1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll share new pics when my new TM cape comes in & my repaint is done šŸ˜†

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues with the stand clamp messing up the suit? I know there was a few people that had problems in that regard with the MOS Superman.

Has anyone had any issues with the stand clamp messing up the suit? I know there was a few people that had problems in that regard with the MOS Superman.

Too soon for that i think.
Most people also Will probably not do it because of What happened to MOS.
Anyway i think its the same risk here.
Suit is thinner than MOS also.

I'll share new pics when my new TM cape comes in & my repaint is done ļæ½ļæ½

What repaint are yu doing, suit?

I like the mod! plan to try it myself.

Cool buddy :)
Wich mod, the MOS silver body/BVS rib mod or the BVS/MOS leg swap mod?
If i can i Will try to do some extra add ons parts for interested fellow freak.

Btw anybody bought a jaxxon cape?
Im really tempted as its wired and Tony is still not making his wire version available.

Last edited:
Only thing I'm repainting is the chest emblem. Already got the base coat on to take out the black outlines now I wait til cape gets here to make sure final coat matches. That with the heat vision sculpt and TM spear....one rocking a** figure

Too soon for that i think.
Most people also Will probably not do it because of What happened to MOS.
Anyway i think its the same risk here.
Suit is thinner than MOS also.

What repaint are yu doing, suit?

Cool buddy :)
Wich mod, the MOS silver body/BVS rib mod or the BVS/MOS leg swap mod?
If i can i Will try to do some extra add ons parts for interested fellow freak.

Btw anybody bought a jaxxon cape?
Im really tempted as its wired and Tony is still not making his wire version available.

Going to try the leg swap mod first. How did you do it? I am also tempted to get the Jaxxon cape.

Dammit! I need this!!

Do you think he's still selling it? Got a link or anything? I try to avoid eBay as much as I can.

I really need to own this movie as well. Definitely need to watch it again..and again....and again....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to try the leg swap mod first. How did you do it? I am also tempted to get the Jaxxon cape.

First be carefull when yu remove the BVS suit, tha cape is inside the chest and is blocked by a clip inside.
Remove as much as yu can of the suit from the body and once yur blocked because of the cape either yu cut it inside if yu can reach it by going trough the shoulder or just cut it from where it Comes out of the body.
Since i ws planning to get a custom cape i didnt care about the hot toys cape.
But if yu cut it well yu Will have no problem to put it back in, just like tony installes his suits (well hot toys copied his technique lol).
Its up to yu.

If yu decided to continue here is what for yu for next.
Remove the rubber muscular add ons from BVS thighs (you Will glue them back on MOS thighs later)
Yu have to remove the rubber around the pelvis, it detaches from under, its glued together and i think also to the pelvis.
Warm it up it Will help. Once its open, warm it up again so yu can move it up on the abs ( its not necessary to remove it completely ) to have access to the screws of the pelvis. Remove the two screws. And remove the pelvis back part.
Here there is two options, either yu can remove the legs from the pelvis without difficulties from the BVS body and yu just swap the legs and not the full pelvis and legs (on my BVS body some glue seems to block me from just swapping the legs only).
If yu cant just for that just swap the whole pelvis and legs from MOS to BVS.
Of course keep each pelvis rubber cover to their respective body (BVS is silver MOS is not).
Dont forget to put back BVS knee joints and ankles (to keep the silver thing going on) and also to glue back the muscular BVS thighs on MOS thighs.
Keep yur hairdryer next to yu, its helpfull for removing the rubber parts (also when yu Will resuit yur BVS warm it everywhere with the hairdryer it Will help it being tighter and fit the body better.

Oh yeah final touch not really needed but hey might as well do it right.
The BVS thighs add ons dont cover the back of MOS thighs nor the big ball like articulations that connect the legs to the pelvis, so yu can paint them silver to keep everything coherent.

Final final touch , i m using long feet pegs on my BVS.
It gives better proportions and reduces the folds of the boots ankles.
And is closer to MOS height

If yu have any question pm me :)
Take yur time and when in doubt take a pause dont rush in :)

I talked to jaxxon, and i find his cape very cool but still not sure.
He refining it, i might try tho sinƧe its the only wired cape available and with Pleats.
Could be decent and probably 3 times cheaper than Tonys :(

Only thing I'm repainting is the chest emblem. Already got the base coat on to take out the black outlines now I wait til cape gets here to make sure final coat matches. That with the heat vision sculpt and TM spear....one rocking a** figure

Cant wait to see how the chest repaint Will look.
And the rest too :)

Last edited:
I really need to own this movie as well. Definitely need to watch it again..and again....and again....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered it from their website!

Just in case you missed the post that provided the link by the awesome Libby1957Dog:

https://www.tdoslwh.com/

Scroll all the way down for their physical edition if that's what you want. It's what I got.

Thanks for sharing customizing tips! These are all really good ideas!
Superman meets Thor.jpg

Thanks for sharing customizing tips! These are all really good ideas!
View attachment 276257

HAHAHA awesome.

I do wish Thor was a bit taller, though. I'm considering getting this Thor, AoU or CW Cap and the cheapest HT Iron Man figure I can find (damn, all the Iron Man figs are at least $250-$300) so I can have them face off against BvS Supes, BvS Wonder Woman and a DKT Batman (sorry, I like the DKT suit over the BvS suit).

HAHAHA awesome.

I do wish Thor was a bit taller, though. I'm considering getting this Thor, AoU or CW Cap and the cheapest HT Iron Man figure I can find (damn, all the Iron Man figs are at least $250-$300) so I can have them face off against BvS Supes, BvS Wonder Woman and a DKT Batman (sorry, I like the DKT suit over the BvS suit).

Like a little something like this??

Just wanted to repost my pic :D

Waiting on the MK45, Cw cap, BvS batman and WW, and a couple of more avengers...

I got an awesome diorama planned...

I tried the BVS body on a MOS suit and the silver of the body also shows with the MOS suit.
The BVS body is too bulky to be used as is on MOS suit tho but one thing from the BVS suit would look awesome on the MOS figure.
The ribs muscles add on.
I removed all the soft rubber add ons from the BVS body (forearms, thighs, ribs) as im planning to make copies to use for future custom superheroes projects(once done i Will just reglue them on).
I have a mos body and suit around so i tested the rib muscle from the BVS body and it looks great.
MOS Supes was leaner but still muscular and ive always found the rib muscles to be missing from the figure.
That area ws Way too smooth. With the add on ribs it looks great.
Im going to paint my MOS body silver and put the rib add on copy im going to make, should be quite cool.
Fun times ahead :)

Nice to hear that the MOS suit is somewhat transparent. I've been meaning to do that same thing (paint the body silver) ever since I did it to my Faora just haven't had time. Glad someone wen through he trouble before I had to :lol :hi5:

Nice to hear that the MOS suit is somewhat transparent. I've been meaning to do that same thing (paint the body silver) ever since I did it to my Faora just haven't had time. Glad someone wen through he trouble before I had to :lol :hi5:

;)
Would love to see yur faora :)

Like a little something like this??

Just wanted to repost my pic :D

Waiting on the MK45, Cw cap, BvS batman and WW, and a couple of more avengers...

I got an awesome diorama planned...

It'd be cool to see a CW set up with a few of the CW figures, and then add in DCEU characters to each side (Cap and IM) according to which side you think that particular DCEU character would be on based on their beliefs and ideals.

Or have members of the Avengers and JL facing each other.

Back