1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm being really late to the party. I was able to still get one of these and I must say it's one of the best figures I own. I like his dark blue costume better than the MOS one or the light blue one of the JL prototype. Here's a picture of my figure. What exactly is the fuss about his Superman emblem?
1d73dbb5a6d2143cb19b2ed4045078bb.jpg

Not the glyph itself, but the blue of the suit between the glyph and the collar. It seems the glue used on the collar had an adverse reaction with the suit fabric and created somewhat of a goldish hue to the blue of the suit in this area. I can somewhat see it on yours, but it's not bad at all (like most).

It's really only discernible when you shine a bright white light on it, such as the flashlight of a cell phone. Even then though, it's not that big of a deal to me personally. For others it's worse, but for most, it's barely visible.

Not the glyph itself, but the blue of the suit between the glyph and the collar. It seems the glue used on the collar had an adverse reaction with the suit fabric and created somewhat of a goldish hue to the blue of the suit in this area. I can somewhat see it on yours, but it's not bad at all (like most).

It's really only discernible when you shine a bright white light on it, such as the flashlight of a cell phone. Even then though, it's not that big of a deal to me personally. For others it's worse, but for most, it's barely visible.

Thanks for your explaination SilverStar. I really don't see it on mine. Here's another picture of my current display.
6ede083b68ad3056f485f865060c60b6.jpg

Great display! :clap

See what looks to be a slight goldish tint in the softer fabric of the suit in between the weave pattern?

image.jpeg

I don't think it's the glue, it's because there's tiny gaps in the suit, every other parts of his body as a blue or that metallic shiny material under it, the space between the emblem and his collar doesn't have that, what you're seeing is his skin under the suit - if you poke it you can poke it to her chest, there's nothing behind it, it's just the skin colour appearing through the gaps in the material.

I don't think it's the glue, it's because there's tiny gaps in the suit, every other parts of his body as a blue or that metallic shiny material under it, the space between the emblem and his collar doesn't have that, what you're seeing is his skin under the suit - if you poke it you can poke it to her chest, there's nothing behind it, it's just the skin colour appearing through the gaps in the material.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Damn, now you guys got me worried. My Supes is still in his box (I take him out occasionally to look at him, but don't have space for a shelf for him and my other figures yet). Gonna have to check him out when I get home from work.

Damn, now you guys got me worried. My Supes is still in his box (I take him out occasionally to look at him, but don't have space for a shelf for him and my other figures yet). Gonna have to check him out when I get home from work.

I'll take him off your hands, that way you don't have to worry.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I definitely wish I didn't pass this guy up when he released.
Hopefully some folks look to sell him when the JL version comes out. [emoji1317]

Good to hear. I definitely wish I didn't pass this guy up when he released.
Hopefully some folks look to sell him when the JL version comes out. [emoji1317]

How bad do you want it, lol?
I ordered one from Timcent, but also had the two-pack on order from SS to get Batman with the rifle.

That body does not look right. Are you sure that's the original?

I simply got those images from a post on here, in which that poster got them from Facebook somewhere. So I'm not sure what the body is. It looks like they just repainted it silver so that way the entire body is silver. However, the point was just to illustrate that the effect on the suit for most people isn't merely seeing the skin of the body through the suit, but is actually another issue.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I recently picked up Superman and was wondering if using the stand that he comes with to pose him will damage the suit. I thought I read somewhere on here it might, but I couldn’t find anything. If so, how would I go about getting the crotch stand piece that comes with Batman and Armored Batman? Does that piece have a specific name? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 360296

That's mine. Feel like it's very minor and only noticeable with a light on it.

That's about the extent of it for 90% of them. Only a few have been worse, but not many. The way yours is, I consider that to be fine. Doesn't distract from the figure at all. It's only slightly visible if you shine a bright white light on it or take a flash image. It's not visible under normal lighting. Yours looks exactly like how mine has from day one out of the box when I first received it a year ago.

I can almost guarantee it probably wouldn't even be noticed by a third party unless you specifically pointed it out to them. You notice it simply because you're aware of this minor issue and specifically look for it.

Back