1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, as much as I love the Reeve Superman, this one has so much shelf presence. Overall, HT has done a great job with the DCEU figures.

:exactly:

To me, the only DCEU figure who seems like it might have an iffy sculpt, is BvS WW. Which is saying a lot, because it still looks pretty good in images. They pretty much nailed the likeness on all of their figures, in my opinion. The DCEU figures I think are kicking the MCU's and SW's figures cabooses.

Has there been any reports that the Red on the S symbol looks odd, im looking at my replacement now & the red looks quite weak almost on the verge of pink & not as bright red as in a photo. looks nice & bright in a photo but in hand looks bizarre ?

E0i0wiN.gif

I really wonder how JL version will look. seems costume is almost same and just hair is changed. I think as there is Black Suit rumored. we will get 2 versions. blue with regular head. and black with heat vision. there is a rumor that black superman will be revealed in the end of comic con trailer.

I really wonder how JL version will look. seems costume is almost same and just hair is changed. I think as there is Black Suit rumored. we will get 2 versions. blue with regular head. and black with heat vision. there is a rumor that black superman will be revealed in the end of comic con trailer.

Although part of me would love confirmation of the black suit I hope Superman isn't in any of the trailers. We all know he's coming back. It's how they bring him back and in what form that should be the surprise. Don't waste it in a trailer.

:exactly:

To me, the only DCEU figure who seems like it might have an iffy sculpt, is BvS WW. Which is saying a lot, because it still looks pretty good in images. They pretty much nailed the likeness on all of their figures, in my opinion. The DCEU figures I think are kicking the MCU's and SW's figures cabooses.

Old Man Solo and both Leia figures are the exception and hopefully the start of Star Wars consistently being at that likeness level.

I love the DCEU stuff and have it on top shelf. Can't wait for Harley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna come with a smiling headsculpt.

Is it worth getting a custom cape for this? cant decide. the HT one is clearly a step up from the MOS version but just dont like the look of double layered capes

If anyone has a custom cape share your pics like to see how it looks & lays

Here's my repainted BvS sculpt with heatvision and Jaxon custom cape. This is NOT the eBay sculpt. I painted the eyes and glossed the hair on this one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's crazy, Gipetto! At first, I thought the third pic was a screen cap from the movie for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome job on the sculpt, Gipetto! :clap

The cape looks neat also. I really like the way it sits right in between the rectangular spaces on the shoulders. The only thing I don't particularly like about the cape though is it seems like it's a little too pleated in the way it drapes with the pleats also being a bit too round; more so than what it actually looked in the film.

f80b3841cb3ed71182ef04f769b9d892--comic-superman-superman-movies.jpg

I think the stock cape drapes a bit more accurately myself. I have my Supes posed based exactly on the pose in that image and was able to style the cape to drape/lay pretty much how it does in that image.

That's crazy, Gipetto! At first, I thought the third pic was a screen cap from the movie for comparison.
incredible compliment:thud: thank you Cicada :1-1:
Awesome job on the sculpt, Gipetto! :clap

The cape looks neat also. I really like the way it sits right in between the rectangular spaces on the shoulders. The only thing I don't particularly like about the cape though is it seems like it's a little too pleated in the way it drapes with the pleats also being a bit too round; more so than what it actually looked in the film.

*pic*

I think the stock cape drapes a bit more accurately myself. I have my Supes posed based exactly on the pose in that image and was able to style the cape to drape/lay pretty much how it does in that image.

thanks bud :hi5:

I hear what you're saying about the custom cape drape (that sounds funny :lol). I by no means hate the HT cape. I LOVE it! but I like MOS and BvS figures having different capes just like in the movies. I still have my original BvS cape though to either use for another custom or save and put back on the figure

Does the suit also peel like Batman's? Had mine still unopened since I got it November, too hot and humid here.

Back