1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about it.
You know, I was hoping that once I have this, I would say to myself, yup...I made the right call.
Honestly, I'm still curious if the regular might have been the better choice for me.

It doesnt help that when I explained to my gf that I was sooo torn on which version to get, so I showed her pics of the regular version,
she said she likes the regular vesion better. :thud:

I know ultimately, the decision is mine. But that didnt help. :lol

It's the only way you'll know for certain. :lol

As I've mentioned before, despite them both being nice looking figures, what made it an easy choice for me personally is the fact that the regular one is the actual one that was worn.

It's the only way you'll know for certain. :lol

As I've mentioned before, despite them both being nice looking figures, what made it an easy choice for me personally is the fact that the regular one is the actual one that was worn.

The screen accuracy thing doesn't bother me, its just simply which one I prefer on my shelf. I thought that would be the BC but if the regular looks better under brighter light that might be the one for me after all. Only way to know for sure is to have them both in hand of course. If I can pick up the regular at close to retail I might just do that and then sell the one I like least.

Mine came today. He's very cool but I think I would have preferred him to be chrome and no white and blue detailed in the armor. I'm trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it or return it to sideshow. Either way I love the armored design although the color of the light up eyes is also wrong.

I'm replacing the dioder strips with 2 strips of daylight white LED's on each detolf shelf. The other figures I have look great with that level of brightness when I've tested it but I'm thinking this guy won't fare so well. Adding a dimmer could be a good way of controlling how much light he gets.

I don't mind giving him his own shelf outside the cabinet though if that's where he looks best, its a great stand alone figure by the looks of it. Enjoying those last pics you posted, looks very close to the rooftop scenes in the dark.

Your whole display is awesome :clap did you create those backgrounds yourself or buy them someplace?

Thanks for the compliment.
The interrogation room was a diorama foam I bought on ebay.
The rest were high resolution images I printed.

Last edited:
2367b003154a8cce71ba4cc934988f08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The anticipation is killing me. I need this like yesterday. Still have two days to wait. Ugh. Hate when am item ships on a Friday.

2 more shots under different lighting.

View attachment 304650
View attachment 304651

I was really nervous that I had made the wrong decision on which version to get of this figure until I saw your photos! Thanks for posting them! I loved the prototype photos and thought the "Black Chrome" just looked slick and more like Batman IMO. But once I started seeing photos with flash I thought it looked extremely cheap and the grey suit with the black armor looked really bad. Your photos have definitely restored my excitement for Christmas morning!

I was really nervous that I had made the wrong decision on which version to get of this figure until I saw your photos! Thanks for posting them! I loved the prototype photos and thought the "Black Chrome" just looked slick and more like Batman IMO. But once I started seeing photos with flash I thought it looked extremely cheap and the grey suit with the black armor looked really bad. Your photos have definitely restored my excitement for Christmas morning!

I'm glad my pictures put you at ease about choosing this figure. I was a bit worried myself, but now I'm happy I chose the black chrome edition ����

Awesome pics man!
Like I said yesterday. This figure seems to look its best outside the detolf with room lighting.
Its kinda like a shiny car in an autoshow, when you have lights hitting it all over, its breathtaking.

Thanks! I noticed natural light or room light captures the true in hand look of the figure... stay away from the flash :)

Thanks! I noticed natural light or room light captures the true in hand look of the figure... stay away from the flash :)

Yes, that's the weird thing about this figure. Usually, every single figure I've owned shines once you put him in the detolf, and with the LED lighting.
Brings out the details in the sculpt, and looks something out of a museum.

This figure though is the opposite, it still looks great with the LED in the detolf, but it is at its best with Room Lighting. When you have all these lights boucing off the armor, It looks amazing!
And yes, flash is a no-no...Flash is bad. :lol

Back