1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Thursday for me too. Pretty stoked for my first Cap figure!!

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I got many figs this week but two of my favs:

image.jpeg

Thanks. Still working on Caps pose it's not as natural as I prefer.

Thanks. Still working on Caps pose it's not as natural as I prefer.
I'm glad you appreciate the nuance of natural poses. The finest tweak can make something look real as opposed to doll-like.

I suggest you add some forward tilt to the unmasked head in correspondence to the eye position; it makes a big difference with the realism of that Rogers sculpt, from my experience.

I'm glad you appreciate the nuance of natural poses. The finest tweak can make something look real as opposed to doll-like.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had six dollies arrive this week so neither are in their final poses but really enjoying them. In regards to posing, it's one of the criteria for purchasing. If I cannot get it into a natural stance (no museum, no dynamic) then I'll pass. I agree that the right pose takes these things to a different level.

Does anyone have both this and Avengers Cap? I'd like to see the red boots and gauntlets compared to the red on CW Cap.

Does anyone have both this and Avengers Cap? I'd like to see the red boots and gauntlets compared to the red on CW Cap.

The first avengers cap right? I have both. I'll see if I can find the A1 Cap and get some pics. But it may be in storage so it may take me some time.

The first avengers cap right? I have both. I'll see if I can find the A1 Cap and get some pics. But it may be in storage so it may take me some time.
Yeah, the A1 Cap. I combined the red boots and gauntlets with my AoU Cap, and if I decide to upgrade to the CW version I'd like to see how the red looks together. Whenever you get the chance is fine, thanks.

Ok cool. I'll look through the boxes I have at home tonight.

Mine came in today. Great looking figure, better articulation. It's a good stand alone piece. I'm still going to buy regular CW Cap to display with the rest of the CW figures and keep this separate in another room.

Mine came in today. Great looking figure, better articulation. It's a good stand alone piece. I'm still going to buy regular CW Cap to display with the rest of the CW figures and keep this separate in another room.
Looks magnificent Bjjer :clap Love this figure, so epic :woo Except the base :lol

Looks great. Still waiting for UPS. I hope it comes soon.

Looking good! Mine should be here tomorrow. Still trying to decide if I'm gunna remove the Avenger's logo on his shoulders.
I'm going to remove the logos on this one and keep them on my regular CW Cap.

Looks magnificent Bjjer :clap Love this figure, so epic :woo Except the base :lol
Thanks. The base feels good in hand and looks a little different from the standard bases so I like it.

Looks great, Bjjer. Congrats. For me personally, the base looking different from the standard CW bases is why I don't particularly prefer it. If possible, I prefer consistency. Also, even though they tend to look great for a visual display, I don't like how diorama bases essentially force you to pose the figure in a particular pose according to how the objects on the base are configured.

Looks great. Still waiting for UPS. I hope it comes soon.

How did the dilemma with your BvS Supes go? Did you inquire about a replacement BvS Supes figure or just kept the one you have?

A great figure overall but I'm really disappointed they went back to the straps on the shield :monkey4

Thanks. The base feels good in hand and looks a little different from the standard bases so I like it.

Different tastes I guess, it does look good but I prefer the standard bases :lol

Back