1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When HT get round to the solo movie version I wonder if they could get away with a more regular plastic body and exposed joints? Good articulation for those that want to recreate some really dynamic poses. Anyone hating those joints can always put the cloak on her for a seamless look. Not exactly best of both worlds but could be a decent compromise.

Hmmm....these reviews are starting to make me a bit nervous. Glad I've got a couple of months to pay her off at sideshow. I'm hoping at SDCC we'll see either the solo version or justice league version. If they're significantly better/different, I may cancel this one. If not, I'll stay the course.

Didn't I Am Toys say the crotch grabber won't work because of the skirt in his review? The C clamp will probably leave marks on the armour. Maybe the less agressive waist grabber that Marty came with would be best.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use a crotch grabber, that is why they provided the hip hugger instead. You could definitely damage the skirt portion of her armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I do recall that in his review and already took that into consideration. The skirt would obviously be problematic for the crotch grabber to go all the way up, so to be more specific, I was thinking if you could have it more sitting in between her thighs, or would that potentially damage the legs at all? I have the Babydoll figure from Sucker Punch and despite her having a skirt as well, she came with a crotch grabber and it basically just rests in between the figure's thighs. She has seamless legs as well and it has caused no damage, but I'm not sure if they perhaps use different bodies and it would be riskier with WW.

And yes, the waist grabber to use as an alternative is the generic waist grabber, such as what came with Marty. In fact, that's the spare waist grabber I have and would use for this because I used a crotch grabber with him. :lol

No I do recall that in his review and already took that into consideration. The skirt would obviously be problematic for the crotch grabber to go all the way up, so to be more specific, I was thinking if you could have it more sitting in between her thighs, or would that potentially damage the legs at all? I have the Babydoll figure from Sucker Punch and despite her having a skirt as well, she came with a crotch grabber and it basically just rests in between the figure's thighs. She has seamless legs as well and it has caused no damage, but I'm not sure if they perhaps use different bodies and it would be riskier with WW.

And yes, the waist grabber to use as an alternative is the generic waist grabber, such as what came with Marty. In fact, that's the spare waist grabber I have and would use for this because I used a crotch grabber with him. :lol

As long as you're cognizant about what you're doing, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just try to avoid significant pressure on the inside of the legs. Haha! That doesn't sound right, however you understand what I mean. Like many of us, I'm sure you'll know what you're doing.

As long as you're cognizant about what you're doing, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just try to avoid significant pressure on the inside of the legs. Haha! That doesn't sound right, however you understand what I mean. Like many of us, I'm sure you'll know what you're doing.

I knew what you meant. :lol

I'll just experiment with both.

Didn't get to watch Dean's full vid, but I did catch his few short ones. She looks great in those and even better in I Am Toys' review.

All in all I think it's a fkin' killer piece. Sculpt isn't bang on, but leaps better than the original proto. REALLY, really happy with what I'm seeing so far.

I am however worried about how much the body could take because I was hoping to be able to pose her in something a little more interesting than a museum pose (nothing extreme). I guess we'll see what the reviews, experiences and reports are over the next couple weeks.

Yes, the reviews that I have seen are all cautionary tales. I am still getting it but It looks like a museum pose figure with a possibility of degradation in the future if it takes damage immediately on long, articulated poses. I have several phicen figures to try and make a separate, newer custom but they are not as tall as that figure and the neck shape doesn't match that head. it certainly poses a problem.

Didn't get to watch Dean's full vid, but I did catch his few short ones. She looks great in those and even better in I Am Toys' review.

All in all I think it's a fkin' killer piece. Sculpt isn't bang on, but leaps better than the original proto. REALLY, really happy with what I'm seeing so far.

I am however worried about how much the body could take because I was hoping to be able to pose her in something a little more interesting than a museum pose (nothing extreme). I guess we'll see what the reviews, experiences and reports are over the next couple weeks.

:exactly:

The lack of articulation due to potential damage to the body doesn't really bother me because even from day one, I felt this to be a suitable pose:

27828683163_795cee3a16_b.jpg

Can't really get safer than that to me, while still being an acceptable pose.

Preordered even though I thought the first pics didn't look like Gal, because it's Wonder Woman, the only DC comic I collected as a kid. Glad they reworked the face as it looks a lot more like Gal. Is it perfect? No, but it's still pretty good and the most accurate right now. Face maybe a little more oval, jaw not so flat, maybe a furrowed brow :)
COMP2.jpg

The lack of articulation due to potential damage to the body doesn't really bother me because even from day one, I felt this to be a suitable pose:

27828683163_795cee3a16_b.jpg

Is not like we have a choice. :lol

Yes, the reviews that I have seen are all cautionary tales. I am still getting it but It looks like a museum pose figure with a possibility of degradation in the future if it takes damage immediately on long, articulated poses. I have several phicen figures to try and make a separate, newer custom but they are not as tall as that figure and the neck shape doesn't match that head. it certainly poses a problem.

