1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a chance to futz with him more last night.
I havent had a chance to really mess with him cause I had a busy weekend.
Whew, I see now what a lot of reviewers are saying on youtube, armored bats is not pose friendly.
Tried to do some dynamic poses and it feels like he's gonna snap something.
This is one of those figures where you have quite a bit of nitpics...but you kinda throw them out the window
cause he's cool looking. :lol

Really love the detail on the gun, shiny and very metallic looking.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived and there is a $20 off code sticker on the box and it expires today?! haha

Got mine! Loving the Black Chromey wet look! :yess:
HTArmoredBTMN_02.JPG
HTArmoredBTMN_03.JPG
HTArmoredBTMN_01.JPG

Holy Crap these are awesome!!! I honestly thought they were pics from the movie (especially the bottom one). Mine is being delivered tomorrow but I've been given explicit instructions from my wife that I'm not to even open the shipper box......... :( and I have to wait till Christmas morning before I can open it....... After seeing the last few pics from you guys I don't know if can wait that long!! Extremely excited for this figure!! :panic:

OK so like I said, I wasn't satisfied enough with this Black Chrome guy, so I had to order the regular version, was lucky enough to find an ebay auction for the same price charged by Sideshow, and got it yesterday. Damn putting those batteries AGAIN in the head is a pain in the ass.

So...

After much comparison between both versions... I dig the regular version better, no doubt. It's really the way to go if some hesitate between both like I did.

Though the regular version doesn't look dark enough when exposed with too much natural light in the room. With artificial light, it looks perfect, great dark grey, but in natural light depending if you go all out on the light, it looks light grey, which kinda makes it look like a cheap toy, I wish it was more dark grey with natural light. While the Black Chrome version suffers the opposite problem, it looks ass with artificial light, and beyond awesome with natural light.

Truth be told, both are fantastic figures, but each one needs its own lighting environment to look perfect.

In my case, given the configuration of my home, the regular version is better because I don't have enough natural light coming through, except in the living room but I really don't want to leave a Hot Toys figure in there... if I had more natural light, the Black Chrome would definitely be the killer version.

One thing I like better on one version over the other is that the Regular version looks heavier because of the greyish tone on the armor. You'd think it's made out of real steel or metal. Of course it's as light as the BC when you lift both, it's just the look of the painting that cheats your brain.

Both figures have the exact same sculpts, the only differences lie in the color scheme. And again, I prefer the regular because the cape is black and it offers a nice subtelty with the armor's color.

Out of all the Batman V Superman set, the armored regular version is definitely my favorite figure. I like the standard Affleck Batman a lot, it's perfect in its own rights, but he looks a bit ridiculous when you put him next to those armored figures. As for the Knightmare version, I felt it had the potential to be the greatest from the set, but the coat feels cheap, it lacks weathering, and it falls flat on the shoulders, that's my huge disappointment on that one.. But great figure nonetheless.

So, Batman Armored reg version and Deadpool are definitely the 2016 winners for me, best figures from Hot Toys this year imo.

I can't recommend the BC over the regular, I feel the regular has the upper hand by a distance, but BC is definitely a nice bonus figure, especially if you have a lot of natural light in your home.

I'm considering to sell mine (obviously for a bit less than Sideshow charged me as I unboxed it), but I will have to give it a bit more thought.

OK so like I said, I wasn't satisfied enough with this Black Chrome guy, so I had to order the regular version, was lucky enough to find an ebay auction for the same price charged by Sideshow, and got it yesterday. Damn putting those batteries AGAIN in the head is a pain in the ass.

So...

After much comparison between both versions... I dig the regular version better, no doubt. It's really the way to go if some hesitate between both like I did.

Though the regular version doesn't look dark enough when exposed with too much natural light in the room. With artificial light, it looks perfect, great dark grey, but in natural light depending if you go all out on the light, it looks light grey, which kinda makes it look like a cheap toy, I wish it was more dark grey with natural light. While the Black Chrome version suffers the opposite problem, it looks ass with artificial light, and beyond awesome with natural light.

Truth be told, both are fantastic figures, but each one needs its own lighting environment to look perfect.

In my case, given the configuration of my home, the regular version is better because I don't have enough natural light coming through, except in the living room but I really don't want to leave a Hot Toys figure in there... if I had more natural light, the Black Chrome would definitely be the killer version.

One thing I like better on one version over the other is that the Regular version looks heavier because of the greyish tone on the armor. You'd think it's made out of real steel or metal. Of course it's as light as the BC when you lift both, it's just the look of the painting that cheats your brain.

Both figures have the exact same sculpts, the only differences lie in the color scheme. And again, I prefer the regular because the cape is black and it offers a nice subtelty with the armor's color.

