1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the figure. I misspeak towards the end of the video when talking about extending the leg 90 degrees, I mean "bend" 90 degrees. Who knows where the hell else I misspoke. It's been a long day. Lol.

:yess: She looks glorious in that still there! Gonna watch now.
Epic trinity pose.

Love the figure. I misspeak towards the end of the video when talking about extending the leg 90 degrees, I mean "bend" 90 degrees. Who knows where the hell else I misspoke. It's been a long day. Lol.

Tell it like it is man :lol

Love your stuff :clap

And queue the Wonder Woman theme music. [emoji91]
19a8f94a0fc68cd644e7bd885bc7e906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, she looks like spent the day at the beach...so tan

So the Asian scalpers got word of SSC delay and up the prices. But ridiculous thing these aren't even in stock auctions. These are freakin preorders for $500-600

One Japan Ebayer has her at $675 w/o shipping :horror

I thought she got damaged within 30 minutes of being in a cross armed pose? That doesn't sound like we can pose the hell out of her. I usually change the pose on my figures every few weeks, a lot of the time more museum poses but sometimes I put them in action poses for days or weeks. So far no damage.

With this figure it sounds like its more a case of put her in an action pose for a couple of minutes, take pics as quick as you can and breathe a big sigh of relief if you get her back to neutral with no damage. Including those extra gauntlets seems a waste of time, I won't be risking that pose even very briefly.

I don't blame Hot Toys for this situation. It just seems to be the limitations of the manufacturing right now. Phicens and all seamless bodies like the Tyson figure crack and damage eventually if they aren't kept in a museum pose. Lots of collectors here say they'd be happy with a plastic body and exposed joints but just as many appear to hate that idea. Look at the fuss caused by Harley's knees. They literally can't win here.

I agree with SilverStar17 in seeing Hot Toys as almost a bridge between statues and regular action figures. As good to look at as best statues and some poseability. The flip side of course is sometimes we have to accept some exposed joints, writs, neck etc and while offering articulation they won't match the cheaper action figures on that front. Even the most articulated HT's, you still have to work within the limitations of the suit or clothing around them.

Based on what I've heard and seen so far she's probably similar to the Armoured Batman and the Keaton figures. I'll be happy to just put her in a museum pose looking awesome flanked by Bats and Supes. :) Hopefully a material can be developed down the line that doesn't crack or deteriorate so quickly.

Crack is whack

I think people are reading into this too much..I'm seeing people are believing you can't pose this figure at all :horror

That's not the case and no reviewer is saying this..you can pose the hell out of her, just be careful and don't keep her in one extreme pose for a long time. I think if we change the pose constantly at a time or put her in a simple pose it should be alright in the duration.

If this figure was meant to be 100% untouched and treated like a statue then I seriously doubt bloggers would put her in such extreme poses :lecture

I think a lot of the collectors need to step back and see that HT did design this to be a figure not a statue. However it's needs extra attention :lecture

Ok, then, I am going to pose the hell out of my figure. It's on you if it gets f@cked up...it's all on you

So the Asian scalpers got word of SSC delay and up the prices. But ridiculous thing these aren't even in stock auctions. These are freakin preorders for $500-600

One Japan Ebayer has her at $675 w/o shipping :horror

:horror Surely no one is gonna pay $675. Even $400 is ridiculous.

:horror Surely no one is gonna pay $675. Even $400 is ridiculous.
you'd be surprised what ppl pay in this hobby :lol
Why do Japanese Hot Toys sellers on Ebay charge such high prices in general though?

b/c they can right now... Supply<Demand. right now is the panic of potentially missing out and/or the "I must have it now" feeling going through a lot of ppl and eBay scalpers know that and feed off it. it's that simple

Once other retailers start getting this in you'll see most of those prices go down though some will hold their guns to that price

And queue the Wonder Woman theme music. [emoji91]
19a8f94a0fc68cd644e7bd885bc7e906.jpg

Can I ask where you got your base for Superman from? I've been wanting to get one that would take all three once I have WW in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can I ask where you got your base for Superman from? I've been wanting to get one that would take all three once I have WW in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's the base from the Mark 46 Iron Man, which is also a re-use of the older Evil Reeves Superman base too. I thank it's been reused a few more times than that as well. Lol.

Beautiful! :clap Thanks for sharing bud. Can't wait to get this in hand.

you'd be surprised what ppl pay in this hobby :lol

b/c they can right now... Supply<Demand. right now is the panic of potentially missing out and/or the "I must have it now" feeling going through a lot of ppl and eBay scalpers know that and feed off it. it's that simple

Once other retailers start getting this in you'll see most of those prices go down though some will hold their guns to that price

yep i have seen new figures sell for $800-$900. not even a buy now but bidding up to that price :slap

It's the base from the Mark 46 Iron Man, which is also a re-use of the older Evil Reeves Superman base too. I thank it's been reused a few more times than that as well. Lol.

Hey since you have it in hand and scoped out the shoulder harness. Do you know how these bloggers were able to get her sword on the opposite side of her shoulder

Without it falling off and how do you fit her shield on her back :dunno

Ex:

Hey since you have it in hand and scoped out the shoulder harness. Do you know how these bloggers were able to get her sword on the opposite side of her shoulder

Without it falling off and how do you fit her shield on her back :dunno

Ex:

Haven't tried yet, but will definitely check and get back to you.

Great discussion here guys..
But end of the day, Hot Toys is a profit making company...

They have clearly mentioned that she comes with 17 points of articulation.. I believe the rubber body that they introduced, it's a new way to provide a more accurate depiction of the character.

Back to the analogy of buying a car. In an ideal world, we want a nice cool looking car with high power but low fuel consumption. The reality is, this will not happen until we are technologically able to do so.

To summarize, it's up to you, to buy or not to buy.
HotToys will say, 'Hey, we release a rubber figure and everyone is still buying, good, let's continue making.'

HotToys will only look at the demand on the figure, noises about the figure is 2ndary, until it's impacting the actual demand.

Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I am worried that the figure will crack after a couple of years. Sad, but that's the fact.
But that will be a later story, now I want this figure.
Maybe down the road I can earn more to get another one..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Good review I am Toys! I think she looks great, maybe not spot on but I can Gal Gadot when watching the videos. Also your videos have been a good source to help me decide on whether to buy a figure or not. I hadn't even given the Deadshot figure a second thought til I watched your review. So thanks !

Back