1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://myalbum.com/album/udXsnpyHok3E Ok, until I figure out how to add pics to post check out this link to pics of SW with a Phicen body.

Sorry if this offends anyone (not really), but it looks awful, the body, the poorly tailored dress... if I wasn't yet collecting something like these then this wouldn't bring me into the hobby.

Hmm, I wonder if folks are changing the body because they want to? Why does it matter? I won't change the body
on mine when I get her, but if someone else wants to, what's the big deal?

If this is directed at me, like I said, it's up to them and if they're happy cool. I was just stating my opinion on the matter regardless of people enjoying doing so, and it doesn't matter beyond the person that does it. However, it's a discussion forum and I'm just offering my view of how a bit weird/hypocritical it is to complain about the likeness of Hot Toy's Wonder Woman (or other figures) and then changing things out for articulation or whatever reason it is which more often than not makes them less accurate for the sake of having articulation but look really bad.

Of course you have the high end customs like Adam Gu's (?) such as his Jokers, or Owen's repaints which look great, but these are expensive high end mods and customizations. Typically people go for the naff, ill-fitting, in-proportionate, mismatched, botched custom paint look, and this is my opinion, and in the end if they're happy that's cool, but I can still comment on such things :lecture In regards to the Scarlet Witch above, I get it, that person wanted a comic book looking version instead of the film looking version, but it still looks awful to me. As long as they're posted on here, just as Hot Toys figures, everything is open to criticism.

I'm glad HT seem to be making realistic female bodies and not the cartoonish one posted earlier in the thread. One of those phicen bodies may be good for an amimated/comic WW figure with their exagerated proportions but not a live action version.

It doesn't look as good because HT's version was completely new and designed specifically to match Gal's physique. It would be interesting if Phicen made their own version to match.

I wonder if WW's skin tone is darker (for obvious reasons) than BW or SW? Sorry for bad pic but I was able to make a perfect skin tone match of SW with a Phicen and the Phicen body gives her a major increase in height. Again, WW's skin tone and costume may be too difficult for Phicen matching but I still hope it can be done so I can keep the stock body new.

It's tricky..at first I thought a pale phicen might be good but it's too white to the sculpt, then I thought suntan warrior phicen but the skin is too brown

As I demonstrated before

As you can see the suntan phicen is a little too brown

when I semi stripped her armor you can also see the skin has a tint that a phicen doesn't have

I think the skin tone that HT used for this sculpt is spot on to Gal's skin tone IMO and it may be hard to match it naturally to a phicen

And the chest armor is fitted perfectly

But in the long run opinions very :dunno

Sorry if this offends anyone (not really), but it looks awful, the body, the poorly tailored dress... if I wasn't yet collecting something like these then this wouldn't bring me into the hobby.

If this is directed at me, like I said, it's up to them and if they're happy cool. I was just stating my opinion on the matter regardless of people enjoying doing so, and it doesn't matter beyond the person that does it. However, it's a discussion forum and I'm just offering my view of how a bit weird/hypocritical it is to complain about the likeness of Hot Toy's Wonder Woman (or other figures) and then changing things out for articulation or whatever reason it is which more often than not makes them less accurate for the sake of having articulation but look really bad.

Not directed at anyone in particular. I actually agree with your above comments.

Nice photo from fellow collector in FB.. (Alexander Lindi‎)

20108503_10156386243854056_6664783965445947280_n.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if folks are changing the body because they want to? Why does it matter? I won't change the body
on mine when I get her, but if someone else wants to, what's the big deal?

But it is their figure, and if they wanna screw it up, I don't care.

:exactly:

If they think it looks good, then that's all that should matter to them. And me, really. It's their figure on their shelf, not mine. I wouldn't arrange my display based on what someone else thinks looks good.

Just found this on YouTube.

She looks so good in the natural light. Love the colours even if they aren't screen accurate to how they appeared in BvS.

:exactly:

If they think it looks good, then that's all that should matter to them. And me, really. It's their figure on their shelf, not mine. I wouldn't arrange my display based on what someone else thinks looks good.

Agree. I use the Phicen when it's appropriate for the character(s) and it lets me keep the stock body new in box. I only own a few female HTs. Catwoman I left as is. But the bodies HTs made for BW (horrible proportions, arms that snap in two when articulated) and SW (too short, makes her look like a 12 year old) did not look good to me. So they got switched to Phicen bodies. Not trying to say one is better than the other, to each their own right? But the HTs seamless have a history/reputation of problems Phicens don't have. So thanks to the person who posted some comparison photos! WW simply may not be capable of a Phicen body switch. Which is fine. But it's still fun to have the option. I haven't received mine yet (not till SS releases them). Will post more once in hand.

https://myalbum.com/album/sAUSPcvjHgam And I also very much enjoy the customizing PROCESS (pics above links to BW). Customizing makes me feel more personally connected to my figures (like they are OOAKs/art et, something I made myself). I also happen to be a fan of the stainless steel seamless Phicen body. To me (again no one has to agree or disagree - it's all about each collector's preference for their toys and money spent et), the Phicen body looks better; more realistic than the bodies HTs makes. HTs makes the best head sculpts and costumes currently available. But their bodies feel cheap; like light weight plastic compared to a sturdy, heavier, solid Phicen/TBL. Overall in my HUMBLE opinion, the Phicen/HTs combo simply looks and feels more realistic. Peace!!!!

Just found this on YouTube.

She looks so good in the natural light. Love the colours even if they aren't screen accurate to how they appeared in BvS.

Yup sunlight makes this figure pop in any direction of my display :clap

BTW I'm an avid admirer of Phicen and seamless as most of you know by now and will always collect seamless, but TBH, this is one figure I won't be swapping . I feel there is no need too.

Guyver1, I hope you are right. From the pics I've seen so far it looks perfect. If HTs nailed it with the body there is no need to switch. I'm also a huge fan of seamless so I'm keeping an open mind. But I remember how bad the skin cracked on some of my previous seamless HTs. I guess I'm just taking precautions.

Guyver1, I hope you are right. From the pics I've seen so far it looks perfect. If HTs nailed it with the body there is no need to switch. I'm also a huge fan of seamless so I'm keeping an open mind. But I remember how bad the skin cracked on some of my previous seamless HTs. I guess I'm just taking precautions.

Would it help if I said out of all the seamless I own, I've never seen one like this that has such realistic muscle tone and definition in the actual skin that's not painted on

Would it help if I said out of all the seamless I own, I've never seen one like this that has such realistic muscle tone and definition in the actual skin that's not painted on

I know you are so right, I don't know why anyone would want to change the body out and in true light she looks awesome. I can't wait to get her

Back