1/6 Hot Toys C-3PO (See-Threepio) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot has been said about 3P0 looking round, preggers, more high waisted...
I noticed Anthony Daniels is not as 'slim' as he once was in real life & probably
it shows when he is wearing the suit this present day. Probably (just maybe) Hot Toys is 'that' accurate! LOL!!

A lot has been said about 3P0 looking round, preggers, more high waisted...
I noticed Anthony Daniels is not as 'slim' as he once was in real life & probably
it shows when he is wearing the suit this present day. Probably (just maybe) Hot Toys is 'that' accurate! LOL!!

In some ways the slight chubbiness is a homage to the passage of time - like a grey-bearded Luke and old Han. Even the men behind the suits got old.

My excitement for these outweighs the angry feeling of having been ripped off for buying wrongthumbs Threepio and seamhead R2. I'm in. Especially if they do a two-pack.

After getting my Threepio and seeing the thumb debacle in hand I promised I would never buy another Sideshow Star Wars sixth scale figure again. I've been tempted since, but now, there will be no temptation ever again. HT all the way.

there will be no temptation ever again. HT all the way.

130m7w.jpg

Glad I waited, I knew HT was going to cash these in eventually. Wasn't expecting it to be this soon though, needed more time for my wallet to recover.

I'm fairly new to the Hot Toys collecting game. I've been contemplating about whether or not I should wait until this version is released or just get the Tamashii version as soon as I can. I would appreciate a more experienced opinion on which is the better option. Thanks.

I'm fairly new to the Hot Toys collecting game. I've been contemplating about whether or not I should wait until this version is released or just get the Tamashii version as soon as I can. I would appreciate a more experienced opinion on which is the better option. Thanks.

If price is no concern or you can find a deal then get the Tamashii, it is remarkable still. But if you want the TFA version of 3p0 & don't mind waiting maybe a year or so then wait for HT to release this version. I have the Tama & don't want the red arm or slightly chunkier 3p0 myself. Plus I have my doubts about HT improving on the Tama for their OT 3p0 significantly enough to need to upgrade. And welcome to the forum!

If price is no concern or you can find a deal then get the Tamashii, it is remarkable still. But if you want the TFA version of 3p0 & don't mind waiting maybe a year or so then wait for HT to release this version. I have the Tama & don't want the red arm or slightly chunkier 3p0 myself. Plus I have my doubts about HT improving on the Tama for their OT 3p0 significantly enough to need to upgrade. And welcome to the forum!

In all honesty, I would prefer a less chunky original trilogy version. Judging by the pics of the Episode VII figure, I think one way hot toys could improve upon Tamashii by making the plating look more worn. Based on what you said, I would I'd probably go with Tamashii if it wasn't for R2-D2. Do you think he would be a situation like BB-8 where you have to get the two pack? the Tamashii R2 looks like it's never coming out at this point. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I'm glad I never bought the sideshow's 'weird thumbs' version of C-3PO. Hopefully Hot Toys puts this up for order soon.

Back