1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is we don't see his hopeful side enough. I genuinely think Cavil could be the best portrayal of Supes yet, but he's hindered by Snyders directing sensibilities. Only showing glimpses of the Cavils great potential

I realize that some people may not have seen it and/or disagreed with the way it was presented, which is fine, but I personally saw his hopeful side in the film. To me, it's actually the emphasis of BvS and is at the forefront of the film. It rescued Batman and ultimately ended up being the catalyst for the creation of the JL.

Problem is we don't see his hopeful side enough. I genuinely think Cavil could be the best portrayal of Supes yet, but he's hindered by Snyders directing sensibilities. Only showing glimpses of the Cavils great potential

I recently had my wife watch Superman Returns, and after a while she said "You don't really get to see him be a hero like this in the newer movies".

Fingers crossed release date in US is 10th of June

off topic but barbie continues line from BvS. this doll is SDCC exclusive costs 80$. kinda expensive when there are HT figures for 200$
13266913_281426345531702_1621274896_n.jpg

I recently had my wife watch Superman Returns, and after a while she said "You don't really get to see him be a hero like this in the newer movies".

The angle of DC movies have changed somewhat. Like other Superman movies we still got that segment in BvS where he saves people, but this time it's under the his own contemplation if he should even be doing it. It was nice realistic approach and different so I still loved it. I've always been about experiencing something different. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The angle of DC movies have changed somewhat. Like other Superman movies we still got that segment in BvS where he saves people, but this time it's under the his own contemplation if he should even be doing it. It was nice realistic approach and different so I still loved it. I've always been about experiencing something different. [emoji16]

Some folks are fans, but I just don't like Snyder's interpretation of him. I hope I'll enjoy JLA, but right now I'm not digging the DCU. My opinion might change once some non-Snyder directed DC movies are out. Cavill has great potential.

I loved Supes in MoS, but in BvS the character just regressed. I'm still a massive fan of Cavill's Superman, but BvS turned him into a bit of a joke.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Some folks are fans, but I just don't like Snyder's interpretation of him. I hope I'll enjoy JLA, but right now I'm not digging the DCU. My opinion might change once some non-Snyder directed DC movies are out. Cavill has great potential.

My friends and I are all die hard comic book fans and I'm the minority in my love for both the MCU and DCU movies so far. Lol

DCU has a small problem : there is no UNIverse but one big mess. Marvel did it slow and with care. DC and Warner have taken too many shortcuts.

My friends and I are all die hard comic book fans and I'm the minority in my love for both the MCU and DCU movies so far. Lol

I've enjoyed the MCU quite a bit, several are among my all time favorites. I loved Man of Steel, and I'll always hold the first two Nolan films in high regard.

DCU has a small problem : there is no UNIverse but one big mess. Marvel did it slow and with care. DC and Warner have taken too many shortcuts.

I agree, though I've learned those are fighting words with some fans lol. BvS has caused more arguments and insults than anything else I remember. Say you didn't like BvS on Facebook and suddenly you're the village idiot that only understands kiddy Marvel movies.

I meant that in the DCU too many things are disconnected. Movies, tv shows , web. It's not a UNIverse ; heroes are not in the same reality... Think Flash,Arrow,DarkKnight,MOS,Smallville and so on.... Like I said : one big mess.

I get you. They just wanted to get a bunch of titles and names out there without taking the time to make it fit together

Marvel is heading that same direction... they can say it's connected and the same universe all they want, but when there's an unwillingness to crossover it doesn't matter much. If Daredevil is never going to meet Spidey and team up against Kingpin, or Frank Castle never encounter Cap, they might as well belong to different studios.

I meant that in the DCU too many things are disconnected. Movies, tv shows , web. It's not a UNIverse ; heroes are not in the same reality... Think Flash,Arrow,DarkKnight,MOS,Smallville and so on.... Like I said : one big mess.

DC actually has the greatest potential to be great with their expansive Multiverse mythology if only they allowed everything to co-exist.

Inside the DC Comics mythology, the sci-fi concept of alternate realities existing as parallel earths has been one of the main characteristics of their superhero universe since the silver age.

I wouldn't quite say that. It looks more practical and tactile.

I love afflecks because its more comic book than ever. And still looks badass as all f u c k

It would have been interesting, but the problem is Nolans universe is firmly set in reality. So it wouldn't have completely worked.

Absolutely, some fans can't take any criticism of BvS. the movie portrayed a dour supes. He didn't even seem happy saving people. That said, I liked the movie. Hopefully, Synder will soon end his involvement with supes after the JL movies.

I get you. They just wanted to get a bunch of titles and names out there without taking the time to make it fit together

Marvel is heading that same direction... they can say it's connected and the same universe all they want, but when there's an unwillingness to crossover it doesn't matter much. If Daredevil is never going to meet Spidey and team up against Kingpin, or Frank Castle never encounter Cap, they might as well belong to different studios.

I agree that DC made poor choices in letting TV create a univers entirely seperate to the Movie universe, however I also agree with your point about the Marvel TV universe – they keep telling us that everyone exists in the same universe but they won't cross them over. They could have used this to great effect with Spiderman - they could have had bits about his sightings dotted through the last Daredevil series – but the way he was shoehorned into CW was poor to me, he was obviously added after the fact, due to Disney securing the rights to use him. Shame because they got him pretty much spot on in the movie.

You are right but you are nitpicking now...[emoji57][emoji6] and all you said COULD still happen. In the DCU we have right now (if considered as a whole) they are trying to make it ALL happen because they started late! Not considering all movies and tv shows that do not fit in the actual DCU...
They should have taken their time to do things properly. We would have love them more....

Someone mentioned June 10th as a date earlier in the thread. I'm not sure what distributor they were referring to though.

However, Ultron Prime released in HK the last week of April I believe it was, which was 4 weeks ago, and is now shipping at SSC as of today. Superman released on Friday of the following week in HK (3 weeks ago from today) so June 10th or shortly after sounds about right for his arrival in the States. I haven't received a two week notice of impending arrival email from SSC yet, so if people start perhaps receiving them later today, June 10th would be the earliest.

Back