1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i personally liked the first prototype more than the new one.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-arI5S9ki...vC2Fg/s1600/20160325+Wonder+Woman+%285%29.jpg

i know that it didnt look like Gal Gadot but it fits the overall WW look. and i like the neutral expression. its like a "best of interpretation".
the updated version tries to look more like Gal but its still not 100% correct and that gives me this weird "something is wrong" feeling.
i would prefer a good version that doesnt look like Gal at all against a version that fails at trying to look correct.

https://scontent.fdet1-1.fna.fbcdn....=1938ad6774e912ceab08d08b09416c47&oe=59D91E14

i hope the final product turns out better than all of these last pictures and that we will finally see more updated pictures.

Personally, if feel she looks better from this angle..
b62bab46293827a81c4b4f8e4133a479.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope that the head sculpt is more beautiful in real life. Hot Toys never failed an head sculpt before... I hope it is at least as beautiful as the prototype of the training version ...

I waited this figure since her announce, the release is plan for August in France, if the head sculpt doesn't look like Gal Gadot, this will be very saaaad

i personally liked the first prototype more than the new one.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-arI5S9ki...vC2Fg/s1600/20160325+Wonder+Woman+%285%29.jpg

i know that it didnt look like Gal Gadot but it fits the overall WW look. and i like the neutral expression. its like a "best of interpretation".
the updated version tries to look more like Gal but its still not 100% correct and that gives me this weird "something is wrong" feeling.
i would prefer a good version that doesnt look like Gal at all against a version that fails at trying to look correct.

https://scontent.fdet1-1.fna.fbcdn....=1938ad6774e912ceab08d08b09416c47&oe=59D91E14

i hope the final product turns out better than all of these last pictures and that we will finally see more updated pictures.

Glad to know someone who also likes the first prototype like I do.

I placed my pre-order based on the photos of the first prototype. If the updated version was the first prototype, I would most likely wait for its release and then decide if I really want to buy it.

Eh, the old head sculpt was really really weird. I don't understand how you can prefeer old sculpt !

She is more "Gal Gadot", even if on the last pictures, the sculpt don't look really good.

i dont know what it is, but the updated version with the evil eyes stare and the clearly visible front teeth,
she looks like some kind of vampire to me.

the first prototype just looked like a beautiful woman with a neutral face expression and i liked that.
(sexist! :horror :D )

The new training sculpt is definitely superior; would be great if they revised the BvS one further. I'd certainly prefer a WW from the new movie; but I don't really want to wait another year or year and a half to get a figure so I'll probably get the BvS (if it ever comes out) and then wait and see how one from the new movie turns out.

I too prefer the first prototype head.but at this rate ,Ill take whatever they release. On a sidenote the kotobukiya ww statue looks pretty good.

Even though I think the revised sculpt on this figure is already good, if they come out with a regular armor version of WW from the solo film and the sculpt for that is better, I might just get that one parted out and put it on this figure.

Actually just really fed up waiting on this now to the point I kinda don't care anymore.

chansung-yeah-right-e2459ae2cf7921589685a6835ec08a7c.gif

:lol

I find it hard to believe that HT would make an all new HS for the new version when they literally just finished the Bvs one. New paint apps and a hair sculpt I can believe, total start from scratch I cannot. If it is an all new sculpt, I feel cheated in getting the lesser of the two sculpts especially after waiting all this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe that HT would make an all new HS for the new version when they literally just finished the Bvs one. New paint apps and a hair sculpt I can believe, total start from scratch I cannot. If it is an all new sculpt, I feel cheated in getting the lesser of the two sculpts especially after waiting all this time.

I don't want to disappoint you, but it's very likely that a new version based on the movie Wonder Woman will come out, maybe even next year, I would not be surprised ...

With no doubt, another facial expression, I believe that the shield and the sword are not the same as the BvS version.

Finally, it's very probable, I too would feel cheated, but I feel already deceived when I see the sculpture of the training version, and the one we have for BvS...

That was my thinking as well. Then again, I also thought that they wouldn't make the TA version and only make a regular armor version while simply recycling and repainting BvS parts.

thats the stuff that i dont like about these figures. if they make one character over and over again because they have the license,
then there is a chance that the last released figure will be the best looking just because they fixed all of the problems that they made before
and then all of the people who bought the first versions have some kind of "beta test" figure. even though all people paid roughly the same price. :dunno

The reality is if you feel that strongly, you will probably be able to easily sell the bvs figure - first versions of characters usually sell well and if you got this for the preorder price, you'll likely make a profit on it (going by the cheapest online price). Then preorder the next one and wait another year!!

I'm betting that this bvs version is going to be great and the world will carry on turning.

Back