1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on receiving your figure. Sorry to hear though that you're not entirely pleased with it. I know you were really excited for it, so to be honest, I feared that once you did receive it, there would be something on it that you didn't like. I hoped that wouldn't be the case.

If you want my honest opinion though, I think your figure is fine. Though if there is something that bothers you, it doesn't hurt to contact SSC (as you did) and simply inquire about it. I can relate though with regards to the most minuscule of blemishes bothering you; especially when it's a figure that you really like and you essentially want it to be perfect in every aspect. Though honestly, I don't think I can say I've ever received a figure that was just utterly perfect in every way. Near perfect, yes. The key is to just not let it consume you.

Thank you bro. Yes I was waiting him like a mad. As we saw lots of flaws on this release I was really scared. (cape,costume,symbol) If it was another character it would be OK but as this was superman I wanted ''near perfect'' one. Seems most figures have same eye,but I have seen some without it. lol. Hot Toys should make translucent boxes to see how actual figure looks. It will help a lot.Thank you for kindness and understanding. I'm still happy with my purchase and he looks perfect from 2 metres distance lol but if SS will help somehow I will be really pleased.

Enjoying this one a lot...

Sorry to hear yours had issues, JorjeCroft...but as SilverStar17 said (paraphrasing here)...no figure is "perfect"...it's tough when it's a character/figure you've really been looking forward to and it shows up as less than expected.

I've learned to temper my expectations over the years of collecting these...yes, it's not cool when something shows up with a real defect or something missing...but as for the quality...every company seems to have their quirks and issues.

I hope you get your issues with this one resolved...or at the very least can manage to enjoy the one you got. Here's hoping Wonder Woman hits the hoped-for mark (looking forward to seeing that myself).

In the meantime, I'm digging this one the way it is...

Cool photos! The lighting really brings out this figure's details, especially in the suit.

Great photos, jedibear! :clap

Spot on also about no figure is absolutely perfect and how to go about handling it. With just about every one of my figures, I can go through each one and point out the smallest of blemishes that I know are there. However, at the same time, there's a lot of things also on them that are perfect on mine, but I've noticed is a blemish on others. So as long as it's nothing major, I enjoy the one I got because if I try and get a replacement, it's entirely possible it may have another defect on it somewhere else that bothers me more than what the first one did; especially if you're buying it new in the box still. You never know what you'll pull out to find. So if you have a figure with just one little relatively unnoticeable blemish and everything else on it is near perfect, I'd consider yourself lucky and just take the money and run, so to speak.

jedibear
You are right... As those figures are mostly hand made/painted there always will be some flaws. So we have to live with them . lol

SilverStar17

Twice I tried to get replacement and I got even worse copies :D I would never do this again.

When dealing with hand made, 12" dolls/figures, I don't think anything is going to be utterly spot on, 100% blemish free. There's obviously some things that are going to be worse than others, but I believe there will always be something you can find if you study it long enough that you're not going to particularly like.

For instance, my Supes has a small spot of some sort of translucent substance on the suit pattern on his rear end and the leg joints I think are a bit too stiff when moving them outward. They do move, but it takes some force. Neither bother me though. The spot sort of blends in with the suit when you look at it long enough and even then, it's on his arse and therefore, covered by the cape. The stiff leg joints don't bother me because I'm not going to be putting him in any crazy dynamic poses anyway that would require the legs to be far stretched and constantly moving them. Also, between having too loose or too stiff of joints, I'd personally take the latter. Despite those two things, there are a lot of things on mine that I feel are perfect: No blemishes in the paint on the sculpt or the neck, I think the way the cape sits at the shoulders on mine is perfect as compared to others I've seen, everything appears to be symmetrical, no apparent snags on the cape, etc. Because of those things, I'm keeping the one I have. I wouldn't want to run the risk of getting a new replacement and potentially have one of the things I love about the current figure, be compromised on the next.

