1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think changing the pose of a figure counts as playing, i'd call that reposing but I guess there is no point getting into semantics.

I am sure you would feel differently if u bought a figure that had been posed so many times, to the point that the joints were lose that the arms were about to full off.

The articulation on nearly all these figures is stiff and awkward when compared with the toy versions. If it weren't they probably wouldn't stand very easily which is there main purpose.

I am assuming by Toy versions you mean figures made by Toys R US? I honestly don't get your argument how does that make them less like a toy if the articulation is stiffer than an action figure you buy at Toys R US?

They're toys. Split hairs whichever way you like, they're still toys. It's in the name for Christ's sake :lol Not sure why it seems to bother some people.

Hopefully photos are right around the corner. Certainly can't be too far away now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I am sure you would feel differently if u bought a figure that had been posed so many times, to the point that the joints were lose that the arms were about to full off.

Well, you take that chance if you buy a used figure. I've reposed my Hot Toys figures a lot with no problems. The earlier figures had weaker joints, but Hot Toys have improved a lot over the last few years, now most of them come with nice tight joints that can be reposed many times.

Call it playing or whatever, I pay a lot of money for these so I'm going to get the most out of it.

I thought it was out only to find people arguing over nonsense nomenclature.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am assuming by Toy versions you mean figures made by Toys R US? I honestly don't get your argument how does that make them less like a toy if the articulation is stiffer than an action figure you buy at Toys R US?

Yes the cheaper figures mass produced and aimed at children with far more supple joints to suit play. If you gave a Hot Toys figure to a child to play with I don't imagine they would last very long.

Even HT's with good articulation can take some time to manouver into a pose, making sure the clothing isnt working against what you are trying to do etc. Hence why to me they are collectables intended only for display and occassional reposing. The figures I would call toys are nearly all plastic apart from maybe the capes. They can be thrown around and mistreated just fine. Maybe some chipped paint by which time the kid has likely moved onto the next fad anyway.

My definition of a toy is obviously different to many on this forum, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Only a few more weeks until this figure releases and we finally get some pics and reviews to enjoy. Right now that day can't come soon enough.

Some of the trivial stuff that gets argued on this board. :lol

Since we're down the rabbit hole, for the record, I think anyone saying these aren't toys in any capacity when it says the word "toys" right in the name Hot Toys, are a bit in denial. That's like saying the Boy Scouts isn't meant for boys. Are they the type of toys that you'd get a 10 year old to play with in the grass in the backyard (which is what I think many people associate with when they think of a toy)? Absolutely not. But they are high end, collectible toys.

However, I think the whole argument that if you don't want to play with them or put them in overly dynamic poses then you should collect statues instead, is pretty dumb as well.

Practically they are toys......
Because these are high end toys and costing us alot alot of sweat money.
We then to play with it lesser and display it in the cabinet more......

Statue are also toys... but without articulation....
For me, anything someone buys for the fun of it and interest and not out of necessity, are toys....
It's just a general term...similar to RCs, cameras, model kits, those are toys to respective collectors and hobbyist...
:)

Since we're down the rabbit hole, for the record, I think anyone saying these aren't toys in any capacity when it says the word "toys" right in the name Hot Toys, are a bit in denial. That's like saying the Boy Scouts isn't meant for boys. Are they the type of toys that you'd get a 10 year old to play with in the grass in the backyard (which is what I think many people associate with when they think of a toy)? Absolutely not. But they are high end, collectible toys.

However, I think the whole argument that if you don't want to play with them or put them in overly dynamic poses then you should collect statues instead, is pretty dumb as well.

Well names are often misleading. The sport you insist on calling football appears to be played almost entirely with the hands. :lol Touchdowns don't seem to have to be touched down either. :dunno The Karate Kid remake didn't feature karate.

I don't believe I'm in denial, just a different interpretation from others. Look on the back of the BvS Superman box and it says in capital letters: "Adult Collectible. Not a Toy. Recommended for ages 15 and up". So even Hot Toy's say they aren't toys as contradictory as that seems. :lol

For me, anything someone buys for the fun of it and interest and not out of necessity, are toys....
It's just a general term...similar to RCs, cameras, model kits, those are toys to respective collectors and hobbyist...

:exactly: I consider 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, sports cars, etc toys. I don't think it's a bad term at all.

POW! Right in the kisser!

b59235d7a5b40bb5adaacbc18fe6a2f1.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised that they've teased the new Spider-Man movie and now the next Jack Sparrow, but nothing from the Wonder Woman solo movie. At this point a year ago, BvS figures were already going up for preorder.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Well, you take that chance if you buy a used figure. I've reposed my Hot Toys figures a lot with no problems. The earlier figures had weaker joints, but Hot Toys have improved a lot over the last few years, now most of them come with nice tight joints that can be reposed many times.

Call it playing or whatever, I pay a lot of money for these so I'm going to get the most out of it.

Yeah man not judging, just calling it as it is, some people can put these figures into amazing poses and I consider them artist in that respect. It's just not something I am into, I like to find a pose I like and just keep it that way.

Yes the cheaper figures mass produced and aimed at children with far more supple joints to suit play. If you gave a Hot Toys figure to a child to play with I don't imagine they would last very long.

I don't know they are pretty tough, unlike Medicom figures that use to break easily from posing.

Even HT's with good articulation can take some time to manouver into a pose, making sure the clothing isnt working against what you are trying to do etc. Hence why to me they are collectables intended only for display and occassional reposing. The figures I would call toys are nearly all plastic apart from maybe the capes. They can be thrown around and mistreated just fine. Maybe some chipped paint by which time the kid has likely moved onto the next fad anyway.

The fact that they are still action figures makes them toys in the true definition, regardless if their clothes are not all plastic like Hasbro toys.

:goodpost:

Totally agree with both points.

I agree anything can be classed as a toy but I think what sj2106 was trying to say that these are not toys in the same way a hasbro figure is a toy, like a kid's toy.

I don't believe I'm in denial, just a different interpretation from others. Look on the back of the BvS Superman box and it says in capital letters: "Adult Collectible. Not a Toy. Recommended for ages 15 and up". So even Hot Toy's say they aren't toys as contradictory as that seems. :lol

Then they should change the name of their company. :lol

The true definition of a toy action figure, is figure that has moveable parts, so whether you like it or not these are toy action figures. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, but in the end that is what they are, toy dolls for adults.

Last edited:
Of course they're toys – as others have said, they may not be as robust as some, and they may be intended for display, rather than play - but they are still toys!

And with that in mind –*I would rather have Wonder Woman with articulted joints – not moulded rubber... personally I don't mind the joints on show.

Let's all agree that we are very much looking forward to them releasing the figure... :D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back