1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree.

I purchased the movie when it was released but just yesterday saw the Ultimate Edition. I must say I enjoyed it much more than the theatrical version.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

:duff

Even though I still enjoyed the theatrical version the first time I saw it (and the second), after seeing the UE for the first time, the theatrical does pale in comparison and does look like a bunch of scenes put together. The theatrical omits crucial scenes that I feel are vital to the overall plot. I consider the UE to be BvS, so that's what I watch whenever I watch BvS.

If one doesn't like the tone of the film or the way the characters are portrayed, the UE won't help that. But I feel it does shore up plotholes and includes crucial scenes that make it make a lot more sense.

Can HT please release this figure already so I can stop checking a bumped thread only to see peoples god awful opinions on things. :gah:

Can HT please release this figure already so I can stop checking a bumped thread only to see peoples god awful opinions on things. :gah:

After HT release you will still see us discussing the blogger photos, in hand review, up to felloq collectors finally getting the fogure themselves and start uploading photos.... :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

So that way you could see people's God awful opinions on another thing (the figure)? :lol

You mean like the one of Bruce in the shower?

shooter-mcgavin.gif

Well I said scenes, but sure let's go with that one. :lol

But seriously, the UE fills in a lot of gaps, like so many that I was surprised the theatrical version was cut as much as it was.

My sentiments as well.

I enjoyed the theatrical version both times I saw it in theaters, but after I saw the UE, the theatrical really does pale in comparison and I was flummoxed as to why they left that much out of it. The theatrical cut to me is dead. Buried. :lol

My sentiments as well.

I enjoyed the theatrical version both times I saw it in theaters, but after I saw the UE, the theatrical really did pale in comparison and I was flummoxed as to why they left that much out of it. The theatrical cut to me is dead. Buried. :lol

Yep- doesn't flow as nicely and seems choppy to me-

Makes you wonder how differently it might have been received had they just put the UE cut in theatres. :dunno
The majority still liked the theatrical cut if you look at the fan score, 63%. With the choppy feel removed could have greatly reduced the backlash.

Makes you wonder how differently it might have been received had they just put the UE cut in theatres. :dunno
The majority still liked the theatrical cut if you look at the fan score, 63%. With the choppy feel removed could have greatly reduced the backlash.

I wonder this also. The UE actually was well received by many critics who disliked the theatrical from what I recall. It was shown in a few select theaters for a night last June when it got released.

The theatrical made $873 million, but I do wonder if perhaps it would have potentially gotten to the billion mark had they just showed the UE from the start.

I have to very much dissagree with you. BvS UE is a much better film. I love the Ultimate Edition. I have been a huge fan of the DCEU other than Suicide Squad, which was OK. I hope that one day we get the real cut of that movie. I really enjoy the world in which the DC heros live in. The way that Superman is treated by the public is very much how he would be received in the real world.

I would give BvS UE a 9.5, Wonder Woman and Man of Steel a 9, and Suicide Squad a 6.5.

Only a couple of things I thought were missing from Wonder Woman. I wish the Germans spoke German, and I missed Hans Zimmer(even though the score was good).

I couldn't agree more with pretty much everything said. The Germans not speaking German was noticable and even the "German" accents were pretty bad. Small nitpick on an otherwise stellar movie.

I agree that BvSUE made BvS a much better movie, but I can understand why some would think it's not a "proper movie" as the extra content would have made the movie impractical in the theaters due to the running time. To me though, the UE just filled out so much more of the story and makes explains parts that were confusing in the theatrical release. Sure, if you hated Eisenberg's Lex in the theatrical release, you will hate him just as much in the UE, but at least the UE explains his motivations better as the theatrical version didn't explain at all why he would create Doomsday. Should BvS have had more action scenes? I wish it had, but they needed to fill in a TON of backstory in a way that wasn't pure exposition.

I also think MoS is a grossly underrated movie. Time will tell if I ultimately think it is better/worse than WW. I loved them both, although I left WW with a better impression than I did when I left MoS. MoS grew on me over time (and continues to).

Back