1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U know there's gonna be a custom cloak out days after this is released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cloak would be a nice addition, but I'd hardly ever use it. But I do really like all the other changes to the costume and weapons in the WW movie. I think the slightly brighter armor would look great.

I'd probably pose her with the cloak tbh, I really like how she looks with it. I was sad that the blue armored cape thingy wasn't used in BvS, so this could make up for it

Some ramblings I had on the WW movie and in response to BvS comments in here.

BvS UE is a better film, if alone for the 5 extra minutes the introduction gets when Superman saves Lois. It makes the rest of the film make more sense. It's a beautiful film to watch, but Snyder isn't good at weaving a narrative together with his great cinematography. Good, not great film. I maintain that this movie should have been prefaced with a full Knightmare Batman film, ending just the same - Bruce waking up from a dream influenced by the Flash, and some exposition to follow that is influenced from TDKR. Not only does this make big use of a great Batman in an atypical solo film, it utilizes the Knightmare sequence to it's full potential. Now we have BvS open the same way it does and we go full force on Bruce's plan to get Superman. Also, bring in an older Lex and save Eisenberg for the Riddler role.

Wonder Woman said screw the extended cut, or at least it felt like it, and it largely worked. Yes, the movie is long, but it benefitted the narrative in the end. I was attentive the whole time despite it. I LOVE the characterization of Diana, and the naivety​ of belief in goodness of those who cross her path. She really is a good person, and the DCCU needs that. She feels like the response to the mischaracterization of Superman as perpetually brooding, and I hope they bank on that. Put her front and center. Diana is interesting as is, Superman is not - that's why they wrote him as this morally torn Messianic sort of character, it adds depth to what little he has. Steve Trevor is a more compelling character than Superman in this universe. I found the way Steve was handled in this movie to be great - this had the potential to be a "woman good, man weak" film given the current political climate, and it avoided that. In fact it did exactly the opposite, it created strong male roles to support Diana, and that was admirable.

I don't think WW as a film was perfect, but it had far more good than bad. My complaints lie more in production choice than the movie itself - for example, we have plenty of good, German actors. There is NO reason to have this excuse of crappy fake accents. All German characters should have spoken German and it been dubbed in English. It could have cut about 15 minutes of fat here and there and made it a tighter film (probably nit picking a bit, the longer length was the better choice here) - for example we don't need a 3D, slow mo, green screen Diana jumping at me in the end - just pan around her on the building. The final battle is more Zack Snyder explosive CGI fight-fest, I would have seen that parred down to a more personal (not less powerful) dual between the two.

But in the end, I liked it - it's easily the best DCCU film. And the score is lovely, really listenable - Rupert Gregson Williams created his own score rather than relying on Zimmer's theme as a crutch (looking at POTC 5). It is a safe score, but it still carries a lot of identity. My only hope is that this music gets integrated into Justice League, and his work isn't ignored and replaced like we've seen with Avengers films.

The cloak from the Barbie Wonder Woman figure might look good on the HT WW.

Barbie-Wonder-Woman-Live-Action-Doll--pTRU1-25382298dt.jpg

I'd probably pose her with the cloak tbh, I really like how she looks with it. I was sad that the blue armored cape thingy wasn't used in BvS, so this could make up for it

I think that's for solo movie though, not BvS. It's of cause was cut, a shame.

I'd be extra careful in using any fabricated cloak with her. You don't want to see any colour transfer on a seamless figure like this. I think the SS Joker had problems with the purple coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can give it as a Secret Santa Gift! :yess:

My niece doesn't like Barbies. :gah: [emoji38]

[emoji38]

Unless I run into a male friend or co-worker! :panic: [emoji38]

Friends' daughter's birthday.
Colleague's daughter, helping to buy...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

If they make a solo film one, I would want a cloak to go on my DoJ figure. Then I think I'd have it all the way I want. One with cloak, one in training outfit and one regular WW outfit.

I still need an Antiope.

Back