Uggghhhh. Not stopping me from buying this, but still.

I could've sworn I heard something about this new body was supposed to be more durable. Like a different material or something. Did I misunderstand?

I was hoping for a little more aggressive than that, but that may be it.

Preordered even though I thought the first pics didn't look like Gal, because it's Wonder Woman, the only DC comic I collected as a kid. Glad they reworked the face as it looks a lot more like Gal. Is it perfect? No, but it's still pretty good and the most accurate right now. Face maybe a little more oval, jaw not so flat, maybe a furrowed brow :)
View attachment 351190

That side by side is actually a good example of how much better this new sculpt is. Not fantastic, but WAYYY closer to the mark than the original.

And see, the teeth are dead on! They're not her upper, they're her lower! Problem solved!! :lol

Ahhh, I can't stand the wait! I just want her right now. She's going to look so great towering over all my other female figures, lol.

Is not like we have a choice. :lol

Even with a choice, that's probably more less how I would have posed it any way. Wanted to bend the knees a bit to have her slightly crouched in her Trinity battle ready pose, but the pic I posted is essentially that without the crouch. Good enough for me.

I already know the pose I'm going to put her in will be safe; what I'm worried about is putting her accessories on her safely. :lol

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. It's hard to detect when typed, my fault.

I think the figure is great. I'm going to find a pose that doesn't crease and leave it that way. If you cross her arms or have her leaping, just keep her in that pose and it'll be ok.

So you do in fact think it looks like Gal?

I was watching the comedy Keeping Up With The Joneses earlier this week and noticed Gal Gadot has some really expressive eyebrows.

The new head sculpt does a better job of emphasizing the eyebrows.

Yeah it does.

Preordered even though I thought the first pics didn't look like Gal, because it's Wonder Woman, the only DC comic I collected as a kid. Glad they reworked the face as it looks a lot more like Gal. Is it perfect? No, but it's still pretty good and the most accurate right now.
View attachment 351190

I can see some resemblance in that pic.

Face maybe a little more oval, jaw not so flat, maybe a furrowed brow :)

This sculpt is based on how she looked in BVS, where here jawline was more defined.

WWbvs.jpg

As you can tell by that comparison pic u posted her face is more puffy in WW than in the one I posted, which is why the jawline looks more flat or smooth and why her face shape looks a bit more round/oval. Thus, I believe they got the jaw shape correct on the WW BVS sculpt.

That side by side is actually a good example of how much better this new sculpt is. Not fantastic, but WAYYY closer to the mark than the original.

Agreed, I didn't see any likeness at all on the original sculpt.

And see, the teeth are dead on! They're not her upper, they're her lower! Problem solved!! :lol

The teeth are not dead on, the two front teeth look weird and cartoony like as they appear too large. There doesn't appear to be a noticeable separation between the teeth, like Dean says in his review looks like one large bunny tooth. However, the good news they seem to sit far back, so with the right lighting and angle you should be able to hide them.

Last edited:
I think they should give the solo movie figure sculpted hair for the people who want that, and then give the Justice League version a normal jointed body for the people who don't need seamless. It makes everyone happy and gives people more reason to buy since it's not all the same figure.

I don't think we're gonna get a solo movie version, aside from the training version that is . She's like Drax: they took so long to release her that this release counts for two movies.

I don't think we're gonna get a solo movie version, aside from the training version that is . She's like Drax: they took so long to release her that this release counts for two movies.

This is what I'm worried about. But I'm hoping that HT sees that there's very much a market for the solo film's hero costume, and that she's a pretty bankable character with broad appeal... unlike Drax.

This sculpt is based on how she looked in BVS, where here jawline was more defined.

View attachment 351199

As you can tell by that comparison pic u posted her face is more puffy in WW than in the one I posted, which is why the jawline looks more flat or smooth and why her face shape looks a bit more round/oval. Thus, I believe they got the jaw shape correct on the WW BVS sculpt.

Except the screen shot I used was from BVS :)

"It's our sacred duty to defend the world, and that's what I'm going to do." [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
Instagram.com/I_am_toys
98d67c39fb271040d3fd383fcda6b654.jpg

Back