1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my eyes are bleeding what is written there? bigger photo?

:lol I tried to make it bigger but it won't let me. Just explains that JC Hong confirmed that there is a new sculpt and it was a mistake on Hot Toys part or something with taking the picture

I asked JC Hong earlier today about the sculpt this is what he said.

Screenshot_2016-04-09-20-58-41.jpg

''Hot Toys made a mistake when they took a photo. I made new head sculpt and sent it to Hong Kong, the license has already been approved. It will be releasing with new head sculpt. Don't worry''
J.C.Hong

STUPID HOT TOYS

Yes he just confirmed again on one of his fb post there is a new headsculpt so chill out guys. Seriously.. It's just a toy after all. View attachment 257726

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol a toy that costs a good amount of money. Pretty sure all of us work hard for our money and rather not be disappointed in what we get but I am glad to see that's not the case. :clap

Hello my fellow collectors

if I ordered the exclusive double pack from Sideshow and cancel the Superman figure, will the Batman and the head cowl cancelled as well?
Thanks

If you ordered, the two pack, you can't cancel one without cancelling both. The two pack is a single item with both figures shipped in a single box.

There's always the option not to get it. :)

Indeed. It is what it is, so you simply either get it if you like it, or you don't if you don't like it. However, there's also nothing wrong with one being relieved that they are indeed getting what has been advertised on a figure that they were looking forward to, which is what caused them to want to get it in the first place.

Lol, sure there's nothing wrong to be worried initially and then relieved. I just find it amusing some posters rage at an unreleased product like it was something really personal.

Besides they had already showcased a new headsculpt before so logically speaking it was highly improbable they will return to using the mos sculpt on the finished product.

Anyway with the clarification, everyone can finally put their mind at ease. :)

what if hot toys made the mistake on production scale and just forgot to us JC Hong's new head sculpt ?

I.AM.SO.GLAD.

this is all it had to take. A word from someone within the company, be it a spokesperson or manager, to quell the fears of many. See how simple that was?

THATS ALL IT HAD TO TAKE. Did the whining continue?? NO! It immediately stopped, and once this good news reaches more concerned fans, the whining over there will stop as well. So whoever said the *****ing will happen no matter what...WTF do you have to say now?!

Granted JC Hong didn't take the initiative to address this issue, but he answered a fans direct question about it. He didn't avoid it like some people would, or give a generated answer or say "I can't answer this question at this time".

When we get upset when no explanation is given, it isn't about privilege or entitlement. There's more to it than that. It's frustration born out of wanting to feel we fans are important to those involved with any company. That we're not just sheep that'll buy whatever they throw at us. Speaking for myself, I like HT. I've supported them for MANY years. I started collecting when I was in my early twenties and have continued collecting into my mid thirties. They're a big part of my life because they've given me high end collectibles of my favorite heroes and villains. And when a company does right by its fans, they're the good guys and we always root for the good guys. Not all good guys are spotless...and oooh boy are HT NOT spotless. But amidst all the mud, they still have good qualities. it's when they give us the silent treatment, that's when $#!+ hits the fan.

When we feel a slight tinge of betrayal, we want to know what is happening. We want to know why. We want to know if they're doing what we think they're doing. So naturally we ask questions, only to be met with silence. We grow concerned, ask even more questions and are left ignored. HT giving us the silent treatment and pretend nothing is wrong, We inevitably get angry.

It isn't nerd rage. People tend to confuse that with passion. It's the passion of fans coming through our reactions. We want our concerns and feelings to reach SOMEONE of significance within the company so hopefully it will be taken care of, or at the very least, addressed. It's the silence we find the most infuriating. There is whining and there's constructive criticism, another thing many have easily confused with one another. But in this particular case...it's neither. All we're doing is asking a question..."what is going on here?" The fact that many were upset about this mistake before it was a mistake, shows our dedication to HT. if we weren't fans, there wouldn't be this kind of backlash! When other companies come up short, we wouldn't give it a seconds notice, usually followed by "will wait for HT version". And when it comes to HT, we anxiously wait to see what they've got cooking. We know the quality they're capable of and want them to strive for the quality they're known for.

People shouldn't fault us for reacting the way we did. Mistakes like this have NEVER happened in Their upcoming release photos. Before it was known to be a mistake, given HT history, what we see in those photos is what we get. And IT'S EXACTLY WHY we reacted the way we did. Thanks to JC, our fears have subsided.

I.AM.SO.GLAD.

this is all it had to take. A word from someone within the company, be it a spokesperson or manager, to quell the fears of many. See how simple that was?

THATS ALL IT HAD TO TAKE. Did the whining continue?? NO! It immediately stopped, and once this good news reaches more concerned fans, the whining over there will stop as well. So whoever said the *****ing will happen no matter what...WTF do you have to say now?!

Granted JC Hong didn't take the initiative to address this issue, but he answered a fans direct question about it. He didn't avoid it like some people would, or give a generated answer or say "I can't answer this question at this time".

When we get upset when no explanation is given, it isn't about privilege or entitlement. There's more to it than that. It's frustration born out of wanting to feel we fans are important to those involved with any company. That we're not just sheep that'll buy whatever they throw at us. Speaking for myself, I like HT. I've supported them for MANY years. I started collecting when I was in my early twenties and have continued collecting into my mid thirties. They're a big part of my life because they've given me high end collectibles of my favorite heroes and villains. And when a company does right by its fans, they're the good guys and we always root for the good guys. Not all good guys are spotless...and oooh boy are HT NOT spotless. But amidst all the mud, they still have good qualities. it's when they give us the silent treatment, that's when $#!+ hits the fan.

When we feel a slight tinge of betrayal, we want to know what is happening. We want to know why. We want to know if they're doing what we think they're doing. So naturally we ask questions, only to be met with silence. We grow concerned, ask even more questions and are left ignored. HT giving us the silent treatment and pretend nothing is wrong, We inevitably get angry.

It isn't nerd rage. People tend to confuse that with passion. It's the passion of fans coming through our reactions. We want our concerns and feelings to reach SOMEONE of significance within the company so hopefully it will be taken care of, or at the very least, addressed. It's the silence we find the most infuriating. There is whining and there's constructive criticism, another thing many have easily confused with one another. But in this particular case...it's neither. All we're doing is asking a question..."what is going on here?" The fact that many were upset about this mistake before it was a mistake, shows our dedication to HT. if we weren't fans, there wouldn't be this kind of backlash! When other companies come up short, we wouldn't give it a seconds notice, usually followed by "will wait for HT version". And when it comes to HT, we anxiously wait to see what they've got cooking. We know the quality they're capable of and want them to strive for the quality they're known for.

People shouldn't fault us for reacting the way we did. Mistakes like this have NEVER happened in Their upcoming release photos. Before it was known to be a mistake, given HT history, what we see in those photos is what we get. And IT'S EXACTLY WHY we reacted the way we did. Thanks to JC, our fears have subsided.

Very true. This isn't a matter of a tiny inaccuracy or a minute detail that is missing or off by a millimetre. It was potentially false advertising for a figure that would cost me around $300 Australian. As I'm getting all the exclusive goodies I may have kept my preorder, but I would still be pissed.

At least it's been cleared up.

Back