1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the idea from AngryJoeShow; if they wait for like 3 or 4 movies more, have Wonder Woman movie, Aquaman movie, and maybe Flash movie, follow by Justice League where they trow in Doomsday and kill Superman, we will have an emotional scene where the whole Justice League morning the lose of their comrade.

But it was a tremendously emotional scene as is with Batman and WW mourning the loss of their new ally who demonstrated the type of bravery and courage that both thought didn't exist in makind anymore, who was being held in the arms of his loved one as they both watched her mourn for him.

I do like the idea from AngryJoeShow; if they wait for like 3 or 4 movies more, have Wonder Woman movie, Aquaman movie, and maybe Flash movie, follow by Justice League where they trow in Doomsday and kill Superman, we will have an emotional scene where the whole Justice League morning the lose of their comrade.

Sorry but that's just a bunch of predictable clichés.
Some fans feel the need to put everything in little boxes so they can make sense of things.
Good thing they're (usually) not writers.

actually why even bother.

27% rotten.

44/100 metacritic.

6.9 imdb.

I'll just let it be.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we will get third-party made exclusive items down the line. Star-Lord exclusive orb and cuffs are $30. Just needs patience from the collector.
Even the exclusive battle damaged Mk43 helmet is for sale from third-party.

No sense paying $70 for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Exactly. After BvS came out, I rewatched Superman Returns for the first time in years... It was better than I remember it being. For whatever faults it has, it does have a lot of heart. Portrays the world's adoration towards an established Superman very well.

In BvS most of the movie drags on about how people hate and fear him, questioning if he should even be here. That anti-Superman theme felt neverending, and all of a sudden he dies and people mourn him? The only one that was shown to care about him as Superman was Lois, even Martha encouraged him to take off the suit for good.

Doomsday should have appeared several movies down the line, perhaps after the JLA face Darkseid and he is held in high regard by everyone. The love and adoration that is shown in SR is what is needed to make his death have impact, and it was completely absent in BvS. Doomsday and his death were completely wasted. Seems like even the studio views it with impatience, already planning MOS 2.

I'm a big fan of superman returns. As far as I'm concerned it's all one acid trip comic read. I sit with my BVS sup figure and play the John Williams soundtrack. I don't care. It's all good.

Civil war by the way did have consquence. It altered the other wise straightforward relationship between the two main heroes. iM and Ca will never be the same again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed Routh in SR and admired how they were attempting to portray the character, but I don't think it did a very good job at reintroducing Superman in today's society and introducing him to a new generation; Singer took the safe route and just copied what worked in 1978 for the time, even right down to the plot of the film.

That being said, it still has my favorite Superman rescue (the airliner) and my favorite Clark to Superman transformation (elevator).

So, from what I glean from the last two pages of posts:

- Civil War/MCU movies sucked because there weren't/aren't any serious consequences.
- DCEU/BvS had consequences happen too early in the storyline.
- The consequences that BvS had sucked because Superman is going to come back to life anyway.

No wonder these filmmakers have a difficult time getting these films "right".
indeed.
it's just getting impossible to please us. lol

First member of the Trinity arrived!

f9d5cc2b08f2d8d95efb1ac6ec044fda.jpg

cd06519f9b55726a21031108688f3aa0.jpg

508243efde5513421889192f931588a0.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I enjoyed Routh in SR and admired how they were attempting to portray the character, but I don't think it did a very good job at reintroducing Superman in today's society and introducing him to a new generation; Singer took the safe route and just copied what worked in 1978 for the time, even right down to the plot of the film.

That being said, it still has my favorite Superman rescue (the airliner) and my favorite Clark to Superman transformation (elevator).

I agree.
Personally, I reckon it's the best Superman movie i have ever seen or ever will see. He has a humanity that no other movie has ever shown. Some scenes with Reeve came close, but not as well as Routh did.
There's a guy on Facebook working on a good Routh sculpt right now. It will be great to finally upgrade my HT sculpts to that one.

I agree.
Personally, I reckon it's the best Superman movie i have ever seen or ever will see. He has a humanity that no other movie has ever shown. Some scenes with Reeve came close, but not as well as Routh did.
There's a guy on Facebook working on a good Routh sculpt right now. It will be great to finally upgrade my HT sculpts to that one.

