1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the body for this figure compare to the MoS version? Does it look too small for a Superman build/size?

A nice touch was "Kal-El Clark Joseph Kent".
It explains Joe...

I thought that was cool as well. I also presumed that's where he got the name "Joe" in MoS.

How does the body for this figure compare to the MoS version? Does it look too small for a Superman build/size?

Well I don't think anyone can say for sure being that it hasn't been released yet, so they don't have it in hand, but I would presume that the BvS Supes will likely be slightly shorter (the MoS line was a bit large) and a bit beefier. He was a bit bigger (muscular wise) in BvS.

I know a lot of people state that the MoS figures are a little on the taller side for 1/6 scale (which I would agree), but I personally like the size of them.

I always thought it was pretty fitting to have Supes tower over everyone else.

Still want the new figure, despite my feelings towards the film. If he looks good in the final product photos I will almost certainly go for it. I also absolutely love the BvS bases. Is that a bad reason to buy? :lol

I thought that was cool as well. I also presumed that's where he got the name "Joe" in MoS.

Well I don't think anyone can say for sure being that it hasn't been released yet, so they don't have it in hand, but I would presume that the BvS Supes will likely be slightly shorter (the MoS were a bit large) and a bit beefier. He was a bit bigger (muscular wise) in BvS.

I know a lot of people state that the MoS figures are a little on the taller side for 1/6 scale (which I would agree), but I personally like the size of them.

I always thought it was pretty fitting to have Supes tower over everyone else.

Still want the new figure, despite my feelings towards the film. If he looks good in the final product photos I will almost certainly go for it. I also absolutely love the BvS bases. Is that a bad reason to buy? :lol

In a strange twist...the MoS superman release looks to be about Batmans height...Affleck is a huge man! Cavill said in an interview and was taken aback at how tall and huge Affleck is. He's meant to tower over cavill.

So...I dunno, I always felt MoS supes was too tall. It'll be kinda funny if BvS supes is shorter than MoS supes...considering how they're the same character. But I think they'll HAVE to do that I order to show how much taller batmans supposed to be.

And starsceam...IMo you should get it. I loved the movie, and it's a chance to finally have the beginnings of the JL on your shelf. Be a part of history.

In a strange twist...the MoS superman release looks to be about Batmans height...Affleck is a huge man! Cavill said in an interview and was taken aback at how tall and huge Affleck is. He's meant to tower over cavill.

So...I dunno, I always felt MoS supes was too tall. It'll be kinda funny if BvS supes is shorter than MoS supes...considering how they're the same character. But I think they'll HAVE to do that I order to show how much taller batmans supposed to be.

And starsceam...IMo you should get it. I loved the movie, and it's a chance to finally have the beginnings of the JL on your shelf. Be a part of history.

Wait , what? Why is Batman supposed to be bigger/taller than Supes? It doesn't make sense.

Wait , what? Why is Batman supposed to be bigger/taller than Supes? It doesn't make sense.

In real life, Affleck is like 6'4". Henry cavill is 6'1".

In casting Ben as batman: Zack Snyder wanted batman to look imposing and physically intimidating. He also wanted superman to literally look up at batman. Although batman is human and in a straight up confrontation stands No chance against superman...Snyder wanted to convey that batman is still not someone to take lightly nor underestimate. He wanted that contrast and by casting an actor that's physically bigger than cavill was his visual way of doing that.

And one more thing to add...

From pics I've seen of prime 1 studios 1/2 statues of batman and superman, they did JUST that. Superman isn't as tall as batman and they scaled it perfectly. I only hope HT pulled that off and didn't go for their usual idealized version of characters I.e. Headsculpts that capture the essence of the actors, but aren't exactly accurate...which leads to facial sculpts that are symmetrical when the actors faces are asymmetrical, heights of certain characters that don't match with the actors actual height, such as blade and wolverine.

Nonetheless, these figures look awesome and I am frothing at the mouth to have them ASAP.

And one more thing to add...

From pics I've seen of prime 1 studios 1/2 statues of batman and superman, they did JUST that. Superman isn't as tall as batman and they scaled it perfectly. I only hope HT pulled that off and didn't go for their usual idealized version of characters I.e. Headsculpts that capture the essence of the actors, but aren't exactly accurate...which leads to facial sculpts that are symmetrical when the actors faces are asymmetrical, heights of certain characters that don't match with the actors actual height, such as blade and wolverine.

Nonetheless, these figures look awesome and I am frothing at the mouth to have them ASAP.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on what it is exactly they scale the heights of these figures after. Some people say it's based on the height of the actors portraying them, others say it's based on the height of the character they're portraying. I'm also not sure if they simply scale the figures within the rest of the figures in a particular line. For instance, measuring the height of MoS Supes as it compares to say a Predator figure (two completely different lines), and judging how accurate they are or off they are, while conversely, he may be in scale with Jor-El and Zod from the MoS line.

Pretty sure the guy he stabbed and impaled on the wall with his own knife wasn't walking away from that one way though

It was only through the shoulder. The guy should have lived. He definitely killed the guy with the minigun during the Batmobile chase and another with the Batwing.

From secret base FB page image.jpg

I think he's the same height as well but I don't know if it's me or is this one bigger and proportioned than the MOS? I personally love this

It's most likely the same body but who knows if they will change it before release.

I wish he had more muscle definition printed on the suit. In the movie it looks more like shiny latex with the muscles printed on it.

I'm slowly coming to this head sculpt but still want to see a better close up. So far I'm still liking the MOS more but I can be persuaded once the final product is release.

Hopefully he fits in the detolf in a similar pose levitating like that.

Back