1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this little trick on YouTube from a user who did a review on Supes. If you don't want to use the c-clamp because of potential damage to the suit, you can simply turn the malleable post into a makeshift crotch grabber-esque stand that the figure can balance between:

View attachment 302191

I have both Supes and Armored Bats, so I used the actual crotch grabber post and attachment that came with him on Supes and used the malleable with doing this trick on Armored Bats, since he's a larger figure.

I don't think I want to see anything big, black, and thick between the MOS legs......

Last edited:
Yeah 6000k is about right. I use these and the the LED equivalents to light all my detolfs. Spectacular results. Amazon is a great resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank's man, much appreciated. I'm getting a cabinet about 3 detolfs wide and will look for those kind of LED's to really show the figures off. Even some cool white lights don't seem bright enough.

I don't think I want to see anything big, black, and thick between the MOS legs......

:lol

Ideally, no. Though I thought it was a clever, albeit crude, solution using what's provided to you for those who only have Superman and want him to be stabilized on the base with a stand in a neutral standing position, but don't want to use the c-clamp for extended periods of time lest damaging the suit, or don't want to pay $60+ to buy a spare BvS base and post with crotch grabber attachment from another figure just to get the post and the crotch grabber.

As I mentioned, I have Armored Bats as well and I used his post and crotch grabber attachment on Superman and used this trick to stabilize Armored Bats, for now at least. He's a larger and darker figure, so the big, black and thick rod between his legs isn't quite as bad. :lol

Won't that ruin the posable post? I've tried putting some of mine in very bent poses and they never were the same again. Almost as if the metal inside gave up.

Toy Anxiety are selling the base for $30.

Cool, thanks for the tip. Wasn't privy of TA selling them. On eBay, they go for $60 plus.

Won't that ruin the posable post? I've tried putting some of mine in very bent poses and they never were the same again. Almost as if the metal inside gave up.

Would it? I've never had an issue with those malleable posts but then again, I try and circumvent them whenever possible and none of my figures are currently displayed with one. Not sure how they hold up over time when contorted in various configurations.

Hi everyone. Just noticed my Superman's suit a little rip on it by the right hip. Anyone know where I could get a replacement suit? I've tried Toy Anxiety and eBay but no luck so far. I hope I don't have to buy another figure.

Contact your seller. Maybe you could buy a replacement suit from them.

Thanks for the tip, I might try that if I decide not to keep freestanding him.

I have to say although I was initially quite impressed with this figure its growing on me even more by the day. I just have him standing in a straight museum pose but it's the figure I cant stop staring at now. The likeness to Cavil, detailing and texture of the suit all stunning and of course that beautiful cape. Can't wait to get my two Batfleck figures to go alongside him.
see! it's the other way round.

Some pics of the modded head and a stand modded with a crotch grabber

6EB0FCBA-6D54-4A50-B0BE-1B7530C3BDC8.jpg

208C7D3D-2593-4FEA-A8B0-06C6E07FA952.jpg

7C6CC817-3B78-47DA-B559-335289912656.jpg

521AD83E-5BCD-45D9-9C54-622EED8B5998.jpg

6C879D9A-F8EB-4F0D-8FDF-FA961C5F6E24.jpg

3F146C93-1DB4-44D1-B0A8-BC94BD07656E.jpg

DE15CE21-CA3C-4A5D-AE2A-E38DE566068E.jpg

75618C9E-75B9-4C82-A2A3-265E802CC130.jpg

0CED1215-3A0D-4B40-9E54-23E8A022861B.jpg

66867A00-4E57-43C1-990A-8865BF5970D2.jpg

But Superman is impervious to everything including water. That's why he can't take a shower and why he has a super stink! LOL

I think the hair could work, the problem is that nothing else on him looks wet or the same level of shine, so it makes it look like his hair could be wet but everything else is dry - looks quite jarring in that regard. I think to give that look you desire you have to go all or nothing

I think the hair could work, the problem is that nothing else on him looks wet or the same level of shine, so it makes it look like his hair could be wet but everything else is dry - looks quite jarring in that regard. I think to give that look you desire you have to go all or nothing
Exactly this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Its just for a customer. The suit never looks wet in the rain anyway. So in that regard it's just as it would look.
I already did the same mod for someone else without the gloss coat.

The hair on that modded sculpt looks awesome, as does that modded stock BvS base to be able to be compatible with a crotch grabber stand. However, I do echo the sentiments of others that the hair might be a little too glossy. I agree that the suit really didn't look wet or dirty and that his hair did have a bit of a glossy shine to it due to being wet, but I think the gloss finish on the sculpt to emulate that might have given it a bit too much of a shine.

All in all, looks great though! :clap

Back