1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am mostly likely just going to keep the man of steel figure as I see no need for another superman.

I love the film and can't wait for the ultimate cut bluray and figures. Hoping they have some more figures at SDCC like a Black Zero Bruce Wayne in s running pose running toward smoke. That shot in the cinema was amazing!

9c06c23f144b5823e98e96b325a5ff53.jpg

Did anyone post this secret base pic yet?

Superman HS looks like it's been tweaked. Or am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the MOS head that keeps popping up at shows. I wonder if the DOJ head is being tweaked though...

You could be right. That's interesting that between the secret base photos and wondercon it's the old man of steel sculpt.

My only gripe with the DOJ sculpt is the irritated appearance. If it were more neutral like the Prime 1 sculpt it would be great.

is it possible that we will be TROLLED and released figure will have sculpt like this ? :| I'm scared now. they reason why I pre ordered him was head. I already have MOS
p.s. but as we can see Batsy has old body too.
p.ss. I think Supes' costume need some modifications at especially underwear location. it looks somehow baby pyjama as one piece.

its it possible that we will be TROLLED and released figure will have sculpt like this ? :| I'm scared now. they reason why I pre ordered him was head. I already have MOS
p.ss. I think Supes' costume need some modifications at especially underwear location. it looks somehow baby pyjama as one piece.

No, I'm certain its gonna be an all new sculpt. The only difference is how close it will look to the proto.
Hot Toys have released the usual where it looks pretty much like the prototype. But they have also surprised people by having something look better or worse than the proto.

The Batman looks like the updated version. I like the body...definitely a big improvement.

its it possible that we will be TROLLED and released figure will have sculpt like this ? :| I'm scared now. they reason why I pre ordered him was head. I already have MOS

I believe that is the new Bats body...

He doesn't really. Only in a dream sequence. He does use the speargun to shoot a few dudes and fling them around, but other than the always present weapons on the car and the plane, he uses his own weapons(I don't count a gun used to fire inanimate objects, lol).

:exactly:

The only scene I recall him actually "killing" was the dream sequence. I don't think I would count that. Even then, the guy was literally fighting for his life in that scene in what he was imagining to be a dystopian, apocalyptic society that was now run by Superman and his strike team.

Go in with an open mind and ignore the haters. I really enjoyed it; especially Batman.

Exactly. Don't form your opinion about a movie you have never seen based on the opinions of others; their opinions are no more or less valid than the next person. Go in and see for yourself, disregarding what anyone else said.

I'm not sure when that secret base picture was taken, but you can rest assured that the BvS Supes will not have the MoS sculpt. His hairstyle alone was completely different from MoS, so they won't simply just reuse the MoS sculpt on the BvS figure. It's possible that they are simply tweaking the BvS sculpt and using the MoS sculpt as a placeholder again.

No, I'm certain its gonna be an all new sculpt. The only difference is how close it will look to the proto.
Hot Toys have released the usual where it looks pretty much like the prototype. But they have also surprised people by having something look better or worse than the proto.

The Batman looks like the updated version. I like the body...definitely a big improvement.

I would be really disappointed if released one will be really off from Photo, I'm Henry Cavill fan and really like it, even hairstyle it really epic. I know most people prefer MOS but... MOS stock image sculpt is much more detailed than released one. but kinda looks similar. hope they will not ruin him this time. cz I don't live in USA and this money is really good money in my country and I did a lot of documents for Sideshow to let me pre-order him. I signed the contract :| it would be better option if I canceled my order and ordered after actual photos,but I'm sure exclusive one will be sold out soon.

This is true.

Generally, I think production sculpts don't look quite as good as the protos but there are exceptions and instances where I feel the production sculpt actually looked better than the proto. The MoS sculpt being one of these.

I would be really disappointed if released one will be really off from Photo, I'm Henry Cavill fan and really like it, even hairstyle it really epic. I know most people prefer MOS but... MOS stock image sculpt is much more detailed than released one. but kinda looks similar. hope they will not ruin him this time. cz I don't live in USA and this money is really good money in my country and I did a lot of documents for Sideshow to let me pre-order him. I signed the contract :| it would be better option if I canceled my order and ordered after actual photos,but I'm sure exclusive one will be sold out soon.

I really dont think you will be disappointed. If you like the proto, I think you will love this as well.
I still consider MOS as one Hot Toys best figures.
And considering they tweaked BvS Superman to be even better, I think you wont be disappointed.

I personally love the MOS better, and I have two of them. And at the moment, I was planning on just sticking to those, but I'm kinda torn on ordering this new Superman cause I think it looks great.
One of the key things that would push me get it is seeing comparison pics of the MOS and BvS to see if the body is bigger.
The MOS is on the muscular/Slender side which is spot on how he looked in MOS. But he was really huge in BvS, so if the body is noticeably bigger, I may end up getting one too.

But I think you'll like this.

thank you guys for advice . as they don't use official head yet. that means they are still working on it. so lets wait. Body should be bigger ''fatter''in a good way than MOS. lets see. I really like how he looks in BvS more dramatic and mature.

Yeah, I think that was the intent in BvS.

They wanted to portray a more mature and "seasoned" Superman who was settling into his role. The hairstyle alone depicts this. In MoS, he was a greenhorn.

Little things I like about this portrayal of Superman is they show him doing everyday things that any other person would do. For instance, in MoS, he was drinking a beer and watching football. In BvS, he was up in the morning cooking some breakfast.

He doesn't really. Only in a dream sequence. He does use the speargun to shoot a few dudes and fling them around, but other than the always present weapons on the car and the plane, he uses his own weapons(I don't count a gun used to fire inanimate objects, lol).

Pretty sure the guy he stabbed and impaled on the wall with his own knife wasn't walking away from that one way though

thank you guys for advice . as they don't use official head yet. that means they are still working on it. so lets wait. Body should be bigger ''fatter''in a good way than MOS. lets see. I really like how he looks in BvS more dramatic and mature.

You're welcome.
I've seen Hot Toys do this before. Like AOU Thor. They showed the proto, but then, there was a conventions where they still had the Dark World sculpt.
But when finally released, it was the finished version of the proto. It just means the proto is still being tweaked or approved.

Yeah, I think that was the intent in BvS.

They wanted to portray a more mature and "seasoned" Superman who was settling into his role. The hairstyle alone depicts this. In MoS, he was a greenhorn.

Little things I like about this portrayal of Superman is they show him doing everyday things that any other person would do. For instance, in MoS, he was drinking a beer and watching football. In BvS, he was up in the morning cooking some breakfast.

Lol...yeah, I remember in MOS, I was like...Superman drinks beer?
Pretty cool to see him like a human instead of always being a superhero.

Back