1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, with that body, she probably will not have double jointed elbows and knees, and probably barely any bicep and thigh swivel. Probably also not much torso and waist articulation as her suit looks like it's just one piece. I would take exposed joints if it means more articulation.

Exposed joints are a no go unless someone's​ main interest in playing with these figures. If that is the case that person has problems...

Everyday I check the HT FB and still nothing new on her since that pixelated teaser. Looks like it might be April after all :thud:

I'm sure the last time HT put out a release schedule they bumped her to April and brought purple coat Joker forward to March. Anything having her down for March is out of date I think. I'm predicting first week of April for what it's worth. :lol

Soon.....

We will get an email from sideshow saying delayed aug - sept 2017

Well, they are toys. Buy statues if you don't want your figures to move.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Despite the company name I really don't feel these are toys. Toys are made to be played with, these are made for display. They have enough articulation to give each figure multiple display choices but will never match the movement of genuine toys made for the mass market.

There has to be some compromise where figures have less clothing to cover all the joints. In this case they appear to have chosen reduced articulation, with Harley Quinn they've gone with the exposed knee joints. Very eager to get both in hand and compare them.

Exposed joints are a no go unless someone's​ main interest in playing with these figures. If that is the case that person has problems...

These are just expensive toys, having exposed joints and more articulation have nothing to do with "playing" with these figures. Some people like to be able to pose them and change it anytime they like. I already preordered this, I want it for my collection, and there is pretty much no competition for Hot Toys.

What a narrow and closed way of thinking. :dunno
If you're so @n@l about joints just go get a statue maybe?

Despite the company name I really don't feel these are toys. Toys are made to be played with, these are made for display. They have enough articulation to give each figure multiple display choices but will never match the movement of genuine toys made for the mass market.

^^^^^

Well based on that logic, if you dont want joints, buy a statue.

Yes they are, but because they have enough articulation that gives them multiple display options, and allows the buyer to change the pose of the figure anytime they want. So unlike a statue, which is strictly for display, these figures allow them to be displayed by the user's choice, thus, the person is playing with them, which makes them toys.

There has to be some compromise where figures have less clothing to cover all the joints. In this case they appear to have chosen reduced articulation, with Harley Quinn they've gone with the exposed knee joints. Very eager to get both in hand and compare them.

Agreed

These are just expensive toys, having exposed joints and more articulation have nothing to do with "playing" with these figures. Some people like to be able to pose them and change it anytime they like. I already preordered this, I want it for my collection, and there is pretty much no competition for Hot Toys.

Well that actually means they are playing with them, if they do that often, but obviously not in the same way a kid plays with toys, so its not an immature thing to do. As for me, I just put mine into one pose that I like and that is how it stays, as I have no interest in playing with figures but hey that's just me.

Last edited:
The other thing with these figures is they actually use materials, that replicate the actual characters better than any statue, other than prime statues. Which are massive and cost 500+

Yes they are, but because they have enough articulation that gives them multiple display options, and allows the buyer to change the pose of the figure anytime they want. So unlike a statue, which is strictly for display, these figures allow them to be displayed by the user's choice, thus, the person is playing with them, which makes them toys.

I don't think changing the pose of a figure counts as playing, i'd call that reposing but I guess there is no point getting into semantics. The articulation on nearly all these figures is stiff and awkward when compared with the toy versions. If it weren't they probably wouldn't stand very easily which is there main purpose.

Back