Username, can you provide the Facebook link. I, too, enjoyed SR but the movie needed much more action and a better villain than Spacey's campy Luther.

I agree.

Yeah, I liked a lot of his lines in it.

Being that it was a vague sequel to Superman and Superman II though, I don't think it did a very good job at introducing him to a new crowd/generation as mentioned. The only ones that SR would appeal to I think would have been people who had seen and were fans of Reeve's films; it wouldn't appeal to nor accumulate any new Superman fans from today's generation the way MoS did.

Username, can you provide the Facebook link. I, too, enjoyed SR but the movie needed much more action and a better villain than Spacey's campy Luther.

The person who's working on the sculpt is actually a member here as well named Waruna Welingamage. He's a really awesome and nice guy. He's on a bit of a superman kick right now as he's sculpted Eisenberg Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons Alfred, Amy Adams Lois and is working on Cavil Clark Kent. Now Routh Superman.

Here's a link to his thread for the Routh sculpt:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...randon-routh-super-returns-ww-wip-update.html

Last edited:
I enjoyed Superman Returns at the time, but it fails at doing everything it set out to do. Following off from the Reeve films and introducing the character to a new audience.

I like Brandon Routh and he does what he can in the role following in Reeve's foot steps, and though the film has some really cool moments, it fails to stand on it's own and yeah...it feels like Routh is cosplaying Reeve Superman. I like Routh as Atom, but his career might have been better had they just rebooted back then.

I really like what Cavill brings. He has that strong "Superman" look and he gives us a very human Superman. The films give us a more intimate look at Superman as a character, his humanity rather than focusing on how the world worships him. I also like how he makes his own decisions and arrives at his own conclusions rather than listening to what ever his parents tell him to do. We see that innate goodness in him.

I enjoyed Superman Returns at the time, but it fails at doing everything it set out to do. Following off from the Reeve films and introducing the character to a new audience.

I like Brandon Routh and he does what he can in the role following in Reeve's foot steps, and though the film has some really cool moments, it fails to stand on it's own and yeah...it feels like Routh is cosplaying Reeve Superman. I like Routh as Atom, but his career might have been better had they just rebooted back then.

I really like what Cavill brings. He has that strong "Superman" look and he gives us a very human Superman. The films give us a more intimate look at Superman as a character, his humanity rather than focusing on how the world worships him. I also like how he makes his own decisions and arrives at his own conclusions rather than listening to what ever his parents tell him to do. We see that innate goodness in him.
indeed. SR instead of expanding, it's shrinking and went into a bottle neck. it just a repeat of what been done and no development on superman at all (even though he returned from krypton... he learned nothing).

on the other hand, MOS, we know a lot about clark kent, his personality and preference... and he is very macho... (particularly like the scene where he and his mother watching the Zod message in the TV in smallville. ) and MOS & BvS gave superman development and expand on his universe...

I agree, Superman Returns has some very good scenes but I think making a sequel to the 70's movies was a mistake.
Routh is passable as an actor but he lacks charisma and I hated the Superman costume, terrible design.
The lack of action, the kid and the peeping Superman scene were more mistakes.
I had a good enough time watching it but both MOS and BSV are better Superman films and Cavill is a better Superman.

I agree, Superman Returns has some very good scenes but I think making a sequel to the 70's movies was a mistake.
Routh is passable as an actor but he lacks charisma and I hated the Superman costume, terrible design.
The lack of action, the kid and the peeping Superman scene were more mistakes.
I had a good enough time watching it but both MOS and BSV are better Superman films and Cavill is a better Superman.

:goodpost: Agreed!

The saving of the shuttle/plane was a superb scene, and the visual of Superman lifting the Kryptonite Island was stunning... however that's about it for positives!
Bosworth was terrible casting as Lois, and the kid was a huge mistake! James Marsden wasn't needed at all, and didn't like Parker Posey's Otis replacement. Perry, Jimmy and Lex were all cast superbly, however Kevin Spacey was left to do a poor parody of the Real Estate obssessed Gene Hackmann instead of giving us a proper Luthor! Routh himself was great as Clark and OK as Superman, but I don't think that was his fault, as much as how he was directed... and of course, his costume was awful!
The idea of making it a sequel to Superman II wasn't a mistake, but the movie WAS.

Back