1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, it would seem strange to me not to have a version of the Wonder Woman movie, I imagine as said above, to have a version with the cloak.

But personally, it's my favorite superhero movie after Captain America, I want to have all the figures related to the movie ! xD

It will hurt my finances especially as I do not resell my figurines.

But I think, this will come in 2019...

The thing is, sword, shield and stand aside, I can't see any discernible difference between bvs wonder woman and the new film. I'm not buying the "it's brighter". If it was, I certainly couldn't see it. So, I would say pick up the bvs, it's a certainty.

As for sword and shield and stand (maybe not the stand as I'm not into big novelty stands, tend to swap them for standard stands), I will just be picking up loose versions of those when training wonder woman comes out - then I'm all good for wonder woman from her own movie AND bvs Wonder Woman. If I do buy any further Wonder Woman figures, it would be the training version as that is a whole different look altogether. .

Yes, probably late 2018/early 2019 before they release all the figures from the WW movie. I wouldn't mind if they skipped her JL figure since she looks almost identical to her appearance in BvS.

In a strange way I'm glad I don't like the new JL batsuits...will save me some much needed money. :lol

HT would be leaving money on the table to skip the solo movie version. They like their variants and reuse. Even if they don't want to do a large run, they could do it like the Suicide Squad Batman. Brighter or not, it seems like it in some photos. I think it looks better that way anyway so yes, brighter. It would give it more of a difference too. I also like that her sword will be able to be holstered on her back where you can pose her taking it out with her right hand.

I wonder if her shield can be hung on her back with this figure? If not, that's another thing they could do with the WW or JL figure.

They are minor differences though, absolutely fine if you do not have a wonder woman figure, but if you have the bvs figure already bought, then it would take an awful lot more than that to make me part with another £200. It would be hard to tell the two figures apart on the shelf.

As for posing the figure drawing a sword from her back.....not me. I would be far too concerned about the damage a pose like that would no doubt make to the new body. Neutral stance poses only with this thing I'm afraid or I imagine you would soon live to regret it.

Could be true on that part, I guess we'll see once the figure is released. I prefer to have her sword over her right shoulder anyway though. As for similarities, it's sort of like Superman's MOS, BvS, and JL costumes. Or even Batman's BvS/SS and JL suits. They're similar, but the differences are enough to warrant a HT figure.

They are probably going to improve the head sculpt... Just look at the training version, and then, imagine for a Wonder Woman from the new movie...

This are going to be weird if the head sculpt of the BvS is not the same as the training version, so it's a reason to buy a new version with the regular armor...

But it's my opinion, personnally, I already plan to buy a Regular armor WW Movie if she come out in 2018 late or 2019. Even if I already got the BvS version.

There will probably be a way to use it as a cup holder or something else.... :p

Or ... The BvS version should be delay, and the head sculpt should be the same as the training version. Like that, just one Wonder Woman version !

But I really really think they are going to come out a weird head sculpt for BvS, and really realistic one for the WW Solo movie.

Worst case, if that happens, I guess I would just pick up the headsculpt and swap them. That would be the most cost effective upgrade.

To be honest I love buying up alternate parts and upgrading figures. Have done that with a couple of my figures.

Next up - John Wick ��

I don't like the sword and shield design from Wonder Woman, the ones from BvS are superior imo. The costume is lighter in Wonder Woman, and it makes sense since it's the first time it's being used, but I prefer the more bronze looking one from BvS

Is everyone sure about this "lighter costume"?? I'm not seeing it. I'm looking at pictures from both films and it looks the same to me.

As for the sword and shield, I think the winner woman film versions are much nicer than the bvs.

they are a little bit different.
the ww solo armor has pretty clean bright shining "gold colors" (chest plate, tiara and bracelet)
these things look more worn out and much darker in bvs.
the red/bronze color looks almost the same.
(the red color on the HT bvs figure is too loud)

Does the darker look of the bvs costume depend much on it being night time, but the latest WW film is mostly day time so appears brighter?

Keep in mind the color tones used in each film also. BvS had darker tones while WW had brighter tones, and as mentioned, her scenes as WW in BvS were exclusively during night time.

You'd really have to compare each suit under regular lighting. Perhaps find photos of both suits on display somewhere.

Does the darker look of the bvs costume depend much on it being night time, but the latest WW film is mostly day time so appears brighter?

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4822.JPG

Sorry for the sideways pics, I'm on my phone, but as you can see there's a pretty big difference imo. I tired to use some on set pics so there wouldn't be a filter and since Hot Toys tends to base the figures in how they look in real life instead of the movie

yes the color grading in bvs is different and its night but you can see all the little scratches and stuff on the bvs armor
and the golden stuff doesnt seem that shiny any more

ww bvs .jpg

I have a magazine that talks about the gold being lighter in WW. Gonna try and find it.

Also just realized that her sword is holstered facing her right shoulder in BvS as well. The scabbard belt is opposite from WW and JL, but it stills holsters that way too.

so you could say that the colors of the HT bvs ww figure are wrong
those are the colors of the ww solo armor

Hot-Toys-16-Wonder-Woman-Preview-from-Malaysia2.jpg

One of the first things I noticed seeing trailers for Wonder Woman and seeing the movie was that the costume was brighter

It's in the Entertainment Weekly Ultimate Guide to Wonder Woman that the costume designer talks about making the whole costume newer and shinier. You can see it in some comparisons like Tosh and v-s-i-o-n posted. The BvS figure does look lighter than the BvS movie costume in pics though.

Back