oh well..case closed. Money saved for next captain

Revisiting this statement, after watching CW again, I think the BV figure with the slightly weathered suit, the interchangeable face plate sculpt from the regular version, the clean shield from the regular version and the base from the regular version would actually make for the best/ideal CW Cap figure.

Revisiting this statement, after watching CW again, I think the BV figure with the slightly weathered suit, the interchangeable face plate sculpt from the regular version, the clean shield from the regular version and the base from the regular version would actually make for the best/ideal CW Cap figure.

For this, it'd probably be best/cheapest to buy the regular and customize the suit using the BV as a guide. The angry faceplate definitely fits the dirty uniform better. I just feel like something was lost in the neutral faceplate compared to the BV headsculpt, which is what ultimately knocked me off the fence between the two. I'd rather have one perfect headsculpt than two really good ones.

Is the suit on this one a lot better than the WS Stealth Suit? I was so disappointed with WS Cap that I sold that entire figure and only kept civvie Steve. My only suited Cap figure right now is the Avengers one, though, so I feel like I need to get at least one more... Just not sure which. And of course I could always hold out for an Infinity War Cap...

Is the suit on this one a lot better than the WS Stealth Suit? I was so disappointed with WS Cap that I sold that entire figure and only kept civvie Steve. My only suited Cap figure right now is the Avengers one, though, so I feel like I need to get at least one more... Just not sure which. And of course I could always hold out for an Infinity War Cap...

Congrats on the first post and :welcome1: :) Love the username and signature :lol

I can't say much about the figure because I haven't gotten mine yet but the suit looks a lot more detailed and the body shape of the figure is perfect in my opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with this Cap, it's the best yet
14138589_10153757738462344_843375701041952807_o.jpg

Thank you!!!!! :) My cat likes to sleep on my Captain America shield so I thought it was fitting.

Wow. He really does look amazing..... :panic:

That's the pose I had my AOU Cap in, just he was holding the Ultron Sentry head from the Mk 43. Go figure haha.

Back