The more I see this side by side with the Man of Steel figure there are a lot of little differences I like better on this version. If I didn't have the original I'd consider picking it up but the Man of Steel figure has a pretty low resell value it seems like.

The more I see this side by side with the Man of Steel figure there are a lot of little differences I like better on this version. If I didn't have the original I'd consider picking it up but the Man of Steel figure has a pretty low resell value it seems like.

I still think the MoS ver is a nice figure. But straight outta the box without mods, it's definitely the weaker of the two. Also, he IS way taller than just about every other figure of his ilk and scale. BvS version has technically improved on the MoS figure in about every category...well, HS wise is debatable...some like the first version better and vice versa.

Even though this version is shorter than the MoS figure, he's still a much beefier figure than most...and still taller than most. I have him side by side with AoU Thor, who I considered to be a tall (rightfully so) figure, and BvS superman is still taller! Well, not by much, but it's noticeable.

HT figs in general don't have the resell value like it used to. As much as I love the BvS superman, I think you'll be able to find it cheap(er) in a few months. But given how much figures usually go for nowadays, I think superman is on the "affordable" side to begin with.

Pull the trigger man. Do it. It's an awesome figure that's just about perfect without the necessity of extreme mods to bring out its...perfection. You won't be disappointed.

When dealing with hand made, 12" dolls/figures, I don't think anything is going to be utterly spot on, 100% blemish free. There's obviously some things that are going to be worse than others, but I believe there will always be something you can find if you study it long enough that you're not going to particularly like.

For instance, my Supes has a small spot of some sort of translucent substance on the suit pattern on his rear end and the leg joints I think are a bit too stiff when moving them outward. They do move, but it takes some force. Neither bother me though. The spot sort of blends in with the suit when you look at it long enough and even then, it's on his arse and therefore, covered by the cape. The stiff leg joints don't bother me because I'm not going to be putting him in any crazy dynamic poses anyway that would require the legs to be far stretched and constantly moving them. Also, between having too loose or too stiff of joints, I'd personally take the latter. Despite those two things, there are a lot of things on mine that I feel are perfect: No blemishes in the paint on the sculpt or the neck, I think the way the cape sits at the shoulders on mine is perfect as compared to others I've seen, everything appears to be symmetrical, no apparent snags on the cape, etc. Because of those things, I'm keeping the one I have. I wouldn't want to run the risk of getting a new replacement and potentially have one of the things I love about the current figure, be compromised on the next.

TRUE, but as I don't collect HT in general I have not experiences. I have only Superman collection and few other figures. I was so sensitive about this cz I wanted this figure most. But nothing bad happened he looks still amazing, nothing is visible if you are not going to take macro photos. problem was in me,cz I love everything symmetrical :D lol but now I think I can live with that. Thank you. :hi5:

DSC_0884.jpg

TRUE, but as I don't collect HT in general I have not experiences. I have only Superman collection and few other figures. I was so sensitive about this cz I wanted this figure most. But nothing bad happened he looks still amazing, nothing is visible if you are not going to take macro photos. problem was in me,cz I love everything symmetrical :D lol but now I think I can live with that. Thank you. :hi5:

View attachment 275864

Just remember Jorge, his eyes aren't mistakes or anything. It's replicating the look of the actor, who also doesn't have anything wrong. His eyes are shaped in a way that makes it look like his eyeballs aren't symmetrical.

Another actor off the top of my head that had the same issue is Russell Crowe. This one is debatable. But the way I see it, it's the shape of the eyes yet again.

I've seen some people with actual lazy eyes. It's real unfortunate.

Just remember Jorge, his eyes aren't mistakes or anything. It's replicating the look of the actor, who also doesn't have anything wrong. His eyes are shaped in a way that makes it look like his eyeballs aren't symmetrical.

Another actor off the top of my head that had the same issue is Russell Crowe. This one is debatable. But the way I see it, it's the shape of the eyes yet again.

I've seen some people with actual lazy eyes. It's real unfortunate.

hah right Russell Crowe shares same type of eyes. thank you buddy <3:hi5:

Back