1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i pre ordered the bvs version for 280€ but that was way before the new sculpt/update.
so now i'm waiting for more pictures of the updated version or early video reviews. it would be great if it turns out great
but if its just okayish i will cancel the order.
i have no problem with waiting for a WW cloak or JL battle damage version or whatever.
and if i dont like any of them, i saved at least 300€.
the irritating thing about that, is that you have to pre order pretty much every version
otherwise all of them will be sold out if you wait until the final release date.

i pre ordered the bvs version for 280€ but that was way before the new sculpt/update.
so now i'm waiting for more pictures of the updated version or early video reviews. it would be great if it turns out great
but if its just okayish i will cancel the order.
i have no problem with waiting for a WW cloak or JL battle damage version or whatever.
and if i dont like any of them, i saved at least 300€.
the irritating thing about that, is that you have to pre order pretty much every version
otherwise all of them will be sold out if you wait until the final release date.

As long as you keep all the packaging and the figure in mint condition it will be very easy to sell at a later date. Sell this a couple of months before the solo movie version releases and you'll lose very little if any money. The next version is always likely to be better in some way, same with cars, tech or anything else really.

I'd rather have this figure a while and then upgrade if I feel the need than have no WW figure for the next 18 months...but then I'm quite impatient. :lol

I know many people like to have the best version, but if a figure belongs to a set of figures that I already have assembled, I tend more to go for completing that set. As I mentioned before, if the potential solo fiilm regular version boasts a better sculpt, then I'll just simply pick that one up parted out and stick it on this figure.

OSR updated, Harley is next, followed by Wonder Woman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

"I hope they revise the sculpt"-board sentiment after prototype shown.
"I preferred the original sculpt"-board sentiment after figure is revised
"Some men you just can't reach, so you get what you have here last week, which is the way they want. Well they get!"-cool hand luke

I don't know how you can sell your figures ... I can't do this, it's sentimental, I love my figures !

If a new Regular Wonder Woman comes out, well I would buy it too, I would then have 3 or 4 Hot Toys Wonder Woman, but it doesn't matter ... Selling a figure that I waited so long, just because a beautiful one is announce... Brrrrr, I just can't imagine this situation.

Especially in France, to preorder, we must do it in the week of the announcement, because otherwise, sold out !!!!

And I think, Wonder Woman will be my first figure where I'm going to get two or more version.

how is the weather right now in hong kong ?

last time i checked it was rain and wind for the full week

how is the weather right now in hong kong ?

last time i checked it was rain and wind for the full week

dgdfgdfgd.jpg

I don't know how you can sell your figures ... I can't do this, it's sentimental, I love my figures !

If a new Regular Wonder Woman comes out, well I would buy it too, I would then have 3 or 4 Hot Toys Wonder Woman, but it doesn't matter ... Selling a figure that I waited so long, just because a beautiful one is announce... Brrrrr, I just can't imagine this situation.

Especially in France, to preorder, we must do it in the week of the announcement, because otherwise, sold out !!!!

And I think, Wonder Woman will be my first figure where I'm going to get two or more version.

I can sell my figures because I do not have the kind of money available to me to constantly acquire new Hot Toys. At £200 a go I certainly can't own multiple wonder woman figures.

I have kids and bills to pay and these are an unnecessary luxury at the end of the day. So, I'm forced to have a managed collection of figures so that we can keep the house!!!

If a better version of wonder woman became available it would seem sensible to upgrade and fund that upgrade by selling the previous version.

If I had to choose, it's the themyscira version I like best, but that's at least a year away. So for now I'm getting bvs wonder woman (funded by me selling a battlefront stormtrooper.....sadly). Then will see how I feel next year.

I can sell my figures because I do not have the kind of money available to me to constantly acquire new Hot Toys. At £200 a go I certainly can't own multiple wonder woman figures.

I have kids and bills to pay and these are an unnecessary luxury at the end of the day. So, I'm forced to have a managed collection of figures so that we can keep the house!!!

If a better version of wonder woman became available it would seem sensible to upgrade and fund that upgrade by selling the previous version.

If I had to choose, it's the themyscira version I like best, but that's at least a year away. So for now I'm getting bvs wonder woman (funded by me selling a battlefront stormtrooper.....sadly). Then will see how I feel next year.

I don't have the money too. I buy 1 or 2 Hot Toys with my money by year, and I get 1 Hot Toys for Christmas / my Birthday (all of my family participate)

So I select my figure, but I just can't imagine sell my figure, I don't have kids and I don't win a lot of money with my job, it's hard to get everything when a single figure cost 300€, but I just can't imagine sell my Captain America or my Sandtrooper to buy an other figure !!!

If they are pretty much definitive versions (such as the sandtrooper who I also have), I wouldn't sell either.

But, if they release an improved version, why not upgrade.

I feel the same. Selling is never nice but I can't afford multiple versions of the same figure. I only need one regular version of each of the JL members once this DCEU has run it's course. Batman I'll very likely stay with the BvS version as I love that suit so much, the JL version is a big downgrade in my eyes. Superman and WW I may buy and sell a few times to get my favourite version of those.

So what are the chances that we get a version of costumed Wonder Woman from her own movie? I was not a fan of BVS (though WW was the best few minutes of that film) but Wonder Woman's solo movie is now one of my all time favorite Superhero movies. Gal Gadot is to Wonder Woman to me now like Christopher Reeves is to Superman (and I have the HT figure) and now I want a Wonder Woman Hot Toys figure. While I like the look and design of Superman and Batman in the new DC movies I wasn't a fan of Man of Steel and thought BvS was awful (IMO), so I just couldn't justify paying so much for a representation of those characters on my self. Perhaps Justice League will redeem it and I'll pick up those versions of the characters after that movie; we'll see. Anyway, I would prefer Wonder Woman from the film I love even though the most notable differences would be a different stand, an added cloak and a different sword and shield. I'm just not sure if I should wait and chance it or just go for the BvS one.

i'm pretty sure that they will make another figure. it would be weird if the training version would be the only figure for the ww movie.
but the release date is another question ...
and then there is justice league 1 & 2, so there is a chance for 3 more ww figures or even more.
and we dont know how any of the final products will look like. even the training version is just a prototype.

So what are the chances that we get a version of costumed Wonder Woman from her own movie? I was not a fan of BVS (though WW was the best few minutes of that film) but Wonder Woman's solo movie is now one of my all time favorite Superhero movies. Gal Gadot is to Wonder Woman to me now like Christopher Reeves is to Superman (and I have the HT figure) and now I want a Wonder Woman Hot Toys figure. While I like the look and design of Superman and Batman in the new DC movies I wasn't a fan of Man of Steel and thought BvS was awful (IMO), so I just couldn't justify paying so much for a representation of those characters on my self. Perhaps Justice League will redeem it and I'll pick up those versions of the characters after that movie; we'll see. Anyway, I would prefer Wonder Woman from the film I love even though the most notable differences would be a different stand, an added cloak and a different sword and shield. I'm just not sure if I should wait and chance it or just go for the BvS one.

I would say it's a near certainty HT will release the regular costume version of WW from her movie along with the cloak and other accessories. They'd be crazy not to cash in on her popularity and the success of that movie.

Back