1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm right there with ya. An exclusive Superman went on eBay for $250 about a week ago... it went fast. I'd love one, but I just don't want to pay $300+.

Migh be better off waiting for the Justice league figures to go up for pre-order now. Either to get that version or this one when more people start to sell theirs off at a more reasonable price.

At this point, that's what I would do.

However, even after CW Captain America released and has been available, the AoU version is actually still holding its value and both are pretty high in price.

That surprises me but I'm not really familiar with those Cap figures. I think the BvS Batfleck will hold or increase it's value given the changes to the suit for JL but Superman's suit appears almost identical from the little we've seen so far. The MoS figure dropped in value once the BvS figure was released.

If we get a black suit Superman that could be one of those figures that goes up in value a lot once it's sold out....but maybe I'm wildly over estimating demand for that figure based on my own desire for it. :lol

At this point, that's what I would do.

However, even after CW Captain America released and has been available, the AoU version is actually still holding its value and both are pretty high in price.
AoU Cap has the magnetic shield, right? That had to help with that figure's value.

I do think in general this figure is really underated. It's every bit the equal of the regular Batfleck which gets a lot more hype for obvious reasons I guess. Two of HT best efforts so far, just need WW to complete the display.

I would agree. Batman's suits tend to be a bit more ornate and intricate, whereas Superman's is pretty straight forward. So it's a bit easier for his figures to look impressive. I do think HT seems to overall be doing the best job on their DCEU figures, over the MCU and Star Wars. Not one of them really has a poor likeness. MoS is all pretty spot on (especially Jor-El), BvS is all pretty much spot on, with the exception of WW (the reworked sculpt looks awesome, but I'd still put it as the weakest figure in the line as well as probably their weakest DCEU figure [which is saying a lot]), Deadshot, Harley and the various Joker figures from SS are all pretty much spot on, and the new training armor version of WW looks like it may potentially be the best female figure HT has produced in my opinion.

I would agree. Batman's suits tend to be a bit more ornate and intricate, whereas Superman's is pretty straight forward. So it's a bit easier for his figures to look impressive. I do think HT seems to overall be doing the best job on their DCEU figures, over the MCU and Star Wars. Not one of them really has a poor likeness. MoS is all pretty spot on (especially Jor-El), BvS is all pretty much spot on, with the exception of WW (the reworked sculpt looks awesome, but I'd still put it as the weakest figure in the line as well as probably their weakest DCEU figure [which is saying a lot]), Deadshot, Harley and the various Joker figures from SS are all pretty much spot on, and the new training armor version of WW looks like it may potentially be the best female figure HT has produced in my opinion.
Agree on all counts. Pretty lucky for me that my main collecting focus is the DCEU.

Put Supes on layaway at my LCS today. $249.95
I can't wait to pay him off and add him to my Hot Toys family. I originally thought my MOS Superman would suffice... I'm glad I caved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm...

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1185

IMG_6794.JPG'

IMG_6796.JPG

Saw this the other day on OSK when looking at the Knightmare coat.

I mean...ehhhh? I guess it's o..k. Definitely far from being spot on, but I suppose passable if you're adamant about kitbashing a Luthor. Face looks to be too long.

Yeah. I saw it on OSK earlier this week too... I'll wait for a bald version. I might kitbash a bald one, or wait for Hot Toys to release him from a future film.

I'd rather have a gene hackman version and just pretend.

I don't mean to overly critical but I actually forgot about Luther and this dude who played him in BVS. Not a memorable aspect of the film for me.

I'd take a perry white and a Lois lane before a Luther figure. Amy Adams? Yup. uh huh. Yes.

ok guys chime in with your opinions on this need some input.
Just bought the BVS twin pack bats & supes brand new from shop in UK.
Opened supes first & on inspection there is red paint on the blue piping on the waist are & around the back & what looks like a glue smudge along the same piping its very dull.
Also the S glyph on the chest the outer blue has pitting holes which stands right out, There basically saying any paint issues are not classed as a defect or fault for a replacement ? This cannot be correct for a brand new item to be left with a rubbish paint finish on the suit. has anyone got a replacement for anything like this through sideshow or any other dealers?

ok guys chime in with your opinions on this need some input.
Just bought the BVS twin pack bats & supes brand new from shop in UK.
Opened supes first & on inspection there is red paint on the blue piping on the waist are & around the back & what looks like a glue smudge along the same piping its very dull.
Also the S glyph on the chest the outer blue has pitting holes which stands right out, There basically saying any paint issues are not classed as a defect or fault for a replacement ? This cannot be correct for a brand new item to be left with a rubbish paint finish on the suit. has anyone got a replacement for anything like this through sideshow or any other dealers?

Got any photos?

Back