1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The year is 2076, it's been 60 years since the figure was put up for pre order. You open your hologram one last time before going to bed, checking Facebook just in case. "Hot Toys added 12 new photos to the album: Batman v Superman 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Final product" You smile, a single tear rolling down your cheek before you close your eyes, and fall asleep.

This long wait is ridiculous. I don't care if the final product looks awesome; it's this kind of behavior from companies that is really turning me off on this hobby.

Indeed this wait has proved excruciating! I did find this Budget Stark video interesting though.

It would appear delays of this length are pretty rare thankfully! For the average delay it's misinformation on the part of Sideshow and other retailers being way to optimistic with their estimates when they list them for pre-order.

The year is 2076, it's been 60 years since the figure was put up for pre order. You open your hologram one last time before going to bed, checking Facebook just in case. "Hot Toys added 12 new photos to the album: Batman v Superman 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Final product" You smile, a single tear rolling down your cheek before you close your eyes, and fall asleep.

And never wake up. The end.

Do you think if I get deep freeze induced sleep I stand a chance to see her by 2117?

This long wait is ridiculous. I don't care if the final product looks awesome; it's this kind of behavior from companies that is really turning me off on this hobby.

Honestly same. I'm okay with waiting, but having to wait over a year for something to come out just so they can make 100 more Iron Men and Stormtroopers is a little silly :p

You really do have to wonder what the excuse for the major delay on this is. I mean I know they reworked the sculpt and it now looks a lot better, but does that take over a year to do? Many other figures have had their sculpts reworked for the better and it took roughly 3/4 of the time (perhaps even less) that this has taken thus far.

I'll of course wait it out, as I'm optimistic release will be this month. However, it having gone up for PO last March and it's now June of the following year and hasn't been released yet, is pretty ridiculous. They fabricated an entirely new Iron Man body/figure (Mk 46) and sculpt, released it in HK and it got to SSC in a lesser amount of time. By comparison, WW doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult of a figure to do.

The year is 2076, it's been 60 years since the figure was put up for pre order. You open your hologram one last time before going to bed, checking Facebook just in case. "Hot Toys added 12 new photos to the album: Batman v Superman 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Final product" You smile, a single tear rolling down your cheek before you close your eyes, and die.

Fixed. :lecture

The year is 2076, it's been 60 years since the figure was put up for pre order. You open your hologram one last time before going to bed, checking Facebook just in case. "Hot Toys added 104352854392105540 pictures of the their only partial releases of Iron Man figures... And still no blogger pics of Wonder Woman..." You smile, a single tear rolling down your cheek before you close your eyes, and fall asleep.

Re-fixed :)

The year is 2076, it's been 60 years since the figure was put up for pre order. As you lay in your hospital bed the door creaks open, the automated robotic medical unit let's you know that your family has arrived. The door bursts open, your grandchildren pour in surrounding you with hugs and kisses, laughter and tears flood the room. Next your children, they are fighting the inevitable tears of knowing what this day will bring. Finally, your wife, this of course is no surprise she hasn't left your side since you've been admitted. She brings you the cup of coffee you asked for, unfortunately as you reach for the cup you suddenly have a coughing fit and are unable to take a drink. Your family suddenly becomes concerned, however it is in vain as you quickly recover with a smile on your face, a sigh of relief. You return to the cup of coffee, it's fairly bitter but delicious none the less. Suddenly you are reminded of the winter of 2032 peering outside the snow covered window at your children playing in the wintry weather while you sipped a similar cup of coffee. You were a little let down that year as you had hoped to receive a long awaited collectible, you have forgotten what it was though...

The coffee had little effect as you notice you have awoken from a nap. You look around you and notice that your family never left your side as they have all fallen asleep beside you. You notice that your youngest grandson, Trevor Jr., just turned 4 years old, is still awake. You ask him to come see you. He climbs on your lap as you embrace him, you notice that he has something in his hand, ah, it's your personal hologram unit. Little scamp playing games. You snicker to yourself as you take it from the boy to look at any messages you have. You open your hologram one last time before going to bed, checking Facebook just in case. "Hot Toys added 12 new photos to the album: Batman v Superman 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Final product" You smile, a single tear rolling down your cheek before you close your eyes. You look to your grandson and whisper "This post was all that mattered in life, you little brat". You fall asleep and die.

Double re-fixed.

The funny thing is you guys are right to criticize them for dragging their feet really.

Because I didn't pay attention or care at the time I figured this was out. I watched the movie and thought I'd go buy the figure. And then found out it was not out yet.

And a week or so after I saw the movie I find myself not really caring as much. By the time this thing gets to US soil theres a good chance I won't give a **** anymore.

The funny thing is you guys are right to criticize them for dragging their feet really.

Because I didn't pay attention or care at the time I figured this was out. I watched the movie and thought I'd go buy the figure. And then found out it was not out yet.

And a week or so after I saw the movie I find myself not really caring as much. By the time this thing gets to US soil theres a good chance I won't give a **** anymore.

It's not even the figure for the Wonder Woman movie either. We're still waiting for the Batman v Superman figure.

Are you not used to this by now? WW isn't a long wait. The movie was only out last year.

how's about waiting for Drax...we are at GOTG2 and some of us still do not have it. BUT wait, he didn't even turn out that great (ie too small)

Then there is the good 'ol HulkBuster...We will be close to Infinity Wars before some of us get that.

I'm sure there are many more that are a 1 year + release date after the movie/from time of preview.

Drax for the longest time had to do with licensing issues and likeness rights, I believe. Therefore, the figure didn't go up for PO. Drax going from PO to release in HK wasn't nearly as long as WW from PO to release (whenever that is).

Hulkbuster is indeed getting pretty ridiculous though. :lol

I still have to wonder if there isn't some issue with the seamless body in production (the new 17+ points of articulation one). Could that be part of the hold-up?

Back