1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I probably will end up purchasing it.

I'm confident you'll like it very much. If by any chance you're still iffy, OR once you have it in hand and are not completely satisfied, well as I mentioned in my reply to you, there's always the JL version. But be forewarned, word has it he will have longer hair. And if anyone remembers the death and return of superman, he sported a black outfit, but came equipped with a-depending on who you ask- badass mullet.

Will and can cavil pull of a mullet? We'll just have to wait till next year. I don't see it. His forehead is a bit too high for that. He'll literally look like a shot gun totin' hill billy.

I'm confident you'll like it very much. If by any chance you're still iffy, OR once you have it in hand and are not completely satisfied, well as I mentioned in my reply to you, there's always the JL version. But be forewarned, word has it he will have longer hair. And if anyone remembers the death and return of superman, he sported a black outfit, but came equipped with a-depending on who you ask- badass mullet.

Will and can cavil pull of a mullet? We'll just have to wait till next year. I don't see it. His forehead is a bit too high for that. He'll literally look like a shot gun totin' hill billy.

LOL, here's Henry with long hair when he was younger:

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_lx7e2cfq1g1r7kqr8o1_r3_500.jpg

Yea I plan to put the longer pegs in mine also. How much trouble did u have separating top if boot from suit

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Boots top are very thin, they are not glued tho.
They kinda stick to the suit naturally i guess.
I warmed them with a hairdryer to help them unstick and remove them.
Be gentle.

I agree with you on the mullet thing lol The only man I think can pull off long hair is Chris Hemsworth. I really don't want to wait until 2019 to get a Superman, assuming that the "normal" superman is back by then. Thanks again for your help!

He does stand very well on his own. I attribute at least part of that to the ankle joints having seemingly limited articulation, so there's not much play in them. A lot of the joints in general on my figure are pretty firm, the legs in particular. I have mine standing on just a generic, plain oval crotch grabber stand though in the pose he was in from the trinity screen shot in the film. Like you said, the stock base is pretty spacious; it turned out to be a bit larger than I anticipated. I thought at first, from what it looked like, the BvS bases were going to be roughly the same size as the standard sized bases HT has seemingly moved towards now. (AoU, Civil War, GotG, etc.)

I may have to settle for plain oval crotch grabber stands unfortunately on all of the figures for space reasons. Shame, because I really do like the BvS bases.

The ankle are regular hot toys ankles but they are really tight in the feets.
When i removed the boots, i checked the feet pegs and they were so tight that i tought they were fixed/glued/part of the feet but no.
Since i changed my pegs for longer ones they are more articulated.
Maybe just swapping with generic normal pefect pegs Will work too.
The orginal pegs are translucents.

Nobody has the sticky armpits ?
I keep on cleaning them but they keep being sticky.
MOS had the same problem but yu had to wait for a while.
Annoying.

Really a shame hot toys did not deliver a red eyes sculpt.

Finally got Supes in the mail and all i can say is wow. In hand this figure is amazing!!!!!!! CAn't wait for bats

Nobody has the sticky armpits ?
I keep on cleaning them but they keep being sticky.
MOS had the same problem but yu had to wait for a while.
Annoying.

Really a shame hot toys did not deliver a red eyes sculpt.

Mine didn't have sticky armpits, but he had that problem on his back around the cape slot. It cleaned off pretty easily.

Mine didn't have sticky armpits, but he had that problem on his back around the cape slot. It cleaned off pretty easily.

Keeps coming back on mine.
Used hot water same thing.
Have a second on its way Will see how it goes.
But its very bad.
Keep an eye on them.

While i was it i checked the body pain in the ass to open the suit even with the zip
And i would to say a big TOLD YOU SO to those who busted my balls when i said early on that the base body was the same as MOS body.
Here is the break-down.
MOS body with new bigger shoulders, muscular add on forearms, ribs and thighs and shorter feet pegs.

Last edited:
No sticky armpits on mine from what I can tell. I've moved the arms around a bit and there doesn't seem to be any sticking action at the arm pits, nor did the little foam inserts from the box fuse to them and leave any sort of residue.

The only thing with mine he is seems to have some sort of small translucent glue (what looks to be) spot on his rear end on the right:

image.jpg image.jpg

Doesnt really bother me though for two reasons: It's on his rear end and obviously is covered by the cape. Two, it's only discernible the most when you shine a light on it; when looking at it normally, it sort of blends in with the rest of the suit if you study it long enough. I'm sure if it bothered me though, I could probably clean it off anyway if I really wanted to.

Finally got Supes in the mail and all i can say is wow. In hand this figure is amazing!!!!!!! CAn't wait for bats

Congrats. And totally agree. I am a big fan of the MOS figure, but this one is a lot better. From the suit material (which helps articulation) to the larger frame body. This thing is impressive. Plus I really dig the bases they have for these. Pretty great figure.

Yes Motuxmen, I was against hot toys and their prices but this was worth the purchase.

They are not cheap for sure. It's a lot to pay for a collectible/toy/figure/doll whatever you want to call them. But for me, I think the price is worth what you get. But I'm also a statue collector and I do custom statues in my down time. So I see a raw 1/6 statue (not painted or even assembled) and they can cost 200 and up. Then you compare it to premium format from ssc or even Bowen or XM statues and the quality for hot toys is equal, or in most cases better, and they are articulated and have swap out items at times. Even those limited in articulation like Batman or Superman or Vision are still far more dynamic them any statue. So for me, while the cost isn't cheap, I think they have good value for MY money.

But I can see why others would be unwilling to drop hundreds of dollars on one figure.

Back