1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many others, I too have been contemplating picking up another one of these, it's an awesome figure. However, I'm in no hurry to at the moment. As mentioned, I speculate that the price on these will go down in a few months or so.

90bfa689f288a1e9bf8cb859d42a5533.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This sculpt to me kind of most resembles the scene when he was regenerating after taking the blast from the nuke. Very cool.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I tried the BVS body on a MOS suit and the silver of the body also shows with the MOS suit.
The BVS body is too bulky to be used as is on MOS suit tho but one thing from the BVS suit would look awesome on the MOS figure.
The ribs muscles add on.
I removed all the soft rubber add ons from the BVS body (forearms, thighs, ribs) as im planning to make copies to use for future custom superheroes projects(once done i Will just reglue them on).
I have a mos body and suit around so i tested the rib muscle from the BVS body and it looks great.
MOS Supes was leaner but still muscular and ive always found the rib muscles to be missing from the figure.
That area ws Way too smooth. With the add on ribs it looks great.
Im going to paint my MOS body silver and put the rib add on copy im going to make, should be quite cool.
Fun times ahead :)

Question time,
Before i started modding my BVS figure i was not able to put the legs really close together to make a classic flying pose.
At first i tought it was because of the muscular add ons on the legs but even after removing them i couldnt get them close.
I swapped BVS legs with those i had from MOS (with BVS add ons of course)and now i can do this.
image.jpg
Can you guy do the same with yur right out of the box figure, maybe i got a défective one.
(Maybe even if they are using MOS body as the base the molds were slightly different still).
Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
I think it might be the pelvis rubber piece that's making it spring back. Mine does that too. Compare the bodies and see if MOS has the same size pelvis as the BVS. I'm thinking there might be extra rubber just between the thighs.

I think it might be the pelvis rubber piece that's making it spring back. Mine does that too. Compare the bodies and see if MOS has the same size pelvis as the BVS. I'm thinking there might be extra rubber just between the thighs.

Both pelvis are the same size and when i removed the rubber covering the pelvis doesnt change anything.
Actually What yur seeing is MOS pelvis and thighs (with BVS muscular add ons) on BVS body.
Its probably something different inside the big ball joint of the BVS body where the legs attach to that make it impossible to get them to be closer.
Or a slight diifference in the sculpt of the top inner thighs...
Thanks man for the confirmation i was affaid my BVS was défective and i did that mod for nothing ^^

While modding the bodies and all i discovered how the abs area are put together on all muscular bodies (MOS terminator bane...) its a rubber part that slides. Good to know just in case :)

I would cut/sand the crotch grabber to fit the stand hole and glue (not too much in case yu wanna remove it)
Less complicated, cheaper than modifying the stand itself.

I tried the BVS body on a MOS suit and the silver of the body also shows with the MOS suit.
The BVS body is too bulky to be used as is on MOS suit tho but one thing from the BVS suit would look awesome on the MOS figure.
The ribs muscles add on.
I removed all the soft rubber add ons from the BVS body (forearms, thighs, ribs) as im planning to make copies to use for future custom superheroes projects(once done i Will just reglue them on).
I have a mos body and suit around so i tested the rib muscle from the BVS body and it looks great.
MOS Supes was leaner but still muscular and ive always found the rib muscles to be missing from the figure.
Im going to paint my MOS body silver and put the rib add on copy im going to make, should be quite cool.

Question time,
Before i started modding my BVS figure i was not able to put the legs really close together to make a classic flying pose.
At first i tought it was because of the muscular add ons on the legs but even after removing them i couldnt get them close.
I swapped BVS legs with those i had from MOS (with BVS add ons of course)and now i can do this.
View attachment 276140
Can you guy do the same with yur right out of the box figure, maybe i got a défective one.
(Maybe even if they are using MOS body as the base the molds were slightly different still).

if its not too much trouble can you post a photo of the nude MOS and BVS superman bodies side by side for comparison? thanks.

Already resuited BVS body sorry.
MOS is now missing the arms as im using them for my t800 custom.
When ill recast some parts maybe.

My Supes is here! Absolutely badass figure. I love the MOS Superman but you guys are right. This thing is even better.

The ribs muscles add on.

Question time,
View attachment 276140

I like the mod! plan to try it myself.

Back