1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a case i can finally display one of my figures in and I think I want to display Supes next to Bats but I have some concerns about the stand, after long use does it mark the suit at all? or should I just use a stand from something else?
hi, my MOS suit definitely get sticky from the pose and the stand can leave marks on the suit. sadly I won't display my figures that using suit (batman, supes, spidey, etc) in dynamic poses ever again

My MOS Supes ended up with permanent marks and a little peeling of the suit after leaving him on the C clamp for several weeks but plenty of others have reported no long term effects whatsoever. There is no definitive answer. I decided to not take any risks so I'm not using it with my BVS Supes. For one thing I might choose to sell it down the line if future versions are better, I need the figure to hold its value as much as possible.

These are not supposed to be investments...I don't understand why people buy these with the hopes they hold or increase in value.

Also I guess is safe to assume my wait list for the two-pack will never convert, still looks as "submitted" on sideshow for me, but the set is sold out :(

These are not supposed to be investments...I don't understand why people buy these with the hopes they hold or increase in value.

If your a "collector" then it's sort of an investment. If you play with the figures like Barbie dolls then I understand you don't care about it holding value.

Some of these figures absolutely do increase in value. For instance, I paid $275 I believe for the DX11 exclusive when it first arrived for pre order and you cannot get that figure for less than $400-$500 used anymore. Right now I'd say of the newer figures the BVS Batman has a very high demand so you have to figure collectors will pay above that original $235 price tag.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't buy the figure as an investment but long term I have neither the space or money to buy multiple versions of characters from each universe.

Right now I have a Reeve Superman and a Cavil Superman. If the next regular version of Cavil is better than this figure I will buy that and recoup a decent proportion of what I paid by selling this figure.

It's surely in my interests to keep it in mint condition if/when that day comes. If I never sell a figure, by the time this DCEU finished I'd have about 5 versions of each character.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't buy the figure as an investment but long term I have neither the space or money to buy multiple versions of characters from each universe.

Right now I have a Reeve Superman and a Cavil Superman. If the next regular version of Cavil is better than this figure I will buy that and recoup a decent proportion of what I paid by selling this figure.

It's surely in my interests to keep it in mint condition if/when that day comes. If I never sell a figure, by the time this DCEU finished I'd have about 5 versions of each character.

Thats only a bad bad thing if you make it so.

Thats only a bad bad thing if you make it so.

It's not a bad thing if you have a ton of space to display them and a lot of disposable income. I have neither.

I'd rather have one great version for each iteration of these characters and the odd variant figure, armoured bats, black suit supes etc. That will allow enough space to squeeze in Terminator, Ghostbusters, BTTF etc instead of my collection being too super hero dominant.

I'm doing the same. I have both MoS and BvS Supes, but BvS Supes is going to be the last Cavill Supes I get for awhile. I'll be passing on the JL one because the suit looks like it's going to essentially be the exact same suit as the BvS suit. What I believe wil be the main selling point for the figure, is it will once again presumably be sporting an entirely brand new fabricated sculpt, being that he's again going to be sporting a different hair style. However, being I don't intend on getting many other JL figures from the JL film (if any), he will be out of place. Despite being a die hard Superman fan, I probably won't even get the potential black suited, "back from the dead" version because I'm attempting to avoid falling into the trap of getting too many variants of one character.

What I'll do is just wait for MoS2 because I imagine the suit will at least be a little different by then, and at the very least, they will recycle the same sculpt they use on the JL figure, so I won't miss out on that sculpt. Possibly even feature another brand new sculpt, which would be even better. I'd in that case get Supes and most likely whoever the villain is in MoS2.

BttF II Marty and Doc are coming out this summer, so I think I'd rather put my money towards those to avoid having a collection that is too superhero based, like you said. BttF II is my favorite BttF film, so I'd really like to have those two. I also don't have a Yoda in my SW collection, so I'd like one of those too.

I'm doing the same. I have both MoS and BvS Supes, but BvS Supes is going to be the last Cavill Supes I get for awhile. I'll be passing on the JL one because the suit looks like it's going to essentially be the exact same suit as the BvS suit. What I believe wil be the main selling point for the figure, is it will once again presumably be sporting an entirely brand new fabricated sculpt, being that he's again going to be sporting a different hair style. However, being I don't intend on getting many other JL figures from the JL film (if any), he will be out of place. Despite being a die hard Superman fan, I probably won't even get the potential black suited, "back from the dead" version because I'm attempting to avoid falling into the trap of getting too many variants of one character.

What I'll do is just wait for MoS2 because I imagine the suit will at least be a little different by then, and at the very least, they will recycle the same sculpt they use on the JL figure, so I won't miss out on that sculpt. Possibly even feature another brand new sculpt, which would be even better. I'd in that case get Supes and most likely whoever the villain is in MoS2.

BttF II Marty and Doc are coming out this summer, so I think I'd rather put my money towards those to avoid having a collection that is too superhero based, like you said. BttF II is my favorite BttF film, so I'd really like to have those two. I also don't have a Yoda in my SW collection, so I'd like one of those too.

I'm going to pass on the next round of figures. Love this BvS figure but its too bulky (as is the Batman figure imho) .

Why? the knock offs are garbage.

Unless rubbish is what you like to display on the shelf.

Some knock offs are workable with some customization. Since there are no knock offs of BvS Superman or Batman I don't think you can say they are garbage. I doubt any knock off would be as good as the originals but that doesn't mean they are garbage. Besides, not every collector buys figures to display.

Hi guys,

just want to share some of my photos:
ae5fdu.jpg

v7sdtz.jpg

Why? the knock offs are garbage.

Unless rubbish is what you like to display on the shelf.

They can pull off simpler things like with the Bane knockoff. Most of the parts there were near identical (apart from the headsculpt), but yeah, I don't think I see any knockoff company pulling off something with rubberised suits anytime soon.

And frankly, when the knockoffs start cracking past 100-120 USD, it's not really worth cheaping out at that point.

I'm going to wait to see what the JLA Superman looks like, If the same or close to BVS Ill pick him up. if Not I'm sure BVS Sups will go down when the JLA figure comes out and Ill pick him up.

I'm going to wait to see what the JLA Superman looks like, If the same or close to BVS Ill pick him up. if Not I'm sure BVS Sups will go down when the JLA figure comes out and Ill pick him up.

even though I like the krypton rock exclusive, I'm thinking theyare going to have a heat vision sculpt with the next one. he will only improve, black and blue for jl

I think I'm going to keep the BvS one, skip the JL and go for the MoS2 Supes and get that and whoever the villain is in MoS2. The JL one potentially including a heat vision sculpt isn't enough to get me excited about it, as it wouldn't be anything that isn't already available for both BvS and MoS Supes. You can already purchase a few different types of heat vision sculpts for both respective figures.

Back