Out of all the Batman V Superman set, the armored regular version is definitely my favorite figure. I like the standard Affleck Batman a lot, it's perfect in its own rights, but he looks a bit ridiculous when you put him next to those armored figures. As for the Knightmare version, I felt it had the potential to be the greatest from the set, but the coat feels cheap, it lacks weathering, and it falls flat on the shoulders, that's my huge disappointment on that one.. But great figure nonetheless.

So, Batman Armored reg version and Deadpool are definitely the 2016 winners for me, best figures from Hot Toys this year imo.

I can't recommend the BC over the regular, I feel the regular has the upper hand by a distance, but BC is definitely a nice bonus figure, especially if you have a lot of natural light in your home.

I'm considering to sell mine (obviously for a bit less than Sideshow charged me as I unboxed it), but I will have to give it a bit more thought.

Some that also have both versions have preferred this BC version, just down to personal taste. The consistent opinion seems to be what you said about this looking better in daylight and the regular in artificial light. That worries me a little. Might have to switch mine for the regular version when it finally gets here. Wish i'd just pre-ordered both now.

Some that also have both versions have preferred this BC version, just down to personal taste. The consistent opinion seems to be what you said about this looking better in daylight and the regular in artificial light. That worries me a little. Might have to switch mine for the regular version when it finally gets here. Wish i'd just pre-ordered both now.

Sure it's just my personal opinion mate and you'll get a great figure no matter what. The Black Chrome version is the superior version with natural light so that's something.
Thing is the promo pics of the BC version really sold me the figure, but what you get isn't quite what was advertised, and most of the time in my home I have artificial light and not much natural light coming through in daytime. I had hesitated a lot between BC and Regular, wasn't planning on getting both. Had I known, I would just have bought the regular.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell my BC now, do some people here trade figures? I'd rather trade it than sell it.

This thing is picky on lighting. I have 3 detolfs, two outside my bedroom in the hallway, and one in my bedroom.
Right now, the BC is displayed in the detolf in the hallway. The lighting there is kinda dark cause you get a little lighting
from the living room and kitchen. In that detolf, like the pics I posted, he's not pitch black, but more dark charcoal black.

Last night, I decided to see what it looks like if I switch places with my Regular suit batman that's in my bedroom.
My bedroom is darker cause most of the time, I just have mood lighting to light up the room. Now the BC looks pitch black!
Both detolfs are lighted with the same LED lighting. But just switching it to another room made a big difference.
I prefer the lighting in the hallway so I put him back there.

Not only is this my first Batman figure but also first DC related figure. Straight out the box the head was detached (is this normal for this figure?) the neck peg was in the head. I removed it and tried placing it in the neck socket, SO difficult. I spent a good 20 minute trying to do so, for it to come back out when the head was removed again. I feel the head would easily come off when posing. Overall the figure is a TANK! Great presence in the collection. Now I need regular Batman.

Few shots I took earlier

1479391256614.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

=/ Not the sharpest photos. I need to invest in a decent camera but have no idea where to start.

I'm torn between the two. The standard one is iconic, straight out of Dark Knight Returns but the BC version looks better to me. Looks more like a Batman armor. The black to me looks better than the very light gray of the standard.

Really just comes down to personal taste. Whether it be simply in the form of which one you find more aesthetically pleasing or if you prefer screen accuracy. For me it was the latter, so it was an easy decision.

Both are great looking figures though.

I'm torn between the two. The standard one is iconic, straight out of Dark Knight Returns but the BC version looks better to me. Looks more like a Batman armor. The black to me looks better than the very light gray of the standard.

I felt the same way, but in the end just went for the regular armoured version. Since recieving it yesterday from FP, I just cant take my eyes off it! The gun metal looks awesome..pics do not do it justice!:)

Really just comes down to personal taste. Whether it be simply in the form of which one you find more aesthetically pleasing or if you prefer screen accuracy. For me it was the latter, so it was an easy decision.

Both are great looking figures though.

I dunno, it seems as much about lighting as taste now. I prefer the BC look in all the great pics posted in the last few pages here but if I can't get that same look with my lighting it won't matter.

Obviously I can't make such a decision without getting my figure in hand but if I can't live with how artifical light looks on him i'll switch it for the regular.

I dunno, it seems as much about lighting as taste now. I prefer the BC look in all the great pics posted in the last few pages here but if I can't get that same look with my lighting it won't matter.

Obviously I can't make such a decision without getting my figure in hand but if I can't live with how artifical light looks on him i'll switch it for the regular.

Redacted statement: "Whether it be simply in the form of which one you find more aesthetically pleasing in certain lighting or if you prefer screen accuracy." :lol

Back