1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking figure for sure...mine arrives on Monday; that Chris Reeve figure is pretty sweet too!

Here he is next to the DCC Armored Batman statue...the scale is not bad at all.
bvs2.jpg

the statue looks awesome- is it that good??

I have to say, for DCC, it's a damn good statue. For me, the face paint apps are a bit pinkish (but not to the point of distraction like the Superman one) and the half-twisted pose is a little awkward, but it's easily the best of the three they made. Love the base. The cape is surprisingly well done too.

That statue is pretty cool.

Got the figure today. .. no time for any pictures yet, but I strongly echo the good sentiments in here...really a nice step up from the MOS figure (still enjoy that one a lot ).
Really like the collar and cape treatment this time around...The shield is larger and attached better and the figure is topped off with one damned impressive portrait. Love the expression. ..no pained grimace or anything over-emotive, just a hint of eye - arresting sterness to stop one in their tracks. Can't stop admiring this work...really good.

I'm a HUGE Henry Cavill fan and I've been wanting a Superman figure for quite a while, but I have one concern; does the head sculpt look better in hand? It looks pretty off in some pictures I've seen and I want to know before I purchase it.

I'm a HUGE Henry Cavill fan and I've been wanting a Superman figure for quite a while, but I have one concern; does the head sculpt look better in hand? It looks pretty off in some pictures I've seen and I want to know before I purchase it.

Typically lots of headsculpts look better in hand strangely enough. Probably has something to do with either perception because a person has two eyes, which means two lenses, whereas a camera has one. OR, because having it in hand, meaning you're not looking at a static picture does help bring out the likeness more. All speculation btw.

However, what you see in pictures IS what you get. Having it in hand doesn't magically "change" anything to make it a more accurate figure...know what I mean?

It looks bang on for me as well as many here who have bought it. If you're iffy about it, well don't forget, JL is right around the corner. There WILL be another superman. Unless HT recycles this sculpt (like they've been doing for a couple of marvel figures)...good or bad, that's for you to decide.

Got mine this morning.
Beautiful work but im not completely sold.
Something bothers me with the hs but i cannot pinpoint What, the nose? The eyes? Or maybe i just dont like the hair look... Dunno...
Also guys be carefull of the armpits.
The little cushion were sticking with the suit.
Wont be surprised that the suit could fuse with the arms suit part if kept too close.
Avoid that.

I replaced the shprt pegs for some longer MOS feet pegs and he looks great.
Less pit Bull short on his legs.
Funny how they were inspired by Tony for the cape. Lol

Got mine this morning.
Beautiful work but im not completely sold.
Something bothers me with the hs but i cannot pinpoint What, the nose? The eyes? Or maybe i just dont like the hair look... Dunno...
Also guys be carefull of the armpits.
The little cushion were sticking with the suit.
Wont be surprised that the suit could fuse with the arms suit part if kept too close.
Avoid that.

I replaced the shprt pegs for some longer MOS feet pegs and he looks great.
Less pit Bull short on his legs.
Funny how they were inspired by Tony for the cape. Lol
Yea I plan to put the longer pegs in mine also. How much trouble did u have separating top if boot from suit

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Now that I've had a chance to really look at him....

...I'm really sold on it. Really beautiful figure. Like I said in my initial thoughts, I still like the MOS version, but this is such a step forward. Reminding me a bit of the Thor-Dark World figure...that one was also a huge leap forward in quality compared to the earlier version.

My only nit is with the stand...I wish they would include a shorter post with a crotch-grabber as an alternative, I do enjoy displaying him in the "floating" pose, but really hate the way the clamp pushes the cape to look a bit hump-like in the back...plus I'm concerned with the clamp damaging the suit if it is displayed hanging there too long. But these are minor things...really like this one...can't wait for the Knightmare Batman to display with him...

I dislike that about the stand also.

I really like the BvS base, but dislike how the only option is the c-clamp stand. I don't like it for the same two reasons you gave (cape hump and potential suit damage). The AoU Vision base featured the ability to use both a c-clamp and a crotch grabber stand and hoped the same would be the case with this base.

Very much looking forward to completing the trinity as well as adding Armored Batman.

My bad boys standing on his own yo! **** the stand!

Just kidding, it is a cool looking stand. I just wish it didn't take up so much space haha.

He does stand very well on his own. I attribute at least part of that to the ankle joints having seemingly limited articulation, so there's not much play in them. A lot of the joints in general on my figure are pretty firm, the legs in particular. I have mine standing on just a generic, plain oval crotch grabber stand though in the pose he was in from the trinity screen shot in the film. Like you said, the stock base is pretty spacious; it turned out to be a bit larger than I anticipated. I thought at first, from what it looked like, the BvS bases were going to be roughly the same size as the standard sized bases HT has seemingly moved towards now. (AoU, Civil War, GotG, etc.)

I may have to settle for plain oval crotch grabber stands unfortunately on all of the figures for space reasons. Shame, because I really do like the BvS bases.

Typically lots of headsculpts look better in hand strangely enough. Probably has something to do with either perception because a person has two eyes, which means two lenses, whereas a camera has one. OR, because having it in hand, meaning you're not looking at a static picture does help bring out the likeness more. All speculation btw.

However, what you see in pictures IS what you get. Having it in hand doesn't magically "change" anything to make it a more accurate figure...know what I mean?

It looks bang on for me as well as many here who have bought it. If you're iffy about it, well don't forget, JL is right around the corner. There WILL be another superman. Unless HT recycles this sculpt (like they've been doing for a couple of marvel figures)...good or bad, that's for you to decide.

Thanks! I probably will end up purchasing it.

Back