1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda late to the party.

First impression is fantastic! WW looks amazing.
The head sculpt looks good from a regular distance, but the macro close-ups are not helping much. Not that you'll look at it from such a short distance very often anyway.
I do wish she had a bit more of a frown, to give her more character.

And it looks to me like a statue. Otherwise they would have put her into some other pose... at least one.
At any rate... 17 points of articulation? I think I'll go with a Phicen. They've proven to be quite durable and extremely posable.

Sculpt needs work imo

attachment.php

More defined cheek bones and thicker lips and eyebrows please Hot Toys.

wonder-woman.jpg

All can say is the final product better not look different or worse than the proto with only 17 points of articulation :gah:

Never been interested in any female hot toys figures ever. Just seems a step too far-like a barbie. I know that's what my wife would call it. But this looks great! I want it! Maybe I could buy it for her.......just keep it in my detolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Barbie thing is silly to me. The only thing a Barbie and this have in common is they are both female. I don't see people calling the male figures names that evoke 60s era gi Joe (or similar) figures. And that would be the same comparison. It's just not even close to a Barbie. Outside of both being female.

$234 wow....base figure price jumping from $224 to $234

There is no base figure price. Never was. The last couple figures where 200-220. This is an entirely new body and HS and costume.
Hawkeye (and Drax and Winter soldier) is 219. I didn't see anyone saying the base price went down.

As for how to estimate and not using a new body or Licensing. It does matter. But there's 700 other things that factor in also. From the potential for reuse (Drax will be in gotg2 for example) to spreading out the cost of the movie license across multiple figures (BvS has four figures so far, six for gotg ect) to number of expected sales to how long it takes to paint, to complexity of the packaging and a lot more.

Last edited:
You can't even use new bodies to help estimate HT costs. Some figures with bodies developed exclusively for them, and that can only be used by them (like Drax), don't cost much different than those with almost totally reused parts (Luke as Stormtrooper). License costs don't seem to matter for HT like they sometimes appear to for SSC, either. It's a bit of a crap shoot, estimating cost.

Out of curiosity, what would be a good HT body to replace this seamless one with? I don't need double-jointed elbows or knees, but a ball-pin would be nice.

Back