1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) The Africa scene makes more sense, and since that is the linchpin of the movie, that is the part that I thought was most important to restore.
2) Clark Kent, reporter. His investigation into the Batman shows why Superman has a beef with Bats.
3) Lex killing Batman victims in jail. Goes with #2.
4) Lois Lane, reporter. She figured out Lex was behind it by investigating wheel chair guy. With help from STAR labs looking into the bullet and discovering the wheel chair was lead-lined. Just behind #1 in order of importance imo.

1 and 4 are the ones that I think the theatrical cut really shouldn't have done without as they establish major plot points.

Some of the other stuff-Superman helping in the aftermath of the bombing, Steppenwolf, Lex going to Arkham are cool, but not as important.

Exactly it was 10× better

1) The Africa scene makes more sense, and since that is the linchpin of the movie, that is the part that I thought was most important to restore.
2) Clark Kent, reporter. His investigation into the Batman shows why Superman has a beef with Bats.
4) Lois Lane, reporter. She figured out Lex was behind it by investigating wheel chair guy. With help from STAR labs looking into the bullet and discovering the wheel chair was lead-lined. Just behind #1 in order of importance imo.

1 and 4 are the ones that I think the theatrical cut really shouldn't have done without as they establish major plot points.

Some of the other stuff-Superman helping in the aftermath of the bombing, Steppenwolf, Lex going to Arkham are cool, but not as important.

Interesting. Just IMO, none of those actually moved the plot in a way where things wouldn't have otherwise.

1-Batman fears Superman due to the massive destruction in MoS, so he preps for the fight. (Everything Lex does in his plan pushes the issue, but is not needed plot-wise or character-wise.)
2-Lex kidnaps (a) Martha and forces Superman to confront Batman.
3-Big fight over misunderstandings, make nice when heroes discover mom's share a name.
4-Heroes unite to fight doomsday.
5-Lex goes to jail.

You can remove Lois from the movie and nothing changes.
You can remove the Africa plot and nothing changes.

Also, a lot of this relies on a) the world's greatest detective being duped on multiple levels and b) Superman being unwilling to talk to Batman like a "human being." (He says one sentence at the beginning of the big confrontation and then throws Batman down the street.)

I watched the extended version hoping some of the flaws would be addressed, but as you lay out, it just expands on a few plot elements.

Legitimately glad some people loved the movie and I don't think it is as awful as some make it out to be - but for me it didn't treat the characters as thinking beings and instead as chess pieces being moved around the board in service of plot.

To add more:

5) The African woman confessing to Senator Finch that she was blackmailed by Luthor by being told what to say in her testimony against Superman, and the subsequent murder of her by Luthor's henchman in order to silence her.
6) A more specific part of your number 2, but Clark speaking to the slain prisoner's girlfriend, with her stating that the only way to stop someone with the current mindset of Batman is through fists, not words because they don't want to listen; which ultimately proved to be the case after Supes initially attempted to reason with him and explain the situation.

Like you said, although not vital to the plot, just some other cool added scenes as well: Supes calling his mother amid his confusion after watching him being debated politically on the news, him traversing the snowy mountains and the locals there thinking he's come there to die, Supes assisting first responders by bringing out victims of the bombing for medical attention and being thanked by one of them, an added scene while Lois mourned for Superman that showed WW staring down at them solemnly as if remembering Steve, Bruce Wayne waking up on a foggy morning with a woman next to him in bed while his bedside desk is shown to be filled with pills and booze, as he pops a pill and takes a drink when he first wakes up, further showing just how off the deep end he's going, the older gentleman explaining to Clark just how unhinged Batman has become, Pete Ross and Lana Lang at Clark's funeral in Smallville, with Pete implying that the funeral expenses were covered by Bruce, etc.

Is this figure EVER coming out?

I know right? :gah:

What was the point of Lex killing the dudes Batman brands? Was it only Lex who was killing the branded?

But then again, Batman was gonna brand him at the end of the movie, so who would've killed him?

What was the point of Lex killing the dudes Batman brands? Was it only Lex who was killing the branded?

But then again, Batman was gonna brand him at the end of the movie, so who would've killed him?

Https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/56194/whats-with-the-bat-branding-and-its-consequences

giphy.gif

It was Lex trying to make Batman look even more blood thirsty to set him further apart from Superman. Now how/why Batman never figured out that someone was killing his crooks I don't think I'd explained.

Lex's scheme was pretty convoluted, and in the theatrical cut to me it felt like a Shopping Doo ending: oh, it was Lex Luthor under the mask the whole time. He must have used this glow in the dark spray paint and the old abandoned amusement park to secretly pit two (three!) Heroes against each other and create a giant Doomsday beast. The UE at least shows how everyone got there and why.

Do you guys think that Hot Toys will make an Ares? That would honestly be an instant buy from me. Would love to have Ares alongside Wonder Woman

I'm not sure how likely Ares would be, but I think he'd make a really cool looking figure. They did General Zod for MOS, so it could be possible. But like SilverStar said, I think it's best not to get our hopes up. I'm almost certain we'll at least get a regular armor Wonder Woman though. And she may even come with a wired lasso. That would be very awesome for dynamic poses.

You remove lois from the movie aaaand there it goes nothing works. The beginning is gone. There is no africa, there is no hearing there is no bombing.

And this btw is one very important thing for bruce.

And yes maybe someone would beat somebody up even if their mothers share the same name. But com on thats batman is journey becoming the batman starts with these events. There is so much you have to think about.

It's not that easy.

Heeeeereeee it comes it's not a marvel movie.

Back