1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

They are being movie accurate, Cap didn't use magnets in CW. If it's that big of a deal you can mod the figure.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

How did the dilemma with your BvS Supes go? Did you inquire about a replacement BvS Supes figure or just kept the one you have?

Hey thanks for asking. I contacted them and they told me I could return it for a full refund. In the mean time I had a friend order me one and it was actually worse then the first one I had so I just decided to keep mine haha. Did you end up keeping your supes?

Got mine in today. Man it's such a great figure. The proportions are perfect. And I love the suit. Here goes a couple of pictures image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpg

Hey thanks for asking. I contacted them and they told me I could return it for a full refund. In the mean time I had a friend order me one and it was actually worse then the first one I had so I just decided to keep mine haha. Did you end up keeping your supes?

That's cool. That's what I mean though about the risk of a replacement figure possibly having something worse than the one you currently have. Yeah, I kept mine, I was never contemplating returning him. My only quibble is a very small translucent foreign substance on his rear end. Doesn't bother me though because it's obviously covered by the cape and it sort of blends in with the suit if you look at it long enough. Other than that, he's perfect in my eyes. No blemishes in the paint, everything is symmetrical, I like the way the cape sits on his shoulders on mine in particular to others I've seen, etc. What was worse about the replacement one your friend ordered?

Cool Cap pics also. :duff

That's cool. That's what I mean though about the risk of a replacement figure possibly having something worse than the one you currently have. Yeah, I kept mine, I was never contemplating returning him. My only quibble is a very small translucent foreign substance on his rear end. Doesn't bother me though because it's obviously covered by the cape and it sort of blends in with the suit if you look at it long enough. Other than that, he's perfect in my eyes. No blemishes in the paint, everything is symmetrical, I like the way the cape sits on his shoulders on mine in particular to others I've seen, etc. What was worse about the replacement one your friend ordered?

Cool Cap pics also. :duff

Thanks! On Supes that my friend bought the body was extremely loose which made the suit loose. You know how the suit is pretty skin tight this one was really loose. Also there was a hole between the collar and the suit. So I said screw it, my cape with the little imperfection is good enough for me :wink1:

Thanks! On Supes that my friend bought the body was extremely loose which made the suit loose. You know how the suit is pretty skin tight this one was really loose. Also there was a hole between the collar and the suit. So I said screw it, my cape with the little imperfection is good enough for me :wink1:

There you go. Like I mentioned, it just depends on how major an imperfection is. With the way these are made, I truly don't believe any figure is going to be utterly perfect. Near perfect, yes, but I think if you study one long enough, you'll come across something that bothers you a bit, even if it's extremely minuscule. When it comes down to it, it's just a 12" figure. I can go through just about every one of my figures and point out something on it that I've noticed that I wish wasn't there. If it's something very minor, sometimes it's better to just live with it and take what you got and run, so to speak. If you get a replacement one that's brand new in box, you never know what you'll open it up to find. It could potentially be something worse than what you currently feel is "wrong" with the one you already have.

For the people that already have this figure, are any of the joints loose? I watched a couple of reviews and it looks like the body was loose on the ones i seen.

For the people that already have this figure, are any of the joints loose? I watched a couple of reviews and it looks like the body was loose on the ones i seen.

No loose joints on mine

Also very interested in seeing pics without the A logos. I'm kind of scared to do that to mine

Any shots of what the shoulders look like after^

Hoping to do the same just don't want any glue residue left behind.

Nothing too close up and it's not that glue gets,left behind, some blue on the suit can come with it. Easily remedied by a blue sharpie!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 288

Just got an email telling me my wait list just converted.

Just got an email telling me my wait list just converted.

You may the first who reported a conversion, pretty low rate, MUCH lower than usual. We'll see more in the coming days, curious how many, but congrats chewblacca, it really is a terrific figure, great for posing too.

Here goes a photo review of mine. Really loving it

They really should have went for a more damaged version, but this is hands down the best cap figure made. I'm sure the regular version will be great as well. They seem to have gotten better with the body proportions and tailoring for articulation.

8iqg6Uy.jpg

They are being movie accurate, Cap didn't use magnets in CW. If it's that big of a deal you can mod the figure.
Yeah not sure why so many people are complaining about this. If Hot Toys had done it with magnets people would complain that it wasn't accurate.

Yeah not sure why so many people are complaining about this. If Hot Toys had done it with magnets people would complain that it wasn't accurate.

:exactly:

The magnets on AoU Cap weren't some new technology that HT came out with as a more convenient way to attach the shield to the arm for all future Cap figures, it was merely meant to simulate the way his shield attached to his arm in the film. He doesn't use a magnetic shield in CW, therefore, no magnets.

I was surprised at how high quality the shield is in-hand. I used to own TFA and Avengers cap, and they seem like junk compared to this.

I was surprised at how high quality the shield is in-hand. I used to own TFA and Avengers cap, and they seem like junk compared to this.

OH yeah. From winter soldier version on the Shields have been awesome. I think the only real exception is that battle damaged avengers shield. Still looks pretty great IMO despite not being a snazzy metal version.

Back