1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't seen anything of this figure since the first prototype. Look how much the regular Batman figure improved from its prototype.

Waiting for the solo version is okay but given the time it's taking to get this one, we'll be lucky to see the solo version before 2020 lol.

Understandable, but her look in WW is pretty much the same, just with more vibrant colors and minor aesthetic changes.

Left: WW | Right: BvS (incase you couldn't tell from Superman and Batman standing there. :lol
3tbhb3W.png

Unless you want the darker, grungier colors, which I like better, you could always go for the eventual JL version. The more "seasoned warrior" look is nice.

View attachment 326043

I'm hoping the BvS figure sees some improvements though. Heck, even if there aren't people will still say they "fixed it". :lol

Couldn't hurt snagging a preorder at BBTS and just cancelling if you don't like it since they wouldn't charge you until it ships. No NRDs either!

No nrd at bbts? Never knew...whats their shipping like. Do they ship at the same time as SS or do they get it later. As im in the uk.

Well I guess it makes since form a production stand point since they are already making the tuxedo joker they will probably resue some body parts for the Purple joker.

So if this indeed is set to be released in April we will not see it till May and in May they will be show casing the new version for the solo movie. I would not be surprised if they release the Solo WW movie version some time in the Q3 since its basicly the same figure. The only draw back is that if there are any issues with the first version those fixes might not be able to be changed in the new version. and not to mention we are expecting another WW in JL so that 3 in one year

No nrd at bbts? Never knew...whats their shipping like. Do they ship at the same time as SS or do they get it later. As im in the uk.

They get theirs from Sideshow...I think Sideshow typically fills their direct orders before even sending them to BBTS to begin fulfilling theirs...typically people who pre-order from Sideshow seem to have theirs in hand before BBTS even receives their inventory.

They get theirs from Sideshow...I think Sideshow typically fills their direct orders before even sending them to BBTS to begin fulfilling theirs...typically people who pre-order from Sideshow seem to have theirs in hand before BBTS even receives their inventory.

Yeah, but BBTS puts their figures in large boxes with bubble wrap, protecting the shipper. I remember ordering the DX11 for the Grumpy mask & detonator, and they simply slapped a sticker on the shipper and the purple box ended up getting huge gashes on the corners.

But yeah, it arrives a week or so before BBTS.

Considering how long we've had to wait for this, I'd just wait a bit longer for the standalone version. It'll probably have more accessories and be an overall better figure. This release feels almost experimental.

I'm sure there will be a lot more chances to own a Gadot WW if you miss out on this.

Considering how close this figure is going to be released with the WW film, I think this figure and the WW film figure are essentially going to be the same figure with no significant improvements. Same body, same sculpt (likely repainted) and of course a different colored suit and different accessories. I'm also inclined to say WW will be the only figure released from the WW film; I personally don't think HT will spend a lot of time on it with JL right around the corner.

I'm guessing the real improvements will come with the JL version.

Considering how close this figure is going to be released with the WW film, I think this figure and the WW film figure are essentially going to be the same figure with no significant improvements. Same body, same sculpt (likely repainted) and of course a different colored suit and different accessories. I'm also inclined to say WW will be the only figure released from the WW film; I personally don't think HT will spend a lot of time on it with JL right around the corner.

I'm guessing the real improvements will come with the JL version.

I think we'll get a lot more than one figure from the WW movie.
346cf0047c3d48127ca8c5733a44d8e8.jpg

Be very surprised if they don't do an Amazonian version of her as above, at least one villain and Steve Trevor. They've probably had the prototypes done for months now but can't show anything until they finally release the BvS version.

They can still get on with showing most JL stuff. She'll only have one figure from that movie which could get released later than the other 5 league members if they want to allow the WW movie figures longer to sell.

Let's assume the figure is delayed to April, so meaning that HT will announce another new figure for the solo film almost identical to this one in June???

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I think we'll get a lot more than one figure from the WW movie.
346cf0047c3d48127ca8c5733a44d8e8.jpg

Be very surprised if they don't do an Amazonian version of her as above, at least one villain and Steve Trevor. They've probably had the prototypes done for months now but can't show anything until they finally release the BvS version.

They can still get on with showing most JL stuff. She'll only have one figure from that movie which could get released later than the other 5 league members if they want to allow the WW movie figures longer to sell.

I personally wouldn't get my hopes up. When Captain America: TFA released, how many characters would you have said they would have done figures for? Captain America, Red Skull, Star Spangled Man, Rescue Outfit, Bucky, Peggy Carter and Dum Dum Dugan would have been my guesses. Out of those, the first four listed are the ones that got made, with the latter two of those being released a few years after the film. Same with the first Thor film. All that got made was Thor and Odin. You would have thought that Loki would have been a certainty. And the MCU seem to get more figures from their films than what the DCEU does thus far.

If they do make another one from WW, I think it'd just be the villain and that's all. As mentioned, I don't think they'll spend too much time on the film with JL around the corner and I'm not sure if they'll bother revisiting the film again later on, the way they revisited CA:TFA

I seriously wonder what the major delay on this is due to? They must be doing some major reworking to the figure from what the prototype showed.

I seriously wonder what the major delay on this is due to? They must be doing some major reworking to the figure from what the prototype showed.
I think it has to do with the solo movie being around the corner they probably will just make the solo version at the same time and then since they are already in production of the first one just double the parts and repaint the new one .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

It could be almost anything. Personally, I think it's because they had to develop a completely new body.

rats another delay..... :eyeroll:

I bet they re-work the package to denote 'Wonder Woman' movie vs. the BvS tie in

Back