1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the appeal of TDK trilogy suit. It's practicality serves a purpose in its real world approach. Whereas BvS, it was just balls to the wall comicbook and went full ham on its aesthetics. Both are great and is most likely why Batman is still relevant today because of his many different incarnations. IMO one does not trump the other. Burtons Outfit was more fit for its "fairytale" like setting. Nolans with his real world approach, and finally snyders gritty comicbook.

As of right now I still prefer Bale in the first two movies, I never count TDKR. I'm interested to see Affleck's Batman out of Snyder's paws in the solo movie, maybe I'll like him a lot more then.

I can see the appeal of TDK trilogy suit. It's practicality serves a purpose in its real world approach. Whereas BvS, it was just balls to the wall comicbook and went full ham on its aesthetics. Both are great and is most likely why Batman is still relevant today because of his many different incarnations. IMO one does not trump the other. Burtons Outfit was more fit for its "fairytale" like setting. Nolans with his real world approach, and finally snyders gritty comicbook.

:goodpost:

All very good designs that work in their individual settings.

As of right now I still prefer Bale in the first two movies, I never count TDKR. I'm interested to see Affleck's Batman out of Snyder's paws in the solo movie, maybe I'll like him a lot more then.

I don't know how you felt about BvS (I loved it)...but word has it he's amazingly awesome in suicide squad.

Really? I think the BvS costumes are way more old style than the ones in TDK trilogy. The standard suit in particular is very retro, and even the armoured version has a classic look to it. The Bale suits were more modern day military stuff.

It's ironic too because as mentioned, Affleck's Batman is more of a comic book approach and Bale's is more of a real world approach, but I personally think Cavill's Superman is more of a real world approach to Superman.

It's ironic too because as mentioned, Affleck's Batman is more of a comic book approach and Bale's is more of a real world approach, but I personally think Cavill's Superman is more of a real world approach to Superman.

Especially so in BVS. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both in MoS and BvS equally, in my opinion. :duff

Yeah. MOS was more "family" related and BvS tackled the political and religious aspects. Man I loved both of those movies! I think Cavill has a Reeve level Superman in him when they finally give him the chance. Reeve was a different Superman for the time, but Cavill is perfect for this one. I really hope WB pulls together an amazing team for the next MOS film. Meaning writing and directors.

I'd have liked to see Cavill's Superman meet Bale's Batman. Based on that image someone posted recently, the two figures look great together so I'll finally have my World's Finest shelf. MOS figure never looked right next to TDK Batman.

Yeah. MOS was more "family" related and BvS tackled the political and religious aspects. Man I loved both of those movies! I think Cavill has a Reeve level Superman in him when they finally give him the chance. Reeve was a different Superman for the time, but Cavill is perfect for this one. I really hope WB pulls together an amazing team for the next MOS film. Meaning writing and directors.

Both Supermans are indeed appropriate for their times and I greatly enjoy both. However, I feel Cavill's Superman is a lot deeper, has more layers to him and is more complex while not deviating from the character's general core and ideals in my opinion, which I find more interesting. Reeve's Superman was pretty straightforward, which as mentioned, was for the most part appropriate for the time.

I'd have liked to see Cavill's Superman meet Bale's Batman. Based on that image someone posted recently, the two figures look great together so I'll finally have my World's Finest shelf. MOS figure never looked right next to TDK Batman.

Same here. Even though I think Affleck is turning out to be the best portrayal thus far, I thought tying him in with TDK universe initially made the most sense because if they were going for a Batman who was weathered and beaten down, TDK films were perfect prequels to show how Batman came to be in that state. However, they wouldn't have been able to use The Joker again, due to Heath Ledger. So if they wanted to use The Joker and use a new angle for him, they probably had to introduce a new Batman for this universe.

That's where I'm at. It's also why I wanted MoS to be in the same universe as TDKT. I think it could have worked. Of course, it wouldn't have hurt to have Bale's Batman a little more like the comics. It could be done and still believable in a real world sense.

Being new to this forum I just have to say, You Guys Are Awesome.

From being up to date on posting new collectibles and opinions, to movie reviews and theories, I just love coming to this forum.

I said for me.because I don't like those style of costumes. power rangers :D

I wouldn't quite say that. It looks more practical and tactile.

I love afflecks because its more comic book than ever. And still looks badass as all f u c k

It would have been interesting, but the problem is Nolans universe is firmly set in reality. So it wouldn't have completely worked.

Both Supermans are indeed appropriate for their times and I greatly enjoy both. However, I feel Cavill's Superman is a lot deeper, has more layers to him and is more complex while not deviating from the character's general core and ideals in my opinion, which I find more interesting. Reeve's Superman was pretty straightforward, which as mentioned, was for the most part appropriate for the time.

Problem is we don't see his hopeful side enough. I genuinely think Cavil could be the best portrayal of Supes yet, but he's hindered by Snyders directing sensibilities. Only showing glimpses of the Cavils great potential

Back