1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys what do you think. I have 2 extra heads of this figure it will be nice if I had a body too. Of course this figure is new now and price is higher but after some months people will start to sell on ebay and in groups . I have seen some bodies on ebay for 160$ from Malaysia . body with costume and boots , NO HANDS . Where is the best place to looking for it?

:goodpost: Agreed!

The saving of the shuttle/plane was a superb scene, and the visual of Superman lifting the Kryptonite Island was stunning... however that's about it for positives!
Bosworth was terrible casting as Lois, and the kid was a huge mistake! James Marsden wasn't needed at all, and didn't like Parker Posey's Otis replacement. Perry, Jimmy and Lex were all cast superbly, however Kevin Spacey was left to do a poor parody of the Real Estate obssessed Gene Hackmann instead of giving us a proper Luthor! Routh himself was great as Clark and OK as Superman, but I don't think that was his fault, as much as how he was directed... and of course, his costume was awful!
The idea of making it a sequel to Superman II wasn't a mistake, but the movie WAS.
agree totally.

Agree with everything that was said on the entire previous page regarding SR, especially the half Kryptonian kid.

I do think making it a vague sequel to Superman and Superman II was also a mistake though. For this generation, many have never seen the Reeve Supermans, and probably never will. Even before MoS, I felt Superman needed to be introduced from scratch to this generation and reimagined to fit with and be more relatable in today's world and society amid everything that's going on with the times.

Each actor in each role I felt was essentially told to just copy their respective characters from the preceding films.

Now rebooting Ghostbusters with all new characters and essentially telling Ghostbusters fans that the 80's films never existed, that's a different story. :lol

Hmmm. Reeves looks great on this.
df090539a4b11e297946addd0779e23f.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Guys what do you think. I have 2 extra heads of this figure it will be nice if I had a body too. Of course this figure is new now and price is higher but after some months people will start to sell on ebay and in groups . I have seen some bodies on ebay for 160$ from Malaysia . body with costume and boots , NO HANDS . Where is the best place to looking for it?

I think you talked about the same guy I got mine - coolqueenyc - if it is, the body do come with hands. I did win an auction at 158.

I agree, Superman Returns has some very good scenes but I think making a sequel to the 70's movies was a mistake.
Routh is passable as an actor but he lacks charisma and I hated the Superman costume, terrible design.
The lack of action, the kid and the peeping Superman scene were more mistakes.
I had a good enough time watching it but both MOS and BSV are better Superman films and Cavill is a better Superman.

I loved SR for the longest time and used to really enjoy all those Donner homages people complain about... but I tried rewatching it again recently and it just felt painfully dated and tired and small in scope-- especially after having gotten used to the edgier and much more epic MOS and BvS.

Those new movies may have their flaws and not get everything right, but I've really come to prefer their style and approach to the character a lot more.

That said though, I do still love the suit and casting in SR, and, yes, even Bosworth as Lois. And it has some really great visuals in it. And Lex's kicking and stabbing of Superman at the end is still one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in a superhero movie.

For some reason I could never get past the costume...the tight neckline on the shirt just made it not Superman to me... I normally am not nit picky about that kind of stuff either but it almost felt like having Batman in a domino mask with pointy ears (a la Catwoman) instead of a cowl. The shirt took me right out of the movie and into " have they never seen a Superman comic book?" mode.

Was not a fan of the SR costume either. I wasn't a fan of the smaller S glyph on his chest and I thought the suit in general went overboard with the S's all over it. His belt buckle, the backs of the heels on his boots and the texture of the actual main S glyph on his chest was made up of dozens of microscopic S's.

Yeah it was much more of a sleek and streamlined kind of look, and perhaps a bit overly stylized, but I thought Routh still made it work pretty well. And I guess I'm one of the few who thought they actually made the trunks look really good.

routh.jpg

Would one of these BVS head sculpts look okay on my MOS figure or is the size going to be an issue?

I'm resisting buying the full BVS figure since we'll be getting the Justice League version by 2018, two figures if they give us the black suit version to (fingers crossed they do).

Back