1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't be so bad if the body was a little bigger. Her head is way oversized for it.

You talking about the Phicen or the HT stock :dunno

I don't know why the dude is using a big bust Phicen..gal's version needs at least the small bust Phicen even medium bust might be too big :horror

I really want to preorder this figure now. The more I look at it the more Im tempted. Come on Hot Toys give us a solo version!

This is an awesome pose! To me, it looks as though her breastplate is sitting kind of low. Can it be adjusted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that low in person, it's because when the chest is pulled back it makes the plate look lower because the chest armor moves with the chest articulation

Normally it sits pretty good

If Phicen can make a body close to Gal's, that would make a good option for people wanting to keep her posed in the crossed arm stance.

Maybe because there is a huge difference between knowing how to make realistic bodies and knowing how to make realistic ARTICULATED bodies THAT STAND THE TEST OF TIME :)
I wonder if WW's skin tone is darker (for obvious reasons) than BW or SW? Sorry for bad pic but I was able to make a perfect skin tone match of SW with a Phicen and the Phicen body gives her a major increase in height. Again, WW's skin tone and costume may be too difficult for Phicen matching but I still hope it can be done so I can keep the stock body new.

Attachments

• 20170712_154812.jpg
    20170712_154812.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 186
No idea why someone would change the body to that - maybe it's because for me articulation isn't the most important thing, as long as I can sort of pose her in a way that is my own I'm happy. To be honest, from a lot of what I see on the forums and collecting in general there's a lot of people that like to buy Hot Toys and swap parts out for different customs; or swap the head sculpts to something that looks really awful in comparison. Frankly I don't understand it, I liken it to the same train of thought that books are better than their film counterparts due to something that is conjured up in a person's mind being better than something someone else has conjured up - it has to be their own version, it just seems like a lot of people have such poor taste.

I really don't understand how you can be that fixated on strong articulated poses to trade off on having a crap looking body that looks nothing like Gal, and these people are probably the ones complaining about the head sculpt being off! But whatever floats people's boats - as long as they're happy, but personally I think a lot of the customs out there are complete and utter crap and I find it confusing how people can honestly think they look better - unless of course it's a pricing compromise, in which case I still don't think it's good. It's like putting a custom comic book version head sculpt on a Hot Toys body... just looks awful. For me Hot Toys is a marriage between loving the characters that I get and that they're just done so bloody well by Hot Toys that I will fork out stupid amounts of money for them (and then cry internally when they get tiny bits of damage even though I obsess about keeping them safe!). I'm not the type of person to like a character and wants to build customs to represent them - if it's not a high standard, looks like it was made in unison and not kit-bashed, I don't care to have a figure of my favourite character.

This picture is freaking phenomenal Guyver! Looks spot on to her here and a great action pose, you've been showing really great pictures, well done for bringing some great pictures into such a negative thread about this figure!

35041112914_6428633b46_z.jpg

These photos are great, Libby, I don't know why but adding the cloak, this picture for me is 100% Gal! Really wish they'd release a cloak with her, it goes the next level I think for the figure!

Hmm, I wonder if folks are changing the body because they want to? Why does it matter? I won't change the body
on mine when I get her, but if someone else wants to, what's the big deal?

Hmm, I wonder if folks are changing the body because they want to? Why does it matter? I won't change the body
on mine when I get her, but if someone else wants to, what's the big deal?

because the end result is horrible looking and if they think it looks better than HT's body.........

Back