1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do the never put some kind of expression on the faces of their female sculpts? She looks like a mannequin. The body look incredible, but they absouktely need to refine her face.

I honestly feel like they do this intentionally so when the next version comes out and looks just a little better, you'll want to buy it.

They already do that by the characters having slightly different costumes each film. :lol

This is what I am guessing:
1 - neck joint
2,3,4,5 - shoulders forward and sideways
6,7 - elbow joints
8,9 - wrist joints
10,11,12,13 - leg forward and sideways
14,15 - knee joints
16 and 17 - ankle joints

IF the ankle joints are not there because of the boot design then the 16 and 17 points will be the biceps sideways joints but I think we will loose the biceps sideways movement and will include a severely limited ankle joints.

You are probably right, which is why I will probably go the custom route like you did. I need the full range of motion for animation.

AFM

This is what I am guessing:
1 - neck joint
2,3,4,5 - shoulders forward and sideways
6,7 - elbow joints
8,9 - wrist joints
10,11,12,13 - leg forward and sideways
14,15 - knee joints
16 and 17 - ankle joints

IF the ankle joints are not there because of the boot design then the 16 and 17 points will be the biceps sideways joints but I think we will loose the biceps sideways movement and will include a severely limited ankle joints.

It does state "over 17 points of articulation", so it might be slightly higher than 17. I think your guess is pretty spot on though; maybe we get a second neck joint to bend it up and down.

For reference, the RE Ada Wong figure is advertised as having over 20 points of articulation, and the bodies look pretty similar from a seamless perspective. Take out torso articulation, and that's probably a good idea of the total level of articulation on this. Of course, we also don't know if the WW outfit is flexible enough to even accommodate torso articulation, so that might not be a huge loss there.

It seems like this whole line will be very limited when it comes to articulation.

It seems like this whole line will be very limited when it comes to articulation.

BvS Supes I imagine will probably have the same amount of articulation as MoS Supes. I haven't encountered with my figure, nor have I seen anyone report any major articulation issues with MoS Supes.

theyre def limited, all the promo shots are very static poses. but that's ok I don't plan on posing WW all crazy anyway/.

I think the head may have a bit more range of motion because his hair is shorter in the back. The MOS dupes was a tad bit more limiting because of the hairline. This may be a bit more forgiving for flight poses.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a statue. :lol A pretty-looking statue but a statue nonetheless.

12189625_1003413926404162_8010465751470877691_n.jpg

12472474_1003413969737491_7091051538378629165_n.jpg

12246768_1003413939737494_4224154890356712223_n.jpg

12717975_1003413936404161_8232048660512223302_n.jpg

Hair is too coarse here.

With it being 1/6 scale I'd think the hair would need to be this thick to hold the hairdo.

I think the figure looks awesome. I would like a little bit more scowl, but if this is the final figure I'm still buying.

With it being 1/6 scale I'd think the hair would need to be this thick to hold the hairdo.

I think the figure looks awesome. I would like a little bit more scowl, but if this is the final figure I'm still buying.

It seems they are using synthetic hair material like Barbie.

Tibetan lamb fur would be much finer and better, but I'm not sure if it's doable at such a large scale production such as this figure.

The sculpt can use improvement (in its defense, what can't stand to use at least a modicum of improvement?), but I too think the figure still looks great as is.

xena is the only female warrior to ever ride a horse or kick. riiiiight.

Back