1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is for every person who says they wouldn't mind exposed joints there would be like ten more complaining about it not being seamless so I understand why they didn't go that route. I'm wondering if the seamless body has been the hold up on getting this figure out.

The problem is for every person who says they wouldn't mind exposed joints there would be like ten more complaining about it not being seamless so I understand why they didn't go that route. I'm wondering if the seamless body has been the hold up on getting this figure out.

I think that is very likely the case.

I know 17 points of articulation is 11 less than 28, but simply judging by the 17 points of articulation on the schematics of that Two-Face figure in the picture above, what kind of poses do some of you guys plan on putting her in that would require 28 points of articulation, to where the articulation points illustrated above wouldn't be good enough? :dunno

If the body turns out to be a seamless body like Gamora or some of the Thor figures, which I imagine it likely will be, I don't think you're going to want to be bending the arms too much to begin with lest potentially causing crease marks in the inner elbow joint. Even then, if the elbows and knees only end up having one joint as opposed to two, I would be completely fine with that. I've always thought the double joints look kind of unnatural, as your elbow and knee don't bend in two different places.

As was mentioned, due to the nature of the suit, I would imagine this figure not having much, if any, torso or waist articulation. Due to the nature of the arms on the likely seamless body, probably no bicep swivel either, only rotating a bit at the shoulders if you want to rotate the arms inward or outward a bit.

I know 17 points of articulation is 11 less than 28, but simply judging by the 17 points of articulation on the schematics of that Two-Face figure in the picture above, what kind of poses do some of you guys plan on putting her in that would require 28 points of articulation, to where the articulation points illustrated above wouldn't be good enough? :dunno

Well, even achieving this pose will require bicep swivel, waist, and torso articulation, separate head and neck, and double jointed knees. Sure, you can maybe do it with 17, but it won't look right or natural, and will end up lopsided and tip over. Having more articulation will definitely help make a pose more natural as well as help the figure balance itself.

I know, the figure is not out yet, and maybe Hot Toys will amaze us with the new body. But, judging from what I've seen and done with how I pose my figures, the more articulation, the better.

Attachments

• wonder-woman-movie-trailer-screencaps52.jpg
    wonder-woman-movie-trailer-screencaps52.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 204
Can anyone tell me how Gamora gets to 28 points of articulation??
I've tried to look it up but can't find a list of these??
I assume the 1st 17 shown above on the2 face example but except for the waist and ribs how do you get another 11 points??

The problem with those really articulated poses even if they are possbile, on the Batfleck figure for example, you'd likely encounter damage if left in those positions for very long. The only figure I have that I feel confident leaving in strong action poses for any length of time is the Spiderman 3. Ironically the one pose that is difficult for him is standing up due to his weak ankle joints. :lol

Armoured Batman has next to no articulation but I love the figure in his museum pose. WW should be much better articulated than that but yeah, if you want to pull off all the crazy action poses she did in the movie it probably isnt the right figure for you. I just want her stood alongside Bats & Supes holdng her sword and shield ready for battle.

So by the time this actually comes out, they'll hopefully have improved the sculpt right. I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure in a while, there's been a lot of great characters out there and I'm not even that big a fan of Wonder Woman. Yet she stands above everyone else as someone I want to pick up. Must be the effect of Gal Gadot

I'll wait for the solo movie version. I hope it at least comes with an improved sculpt or different expression :pray:

The figure has not been released in Asia yet as we reach the middle of March so...This will not be shipped from Sideshow on April 26th...

The problem with those really articulated poses even if they are possbile, on the Batfleck figure for example, you'd likely encounter damage if left in those positions for very long. The only figure I have that I feel confident leaving in strong action poses for any length of time is the Spiderman 3. Ironically the one pose that is difficult for him is standing up due to his weak ankle joints. :lol

Armoured Batman has next to no articulation but I love the figure in his museum pose. WW should be much better articulated than that but yeah, if you want to pull off all the crazy action poses she did in the movie it probably isnt the right figure for you. I just want her stood alongside Bats & Supes holdng her sword and shield ready for battle.

I have the AMS2... the articulation also is amazing, i think it's given the fact that the suit is more cloth like and the figure being slim...

I have the AMS2... the articulation also is amazing, i think it's given the fact that the suit is more cloth like and the figure being slim...

I thought the material on that Spiderman figure was more like the more rubber material used on Batman and Superman suits? Or was that just the AMS1

I thought the material on that Spiderman figure was more like the more rubber material used on Batman and Superman suits? Or was that just the AMS1

Some parts are rubbery, some parts cloth.. but articulation is amazing, I can even put him on "superhero landing" pose...

What would REALLY be cool is if this figure releases in HK at the end of this month and does something unprecedented like was the case with CW regular version Captain America, and you receive a two week notice from SSC literally two days after release in HK. I imagine SSC will be inundated with people on flex pay opting to play their final balance off early on this figure, as we've waited long enough for it. Just give the damn thing to us already. :lol

I'll wait for the solo movie version. I hope it at least comes with an improved sculpt or different expression :pray:

Most likely will be the same figure body and same sculpt (repainted). Key differences will simply be the costume hue and included accessories. I suppose it doesn't hurt though to simply wait see what the solo one offers and how it compares to this one; however, hopefully this one isn't going for higher prices on the secondary market at that time because it turns out for whatever reason to be the more sought after one.

Back